3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL: Friends and Losers - Nov 2005 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/67817-lawl-friends-losers-nov-2005-a.html)

Star 11-30-2005 09:11 AM

Morning Chicks....

:wave:

OH MY GOSH - Did the Biggest Loser ROCK or what:?: They all looked like new people, well except for Kathryn and I'm sure she felt unworthy. And then that Nick guy didn't even attend. He must of gained weight or something.

PETE - Did he look awesome or what? PLUS he's from Michigan - Oh RAH:carrot:

Watching the show made me want to RUN to the gym and :strong: :ebike: :wl: :tread: :tread: I think Suzy is just beautiful, as was Andrea.........:cp:

Beanie - Thanks for the info on switching the protein for dairy. When I go back to COD:devil: I'm gonna have to have a long talk and make sure I can fit all my new requirements (doctors) into my plan....I'm sure they will help me out......I'm sooooooooooooo anxious to get some Lites, I have really missed those wonderful little bars of heavenly chocolate bliss:hun:

Destiny - About my love for exercise, I truly believe that some people just get addicted to it and can't get enug. While others never get the bug. I'm so thrilled that I was blessed with that addiction factor. I can't understand how awful it would be to dislike excercise:dunno: I guess I can compare it to my dislike of housework:?:

Well it's snowing here and cold........oh and windy, which makes it worse....:mad:

I'm eating my Fiber One Honey Clusters right now. My teeth are killing me as I had my back brackets added to my braces on Tuesday. The dentist told me in three months he will tell me how much longer I have to go. I've had them on about a year now......

Well I must go and get some stuff done here. I'll check back later....
HUGS -:grouphug: :gossip:

Repo girl 11-30-2005 09:26 AM

Hi All,
OMG Biggest Loser was so inspiring!!! Suzy looked like a million bucks!! So did Andrea, Shannon, and almost all of the women. I started thinking, okay, if they can do it, so can I!!! I just need to talk to my center about my plan (STILL in stall mode) and exercise everyday. I have to quit slacking on the exercise. I am going to WI today. I think that I am still up one pound from last weeks TO loss. Oh well. I am also going to ask them about the TO that I did with no bars, if maybe that is not enough protein? Anyway, I will post again later! Katie

shennie_97 11-30-2005 10:34 AM

Pugmom~ purple is actually above us, you will go down to green (loose a starch and veggies, I think)

Star~ you are the :strong: :wl: :drill: :tread: :coach: :queen:

Beanie~ good luck on TO

Just had my first luna (key lime pie) and I am really not thrilled. I am going to stick to my lemon lites. I like the yogurt part, but not the nuts. Was in a rut for a minute, so was planning on doing TO today, but I was down at 162.6, so I decided to just go for a POP day instead. Truthfully, I was so certain I would have to do TO today because I found some lofthouse cookies (the oh so soft sugar cookies with icing on top) for only $1 and they usually are about $3.99, so of course I bought some and ate 6 at 180 calories each. I felt so bad I was actually thinking about asking to put my plan on hold for a few weeks so I can get back in control, but after seeing the loss today I am ready to keep going. (don’t ask me how the cookies gave me a loss, the only thing I can think is that I was too sick to eat anything else all night :) )

At home again today (wasting vacation time) so that they can figure out what is going on with my sewer line. I am going to have sooooo much work when I get back in tomorrow.

SyracuseNY 11-30-2005 10:39 AM

OMG, did those people on Big Loser's look awesome or what. All of them were such an inspiration and a reforcement that hard work and determination sure does pay off. I can't believe that Pete lost 185 lbs (and his wife lost 70). Can you image - it's like carrying one of us around. The reason why I mentioned that is that DM purchased a huge 21 lb ham for Christmas Eve dinner this past Sunday. I helped her bring the groceries into the house. I couldn't believe how heavy that ham was. She said, she lost 80 lbs and she can't image carrying 4 hams around with her. I can't either. I was hoping that Seth or Suzy would have won the final event, but nice of Jello to give the final 2 a consolation prize. Matt did look awesome, but I think I liked him the least.

Metal: Congrats to DS for passing his driver's test. My DN just failed hers and we are secretly glad because she is not ready to drive. When she does, I will post an APB to let everyone know she's on the road. LOL!

Hugs to everyone else. Gotta run, Sy

truecanadianangel 11-30-2005 10:50 AM

Mitchypoo,

what flavor of the juice can you take. I can buy it here, ad i start take off today. and i actully use the cranberry, evey once in awhile, when i crave something tart. Please let me know, and how much to take ..

thank you
angel

Chklithunder 11-30-2005 11:58 AM

:wave: Hello Everyone.

I missed the first 45 mins of BL last night, but I sure was impressed by how great everyone looked. Amazing!

Today, Beanie and I are doing TO. Pray for me, as I am trying to do this right. The counselor was really pushing it and I didn't want to do it, but if I can make it through these 2 days I will be soo proud of myself, not to mention soo eager to have real, OP food again. Sigh...

Mary, I read about your visit from **** with the MIL. Honey, pray for her and kill her with kindness. She won't be able to take it. Mine HATES that so I just heap it on her. You can almost see her melting. She now has the nickname Wicked *itch of Ohio.:lol: Everytime I picture her in my mind, she's melting like in the Wizard of Oz. It helps... Anyway, welcome back and WTG with going without a gain.

Repo girl 11-30-2005 12:23 PM

Okay, so I just returned from COD. I have returned to my TO weight, so I won't have to change my ticker, LOL. I told them that I am unhappy with my slow loss recently, and they told me, "Oh well." I have never been unhappy with my center before today. I just feel like they let me down. DH says that I need to rely on myself, and not look to them to be life changing or something. He is right, I guess.

Carmen- Good luck doing TO!!! My MIL must be related to yours! LOL
Beanie- Asked a different counselor about doing the limited TO without the lites, and she said, "You cannot do the TO without lites. If you cannot do the lites, then never do TO again! You should have done that!" Yeah right, lady. I just won't tell you all, and I will add some protein to the mix!

mrsbeanie 11-30-2005 12:36 PM

Katie- sorry your COD was so dissapointing. Yeah mine had told me the same thing that if I did take off it would have to be the first one totally unlimited. So today I am doing the one in the book and using power bars (taking antihistamine for hives) hoping to gag them down for these two days!

Chklit - Hows it going? I need prayers too...i hate protien bars!

Truecanadian - Its called Knudsen's Morning Blend

mrsbeanie 11-30-2005 12:41 PM

I was just thinking that if they (COD) would help us do a modified TO not the first unlimited one but the one in the book with enough protien to cover the 6oz meat and the bars! So if you figure on average their bars have 10g protien ...couldn't you just figure out a protien with 10g in it and about the same amount of calories? Just a thought. *as beanie sits there taking a tiny bite of bar and drinking water fast* :lol3:

Chklithunder 11-30-2005 12:51 PM

Beanie - I'm making it. I forgot you couldn't do the bars. Are you going to be okay eating them? Geez I hope those antihistamines work. I weighed in this AM, am still up those 2 lbs from Thanksgiving. I wonder how much (if anything) I stand to lose from this version of TO. Before on the unlimited, I lost 5 lbs but then put it back on rather quickly. :shrug:

mrsbeanie 11-30-2005 12:57 PM

chklit- I think I will be okay... the last day when I did the regular bars when I first started I had hives real bad and threw up all day. Sorry if TMI. Sounds like you are doing great! Gonna go get me some veggies! I think the way we are doing it should work. I think the key is when you go back to eating stick to the lighter stuff for a couple of days...ya know what I mean? or am I off my rocker? (GOOD POSSIBILITY!!)

Repo girl 11-30-2005 01:02 PM

Yeah, I think that I will do 2 1/2 proteins, just like on my normal plan, and avoid red meat. My dad did TO over the weekend with the Knudsens. He went to COD on Monday and had dropped 5 lbs. Before he told them that he did TO, he asked them if he could sign a waiver and do TO, and they said absolutely not, since he is insulin resistant and does not do the bars. Now my sis and I are sworn to secrecy at our center!! Today one of the counselors told me "Your dad is doing so good! It must be all of that hunting he is doing. He must be walking a lot." Little does she know that he hunts from his truck window, and hardly ever gets out and walks.

Anyway, my News Year's goal is 10 lbs. I am going to start exercising today, and keep OP come **** or high water!! Have a great, OP day everyone!!!

deetsmom 11-30-2005 01:03 PM

I just finished TO last night and was only down 1.4. I did the "unlimited" protein but kept a good eye on it and didnt eat out of control protein. No bars, had the juice and green veggies. I had beef three times, maybe thats why it wasnt a huge success..also had a McDonalds burger,no bun or condiments, but very salty nonetheless. I hate the transition from TO- yes I agree - lighter choices are best. Just stuck today as to what to eat....

Chklithunder 11-30-2005 01:40 PM

Question for you all...

How long do you think it takes for your body to show the results of your eating (good or bad)? For instance, Deets you just did TO. Do you think it takes one day, two days, 3 etc., for your loss to show? How long do you all think it will take for ALL of my weekend indiscretions to show? I think weighing everyday will help me to figure this out on my own but I am awfully curious as to what you all think.

deetsmom 11-30-2005 01:43 PM

Thats a good question! My TO weight only shows after its all over..the first day showed nothing. I dont know how the heck the body works, some say it takes a week for indescretions to show up. I really dunno but wish I did!!!