Old 01-03-2006, 03:28 PM   #16  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Glad my center isn't like that. I told them I couldn't afford them as I had just lost my job, after I had paid for the program. I purchased 5 boxes that equal 2 a day, but once those are gone it will depend if I can afford more or not. My plan is to have one a day, unless I want more then one. I do feel my center is there to help me succeed.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 03:37 PM   #17  

I feel like my Center is there to make all the money they can - they are always pushing supps on me, and I even bought one against my better judgement. I am a retired Senior Citizen and can't really afford all this!
There were a number of newbies at the Center today, most of them "Oldies" like me and I keep wondering how they can afford it.
Roses4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 04:06 PM   #18  
Katie

Height: 5'1

You really don't "have" to buy anything from them. I just say no thanks and that is the end of it, but if they keep pushing you, I would consider calling the 800 # and complaining, because I think that not telling that the lites are optional is really dishonest of them.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 04:25 PM   #19  

Interesting you would say that - I read in my newspaper a couple of days ago that the State Attorney General's office is settling claims because the two Centers in my city have been misrepresenting the program costs to increase enrollment and then pushed the sale of protein bars and supplements. Wonder if I have a case?
Old 01-03-2006, 04:26 PM   #20  
Newbie to Core

Talking No more lites.

I just wanted to say that I am on the Red 1 plan and don't do the lites. I was on the Red plan and told them that I couldn't afford it so they just moved me up one plan. I'm exactly sure but i think the only difference is that Red 1 has one more starch & 1 more fruit.

I was actually lying about eating them and got tired of it. Since they switched my plan I don't get any grief and they are really good about it.

Terry
jorninsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 04:34 PM   #21  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Good for you Terry!

You know, Rosie, if you really do not want to do the lites, maybe you should ask for your money back, and change plans. If they refuse, point out that you were never given an option, and you feel that they misrepresented themselves to you. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 04:50 PM   #22  

I asked if I could buy the Lites on a month-to-month basis and was told I couldn't, but that I could set up a 90-day-same-as cash account and pay it that way, so that is what I did. (Through a finance company) But what I find deceptive is that I had already applied for credit with the finance company to pay for my program, and that passed! Then three days later when I went back to get the Blue program that they had set up for me, then I got hit with the high charges for the Lites, I really felt squeezed.

Rosie
Old 01-03-2006, 05:06 PM   #23  

after reading this I was wondering what the "Luna" bars are? I agree with the cost - I feel thats one reason I put my plan on hold. I couldn't keep going if I wasn't 100% faithful.
yann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 06:54 PM   #24  

Hi!
I am new to LAWL (just finished the Express Diet yesterday). As a college student, I too, am very interested in learning more about the Luna bars. Are they exactly the same - as far as nutrition facts? I got my "free" samples yesterday and go back on Thursday - I will not be purchasing any lites because they are so expensive and I cannot afford them.

I appreicate all the feedback and it makes me feel better to know that it is possible to lose weight without the bars.

~Lacey
lacey125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 07:36 PM   #25  

Talking nutritonal values?

Hi every one I am so glad to find you all I fell upon this great site while looking for nutritional value of la lite bars I use to be on the plan last year and now need to go back on as the weight is back after a long bought of unemployment and moving. I am trying to get back on track but as you all know the cost of the bars are large and the program is even worse so I hope to succeed on my own and would like to try and find a equivalent bar in the market. If someone could please provide me with a nutritonal value breakdown it would be great and hopfully we can help support each other in our weight loss. thank you all for your help so glad to find you.

Jenn
sunstones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 08:04 PM   #26  

I will check out the luna bars and post my findings hope you all have a good night.
sunstones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 09:30 PM   #27  

Rosie~ My old center was really sales focused and I got to the point I hated going there. The one I go to know has one girl in particular who will talk to customers on the phone about the plan while you are sitting there she is so money hungry, but there are others ones who have never tried to sell me a thing. I just tell them “nope” when they do ask me.

As far as lunas go, many people here have substituted them with no problem, they are the closest thing to lites. If you do try to get another bar please be sure to look at the sodium because many of them are high in sodium.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 05:51 AM   #28  

Wink Luna Bars

Where can Luna Bars be purchased? Anyone from the Minneapolis area in Minnesota know about this? I would like to try them before buying a lot of them.
Jacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 07:09 AM   #29  

On another site a LAWL counselor suggests using PRIA bars instead of Luna because..."As for the bars I prefer the Pria snack size. They have 1/2 the amount of fat and a whole lot less sugar than the lite bars. If it is cost you are worried about get some of those at your local wholesale club, they will do the same thing for you cheaper and they taste better than the Luna IMO."
Rose21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:01 AM   #30  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Prias are good
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote