Old 06-12-2005, 08:56 AM   #1  

Default Lets help each other

Hello everyone,

I am just getting starting on LA Weightloss and the gold plan. I wanted to start a thread to talk to other about their weight loss tips and strategies, not just those on the gold plan but any plan. I think it would be helpful to know what others are eating, like do you eat the frozen meal if you do how often do you eat them, or how often do you eat your meals, do you eat late at night? What kind of exercise do you do?

I think tips like this can help put this weight loss battle behind us. When I weigh in at the center they have you in and out so fast there is no time to really talk about any thing.

Ladies I really could use your help and I think there or other out there that could use it too. so please let's **** from you.

Thank YOU

WEBB
webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 10:20 AM   #2  

Hello again,

Sorry for the misspelled word at the end, but you know that is how going through my weight loss journey has felt.
Old 06-12-2005, 12:24 PM   #3  

Thumbs up

Hi Webb,
I think some sharing of info is great. I'm new to 3FC as well; its a great place to get all kinds of advice and encouragement.
I'm still trying to get myself on a plan that works for me, but right now I'm using the WW principles. I've lost the most with that, though I'm not a member right now I plan to go back.
What I like about WW is that you can eat what y ou want but you're taught to make sensible choices and control portions. I workout at a gym when I can and at home when I can't go to the gym, usually about 2 times a week
I hope we can share ideas again soon
silver7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 01:59 PM   #4  
SW236/CW143/GW149

Hey ladies This is a great place to come for support. We have a daily thread. The LAWL Losers & Friends June. That is where we do exactly what you said you would like to do. Share tips and strategies for all plans.

I don't eat late at night (at least not anymore). I try to stop eating around 7pm and at the latest 8pm. I try to eat about every 2 to 3 hours. I don't really eat the frozen meals that much anymore, but I used to eat them about 3 to 4 times a week. Just make sure to drink lots of water when you eat them. Helps with the sodium. Welcome to the board and make sure to drop in and post over at lawl losers and friends. It's really helped me a lot. The ladies are wonderful and VERY supportive.

Talk to you soon.

Mandy
mandyd26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 10:18 PM   #5  

I want to thank you both for responding.I knew I was doing some things wrong like I eat late at night and I eat to many frozen meals,because I have to cook for my family, but it makes a diference seeing it it writing.

I am going to try to cut back on the frozen meals, I will also try not to eat so late at night, it's just so hard now that school is out,because I always put my kids first. that is probably why I am over weight now.

Thanks again.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:27 AM   #6  
Twin Mommi

Hi Webb,

I am new too 3 fatchicks too. I wanted let you know you are not alone.

I am on the purple plan i just started june 3 and down 8.5 lbs right now .. i am sooo very excited.

i think i have to credit that to LAWL.. i am the kind of person that has to be accountable.. if i tell someone i will do something...I will do it.. i told them i will lose 50+ lbs and I WILL.

like you i have children.. twin boys 3 1/2 to be exact. I know what you mean you start eating the wrong way .. they can eat the higher fat foods because they run around all day and what i mean by "higher fat" is chicken nuggets , mac and cheese... now i know eventually i will be able to eat a portion of that again but not right now.

I have asked my husband until i get going on the plan ... if he wouldn't mind helping prepare the boys meals so i can work on preparing our meals. he has agreed... but i have been doing them both.. habit i guess tee hee.

I will say you have to get creative... and like alot of different fruits and veggies. there is a great recipe i got off the "Reynold Wrap" website for their Hot bags... they are chicken fajitas and they are WONDERFUL... everything in the recipe is on the plan and tasty too. also i like the canned tiny shrimp i put that on my salad for my protein.

well i am babbling... but i wanted to let you know i know how you feel with kids ...i got way off track ... but i am on my way back to my track ... so we will just run paralell from here on out... they will eat their foods and i will have mine... i have to or i will never be ME again. :-)

your not alone!!!

~Shari
sskinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 05:55 PM   #7  
SW236/CW143/GW149

Shari- I enjoyed reading your post. Congrats on the weight loss so far. I have a 2 1/2 year old Son. I usually make his meals of mac and cheese, oatmeal, etc and then eat my apple or lite or whatever else it is... while he's eating. I also eat separate meals than my Husband. He started getting tired of eating baked chicken or a "fake" taco salad night after night. So I just usually eat my dinner before he even gets home from work. It's not the way I want to live forever, but I figure I can live this way until maintenance when we'll have more food choices and servings. It's so worth the sacrifice. I promise you it'll get easier. It sounds like you have a supportive husband. I also think that is the key. Having support. I know what you mean when you say you'll "never feel like me again". I know the feeling. It's like you have to do something Now!. Congrats on taking the steps to get yourself back. It's worth every bit of sacrifice. Good luck on the plan.

Mandy
mandyd26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 06:57 PM   #8  
Twin Mommi

Hi Mandy,

well it very hard at times but i am doing it... but like today and yesterday have been bad because i get so hungry when i cycle... i am trying to be good but like i just ate some f.f. popcorn... but i am so darn hungry.

but overall i am doing great and i love the plan and the L L's.

i know the plan will get easier and easier!!

~ Shari
sskinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 12:29 AM   #9  

Hi Guys,

Just wanted you to know that as for as being on program ,I had the best day ever today.I got up at 5:00 this morning and did my walking,I cooked for my family, I cooked for my self, no frozen meal. I DID NOT EAT ANY FOODS THAT WERE NOT ON PROGRAM I even ate my dinner around 8:00 and that is early for me.

Right now some ice cream or something cold would taste good ,but I just wont go down stairs.

Thank Guys, I really appreciate your support.
Old 07-30-2005, 01:30 PM   #10  

Hello WEBB
I'll love to talk to U and other about weight loss tips and strategies, I started on the Blue plan in March of 2005 and I went from 206 to 189 in June of 2005 I was doing pretty good I thought, but now I've had to have my gallbladder removed and will be starting over in late August. I will be glad to keep in touch.

When you go to your Center make them take the time to talk to you on your progess and offer ideals to you. My Center is great!!!! most of the Ladies really want to help me with my progress. So sometimes I can talk to them for 10 or more mins. if I need to. They really want me to loose the weight. All I wanted to loose was 10lbs by May 2005 and I had lost 13 my dress for my friends wedding looked really great on me. So when I get back on the program I need to loose 50lbs by Nov. 1 for my cruise. I'll be needing a lot of help to reach this goal.

Any suggestions untill I can get back on track?
2bthin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 07:12 AM   #11  

Smile Great Progress

this week i did the purple plan without the lites/bars and i am down 3 more pounds after being stuck for a week. i think lites/luna bars have too much sugar for my body and maybe they increased my calorie level too much. good luck to everyone this week. i am really focusing on water water water.

Nann147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 07:16 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 171/167/135

Height: 5'5"

Webb - I have 3 little ones (1,4,5) - I know what you mean about putting them first in your day. I feed the kids at 5:30p and have tried to start eating with them, otherwise I end up eating at 8p (after everyone is in bed). Unfortunately, this means I don't always eat with DH and that I am preparing 3 separate meals - but the weight loss is so worth it!

I also run around the house with a 32oz cup (with a lid) and drink from it - I try to refill 2-3 times day.

I have found when I eat too many frozen meals, too many LAWL snacks or too much beef - I tend to plateau.

Great about getting up to get your walking in! I find I am too tired in the mornings.
henrygirls is offline   Reply With Quote