3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL Losers & Friends - January 2006 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/71273-lawl-losers-friends-january-2006-a.html)

Leah AU mom 01-13-2006 05:00 PM

7.4 is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kmccann 01-13-2006 05:29 PM

Hi everyone! I am new to the site and was wondering if anyone could help me. I can't figure out how to get a meter to track the weight loss. I think I have looked all over the site with no luck. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Repo girl 01-13-2006 06:00 PM

Hi Kmc, go to User CP, Edit Signature, and follow the directions there. Welcome to the boards!! Katie

nikkijo 01-13-2006 07:25 PM

Congratulations to everyone on their weight loss!!!
What is NSV?? My daughters birthday is monday too but she's having her party next weekend. She wants me to make those saltine cracker thingies where you pour the melted butter and sugar over them and bake them in the oven and then melt the chocolate chips on it....... this is what she wants instead of cake.....

deetsmom 01-13-2006 07:58 PM

OMG...Ive never even heard of that...are they good?

deetsmom 01-13-2006 07:58 PM

NSV is a non scale victory.

vibrantecho 01-13-2006 08:06 PM

Nikki - NSV is Non Scale Victory - basically, any WL-related success that doesn't have to do with numbers on the scale...could be noticing a change in the fit of your clothes, or bypassing a cheat in favor of choosing something healthier, or having someone tell you you look good, whatever. :)

Talk about Friday the 13th! DH woke up with a migraine, my debit card isn't working and this is the first time I've gotten near a computer today because DD finally came down with the flu that DH and I had last week. She's in bed now and hopefully down for the count. At least she made it through school before she started feeling sick, it was Pajama Day today and she would have been REALLY upset if she had missed it! She's going to be bummed tomorrow, though, if she's feeling better because I'm NOT taking her to gymnastics even if she looks 100%.

Did I mention the other day that I got into the 214s??? :dancer: I was the same again today, probably because I had that second helping of meatloaf last night (that DH told me not to have, but I was HUNGRY!!) Oh well, I'm over it.

I said several weeks back that I was going to try day-at-a-time WL and NOT put any goal-oriented pressure on myself, and so far it seems to be working (although I have had to mentally bite my tongue a few times) - hopefully I won't be jinxing myself by saying that I'd really, really like to see 2-0-X come up on the scale before the end of the month. :crossed:

Okay, 'nuff break time...gotta go clean up the basement, where DD has been residing all afternoon and evening. :p Hugs to everybody!

nikkijo 01-13-2006 08:24 PM

Deets - they are delicious....you let them cool and then break them into pieces, they taste like a heath bar.

Leah AU mom 01-13-2006 08:26 PM

That's funny that she would rather have crackers with choc. chips than cake. How old is she?

My 6yr DD turning 7 in March is going to have a 50's party.

Leah AU mom 01-13-2006 08:30 PM

I cooked tonight instead of our usual Friday night family dinner date out. DH has now taken our DDs to Brusters for ice cream, Jackson (2yr.) and I stayed home. I have to admit, it feels good when I have an NSV like turning down ice cream. I knew I would have more trouble resisting if I went so instead, Jackson and I are here in the playroom and he is feeding plastic ice cream desserts from the play kitchen.

Leah AU mom 01-13-2006 08:32 PM

WHat is the red exclamation point under the avatar that so many people have?

vibrantecho 01-13-2006 08:33 PM

Leah - funny you should ask, we just had this discussion a couple of days ago.

If someone posts something that you find inappropriate/offensive, you click the ! on that post to report it to the board moderators.

Leah AU mom 01-13-2006 08:37 PM

Mary--Good to see you on here today. I was here some in the summer I remember when you had to evacuate because of the hurricane.

It's encouraging to see many people that were here months ago (when I flaked out) are still here.

My daughters have basketball and cheerleading tomorrow and we are going to some friends' house for dinner tomorrow night. They are having a shrimp boil, but she'll be making yummy but sinful appetizers. I'm about to plan out my meal, so that I can plan ahead and stay POP.

Cheering for everyone:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

deetsmom 01-13-2006 08:41 PM

Man, I wish I never heard of those!