Old 11-15-2005, 11:18 AM   #436  

Well, I am trying very hard not to be aggravated over the whole situation. I want to believe in this program, but I also feel as if they are not delivering the support that was promised when I paid for this. I feel like I have been pretty much left to myself and am paying them just to weigh on their digital scale.

I think I will call today and see what I can get from the "hotline."

Andi
wtxchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 12:47 PM   #437  
Missing Ohio

Happy Tuesday Chickies,

Glad to hear of the all of your losses. Keep it up. You are motivating to me even if I am still back OP completely. I will go to the COD tomorrow and Saturday. Lost 2 lbs. from Sunday, probably because of all of the yard work that I did yesterday and my yoga class last night. Yoga is no joke, especially with arthritis from head to toe and atrophy joints in feet. The instructor modified some of the moves for us afflicted ones. Makes it nicer not to be the only one in class with problems(young and old).

I'm off to listen to the tape and practice some the yoga moves. Keep doing what you are doing.

later,
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 01:03 PM   #438  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi All,

cnt- Crazy about the cookbook. Seems like a waste of their time to put it together for clients without counts.

jlyn- Suzy is on tetracycline and electrolites. About the good bugs, that is a good idea. I think that I will start her on yogurt as well.

Star- When are you coming back, we miss you!

Mary- We miss you too. Thinking about you..

I am working very hard to stay POP. It is getting easier. I made OP chicken cordon blue last night. It was awesome. If anyone wants the recipe, ask and I will post. Gotta go! Time for Suzy's "milkshake".
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 04:11 PM   #439  
Awesome Super Cool Member

S/C/G: 305/251/204.5

I love chicken cordon bleu and it is one of my hubbys faves. I would love your recipe! Maybe I could make that tonight!
applegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 04:32 PM   #440  
Katie

Hey AppleGirl,
Okay, I butterflied my chicken breasts with a filet knife so that they were thin. You could pound them too, but I didn't. I used 2 breasts, so ended up with four after cutting. I smeared them with softened ff cream cheese, and a thin slice of low sodium lf ham. I rolled them up, placed them seam side down in a glass baking dish, sprinkled with Mrs. Dash Table Blend, covered, and baked at 400 for about an hour. It made a nice sauce in the pan that I poured sparingly over the chicken. We also had tiny baked potatoes, carrot sticks, and steamed cauliflower. It was a really good meal.

Andi- Any luck on the hotline? I want to ask them about popcorn, since I have gotten about 4 different answers on the serving size. 1/2 cup dry kernels on here, one counselor said 1 cup popped, another said 2 cups, and another said she did not think that it was on plan at all. I have this brilliant idea, though. You could take your popped popcorn, melt 1 t. of butter (F) and 1 t honey (Condiment) and pour on your popcorn and shake. It would be sort of like kettle corn. Hey, maybe I could sneak a bag of it into Harry Potter in Friday night!

Have a great pop day everyone! Katie
Old 11-15-2005, 04:45 PM   #441  
Katie

Okay, I just called. They did not know, but said that it should be somewhere between 60-90 calories. According to Fitday, 1 cup popped is 30 calories. I'm thinking then that 3 cups popped should be okay. I will let you know how the kettle corn turns out!
Old 11-15-2005, 05:42 PM   #442  
Katie

Well, I tried making the kettle corn and guess what? It ROCKS!!! One of the best OP treats I have had yet.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:32 PM   #443  

Katie~ don't know how you feel about ff margarine, but you can have a whole tablespoon of that for fat.

Also where did you find low sodium ham, I can't find it anywhere
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 07:16 PM   #444  

Katie: The chicken cordon blue sounds yummy, I'm going to have to give that a try too. And, the kettle corn sounds awesome. Your sure do have an imagination, and we are really benefitting from it. Keep up the lite tips!

Julie: You're just awesome with words. You amaze me. I'm in the comfortable married stage, and really need to get back to the honeymoon stage. Hope something sparks my interest. Maybe I'll go to the library or bookstore and look for something modivational to read. Seems like I've been this way since reading that other book about people losing weight and keeping it off. I can't recall the name right now, but we discussed this a few months ago. I'm going to keep searching until I get the spark back. You're such a sweetie. Thanks for paying attention! Love that about you.

Ladies, when I first started and had problems after using the Morton Lite Salt, I emailed LAWL from their website and got an answer within a day or two. If you have questions that are not getting answered to your satifacation, give them a try. Here is the link: http://www.lawlcorp.com/contact_us/contact_us.aspx Once you get to this page, you can choose your Topic.

WAgal, nice you see you back.

Izzy, your always so sweet too. Good job on the exercising, and being down. Yeah, I count mowing the lawn as exercise, so yardwork is very countable in my book.

Good Luck everyone, and congrats to the losers. Hoping to join you soon!

Hugs, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 07:32 PM   #445  

Hey chicks. . .

I was up at WI - .4 - not too bad - I think it's the shrimp I had yesterday for lunch - I always seem to retain water when I'm eat it (it is a salt water creature, after all). . .

Deets - (don't laugh at this) - i got an email from Astrology.com today -Mercury went into retrograde yesterday- it's the planet for communication and TRAVELING. You may be right about the stars. .

Sy - I'm blushing - was the book Thin For Life?

Katie - you are so creative with your food! Did you airpop the popcorn? Somewhere in my many moves I got rid of my airpopper.

Hey Cindy - WB - you've had a full couple of months with your DB, and your DD -- Did you go on hold? When I went on hold, it was like I'd dropped off the planet. They couldn't even find my file when I went back in September. The main encouragement I can give you - trust me, you aren't the first person who's been AWOL for awhile - if you don't go back, all that $$$ is down the drain. .

Hugs to all,
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 07:53 PM   #446  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Dagnab that .4...I swear! LOL!

Julie- do you know a lot about Astrology? I really don't..but I am a Taurus, do you think that has anything to do with my wacky day? LOL!!!!! Thank god today was MUCH more sane!

Tomorrow is WI and our "customer appreciation" Open House, I am excited!! 25-30% off EVERYTHING! Woo hoo
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 08:06 PM   #447  

Deets - I know very little about astrology - just think it's interesting! (I'm a Pisces, BTW)

We don't seem to be having a customer appreciation day - but found out that they are having a special - if we drop .5 between WI's before and after Thanksgiving and Christmas - for instance next Wednesday and next Friday - we get a 10$ coupon -- that may just be enough to keep me pretty OP next Thursday. . .
Old 11-15-2005, 08:14 PM   #448  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Im actually thinking Thanksgiving wont be that hard..at least its TURKEY. Ill stick to plainer veggies, go light on potatoes if any and try to avoid dessert altogether. I see these kind of challenges really as like endurance races and sink my teeth into them like its a battle. Its crazy that my goal date (which Im not going to make, its in 5 days!!!) and what will be my last few "loss weeks" are all around these holidays- crummy timing!!!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 08:18 PM   #449  

Yes, I actually lost weight last Thanksgiving, so I know what you mean -

Did you decide to stay at 135, or go lower? How tall are you BTW - I mean, if you're in 4's already!!
Old 11-15-2005, 08:26 PM   #450  

S/C/G: 236/216.5/165

Height: 5'8

Happy Tuesday everyone!

It kind of feels like it should be Thursday or something…. How does one count spaghetti sauce? I must be blind? I will check at WI tomorrow (argh, “COD” is Sooooo appropriate!)

Speaking of LAWL support, why can’t they have a website with more info, with say “log in” codes? It would really help when it’s odd hours that one needs to look something up, get inspired etc…..There Web page is pretty, well bad.

Katie – How’s Suzy doing? We tried the yogurt w/Chili, but ended up having to actually get a probiotic from the Vet. What yummy recipes!!!! Thanks for posting and putting the counts in! Makes life easier!

Cnt – What cookbook is TF handing out? Is it the Holiday one we all got coupons for, and then they ran out? A little brisk this am wasn’t it?

Julie – It’s cool that your center has those little motivations! Every little bit helps!

Deets – You are so close! Hang in there!

MrsBeanie – Are you overall pretty satisfied with our center? Too early for me to judge.

Yikes! Got to get kids cleaned up, homework and ready for bed! Have a great eve and day tomorrow!
JLynn
jlynn1 is offline   Reply With Quote