Old 04-07-2005, 11:49 PM   #16  

Hi!

I am new to LAWL (joined on the 25th March). Off to a shaky start since I got the flu right after, so actually "really" started on the 30th!

My name is Cathy and I am 52 years old (divorced), living in Salem, Oregon. My kids are grown (3 girls), although my oldest lives with me and is almost ready to graduate with her nursing degree! Other two girls live in CA - one is an architectural engineer and the other is an accountant. I am a counselor working for corrections - love my job, but I tend to be a work-aholic.

I joined LAWL because I have a lifelong history of being a yo-yo in regards to my weight. This past year has been a "regrowth" of sorts where I am learning to actually accept me as me and challenge the parts of me I don't like! Soooo...here I am. I want to be back down and actually feel good and in shape again! The rising scale was bothering me!

I guess I am looking to hearing all of your successes...and the rough spots. Get any hints (like I turned down the LA Lite bars due to $$...anyone else?). And love getting new recipes!

Glad I found this site!

Cathy
solocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 01:45 PM   #17  

Talking New Too

Hi

I'm Laurie. I started LAWL on March 21 and have lost 10lbs. I go for my next weigh in tomorrow. I am on the red plan without the la lites, too $$. I am having a hard time getting all the food in. I try to walk for a 1/2 hr on my lunch break. I've been able to walk every day this week.

I'm 27, have been married almost 10yrs. I have a daughter 7 going on 17, and my little man will be 6 in a few weeks. We're in northern Ky, yep we wear shoes My husband is a disabled vet with sarcoidosis, so at 37 yrs old he feels like he's 67. He goes to school full time and stays with the kids. He is on prednisone, which now he's gained a lot of weight. He's real supportive of the diet. He does most of the cooking and so he sticks to the book for me.

Anyway, I am so glad that I found this board. Nice to talk to others going through the same stuff.
scrapmom02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 04:16 PM   #18  

Hey ya'll. I have to say this is the best "support group"...EVER! Anyway, my name is Amanda. I'm 27 years old. I've been married for a little over a year (still kinda newlyweds). My DH and I actually dated for 6 years before we took the plunge and he made me an "honest woman", as my great-grandmother liked put it. I currently live in Alabama, ROLL TIDE!!! I'm originally from WV. However from the house I grew up in you could see the "Welcome to PA" sign. But I claim PA most of the time because that's were my mother grew-up and where I spent most of my life with my grandparents. I came to Alabama for college where I met my DH. I liked it so much I stayed. I'm currently a business manager for a private Audiology practice. It's stressful work but my boss just got back from Paris and brought me back a really cool Furla purse . So at least I know I'm appreciated.

I never had a real problem with my weight. It wasn't until I went to college that it really started. I went from being a very active high schooler to your typical college couch potato. I was actually pretty aware of my wieght gain and started to do something about it in my Junior year. But then I broke my ankle and also tore some ligaments and muscles in that foot. All from "falling" down 1 step. Yes, it can be done! They don't call me Grace for nothin'.

I joined LAWL after a friend of mine had great results. I got off to a bumpy start but now I've got two of the COOLEST counselors! It's nice to be able to chat it up like old friends. So far so good. However, I'm having control issues right now so WI today is going to show it. Stupid TOM!
iheartsushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 01:29 PM   #19  
CruiseinJanuary

Default Suburban Chicagoan - New to LAWL

Hi all! My name is Amy. I am 26 years old and have been married to my husband Bryan for 2 1/2 years. All my life I have dealt with being larger that others my age. I averages a 10-12 in high school and typically stayed around 170 pounds while growing up. Got to college and of course put on weight. Lose 25 pounds before my wedding and was 170 and felt wonderful in my wedding gown. Since the wedding I have gained 50 pounds by being lazy and eating out way too much with my husband. It doesn't help that he is overweight too and isn't very active, so to spend time with him we typically go out to eat, watch movies and other unactive things. I have done weight watchers and a number of other things trying to lose weight but keep failing. Got a call last week that a friend of mine is getting married on a Cruise in January going to Key West and Mexico and I want to get back to my normal weight by then. When I look in the mirror I don't feel like I look that big, but when I get pictures back it is like "Who is that?" I feel the real me inside and needing to come out.

I do not have children yet and that is another reason I want to regain a healthy lifestyle, so I can teach my children to be healthy and not have to go through what I did growing up.

I have two Minitature Pinscher dogs named Zuko and Guinness that keep me and my husband feeling like parents in the meantime though.

I am so happy to find a list people who are excited about weight loss with LAWL!!! There are so many negative things out there about the program and I just started last week and don't need any mental excuses not to continue.

Keep on writing everyone!

Amy
CruiseinJanuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 03:44 PM   #20  
One Day At A Time

My name is Sherry and I'm 43 yrs old. I am married to Richard and have two beautiful daughters, one 17 almost 18 and the other one just turned 8 in March. We live in central Texas on 5 acres. I've been overweight as long as I can remember. I've tried I think every diet known to man and even created some of my own. I have many health issues that if I lost the weight most likely wouldn't be an issue then. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. I joined LAWL on March 15th. A friend of mine and her husband have been doing the program since Jan 1 and she has lost 25lbs and her husband 30+. After joining, I have put my whole family on the eating plan. Adjusted, of course, for each person, and together we have lost a total of 43.4 LBS

Richard 16lbs
Kelli 13lbs
Kaci 7lbs
Me 7.4 as of last week
_________
43.4 lbs

My DH and oldest DD are eating Slim fast bars in place of the LA lites and the little DD eats one protein snack bar a day from Walmart.

I am so very proud of our family. I knew as the one that cooks our meals that I was the key to it all but had no idea in almost a month we could drop that much weight!!!

We all love the outdoors. We go camping about once a month when we can and we have quiet a few animals of our own. We have boer goats, pigeons, chickens, cats, a dog (who's boss), a cockatiel and lots of God's critters.

I am a LVN and work doing home health care mainly for the elderly. I love my job and see it as an opportunity to minister to the elderly and help them when I can. They have so much to offer and yet, younger generations treat them so badly. Even many of there own family members are so bad. Anyway, that's another soap box.

I look forward to getting to know all of you and supporting each other in our successful lifestyle change.
mrsSmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 09:14 AM   #21  

Hello Everyone! My Name is Jennifer. I am 25 years old, and live in Western Massachusetts. I work as an Executive Administrative Assistant for a Life Insurance Company. Right now my life is pretty hectic.

I live with my fiancee Bob ( we just got engaged in January), and we are getting married March 18, 2006. So with Starting LAWL, planning the wedding, Work, and our already busy lifestyle..I have very little time to myself lately. However, I realize it will all be worth it in the end! I'll be thinner, healthier, and feel better about myself.

Feel free to check out my wedding websites:
Wedding Web Site #1

Our Knot.com Webpage

There are the details of our wedding, how we got engaged, and so on
Irishgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 10:01 AM   #22  

Default Hi Everyone

My name is Gretchen. I am 29 years old and I live in Maple Grove, MN. That's a large suburb of Minneapolis. I am married to my high school sweetheart, and we don't have any children yet, unless you count our pets, Treena (Rottwieler/German Shepard), Trouble (Treena's sister), and out two cats Lucy, and Boo. They are really wonderful creatures, and I am blessed to have them.

Well, I have been chubby for most of my life with the exception of my Junior and Senior years in highschool. I am 5'10" and at that time I weighed 135 pounds, that's way too thin, I know that now. My current weight is 267.6 pounds as of weigh in yesterday. My highest was 269.8. I started LAWL because I have tried everything else. I had a little bit of success right before I was married, but eating not a lot of food and excercising everyday. That's obviously not healthy. Anyway, I gained back all the weight I lost, and 70 more.

I eat when I am bored and when I am stressed as most people I have found out do. I have begun to do other things, like read, paint, and take photos instead of eating. I have discovered that I am actually kind of good at painting. I didn't think so, but I have been told by a lot of others that they like my work. Maybe they are just saying that not to hurt my feelings, but I like to think they like it. I like most of it.

I look forward to getting to know ya'll!

Gretchen
gemjlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 03:03 PM   #23  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Hi!

I just signed up today! Wow! This site reminds me alot of the Weight Watchers website that I belonged to (for a price of course).

I am 51 years old, married, 1-27 year old daughter, an almost 2 year old furry daughter (Australian Shepherd-Skye) and a 3 year old furry grandson (daughter's Australian Shepherd-Atticus). I have worked for 24 years for Dex Media (Yellow Pages publisher) and just got downsized on January 28th...so am now unemployed. I have lived in Portland Oregon area since 1973, before that I spent my childhood going back and forth between New Castle, Indiana and Coalinga/Avenal, California. My interests are my dogs, quilting (I own a New Joy quilting frame system), handcrafts of all types, Macintosh computers, reading trashy romance novels, as well as horror/mystery.

I just got back from 2 weeks in Hawaii-in Kona (all I had to pay for was plane fare and spending money/food). I got my first tattoo while I was there. I had hoped to be in "better shape" before going...but I blew that. But I am "back in the saddle again" and hope to get this weight off before the end of the year.

Sharon

skandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 07:59 PM   #24  
Daisy

Smile

Hello, Im DaisyRN, I have 3 children, 2 grown and on their own, one dog & cat! I can tell you that LAWL works, I joined years ago and lost 30 pounds and was 10lbs from goal weight when "life" came along and was not able to finish. I have 39 lbs to lose and I am a bridesmaid in a wedding June 25, and would like to look my best for the wedding and..... dress is tough to zip know d/to recent injury -have been unable to excercise and gained some weight since I had the dress....so, back to LAWL because I knew it would be a sure way ( If you stay on plan) to meet my short term goal ( fitting into dress w/out having to pay bridal shop to alter it!) then, long term goal of reaching my weight loss goal of 130! I start take off tomm and wed, then begin blue plan ( shift worker plan)on friday after weigh in!

I was so happy to find this sight....look forward to sharing our lOSSES together!
DaisyRN03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 03:59 PM   #25  

I just found the group and wanted to introduce myself. I have just joined LAWL and today is my first day on program. I am feeling excited right now about it and I hope to be able to keep that feeling up.

I am a mother of 1 DD and 1 DS and I homeschool them both. I also have a small bookkeeping business out of my house. We are involved in Scouts, Ball and lots of other things.

We eat out a lot and I am going to really try to get this under control a bit. I just went to the grocery store this afternoon and stocked up on fresh fruit and veggies. I have washed them and got them portioned out. I think for a while until I get used to the information that is how I will do it.

edited to add-I am 35; 5'4" and have 60 pounds to lose.
Tammy

Last edited by twhitesell; 05-24-2005 at 04:06 PM.
twhitesell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 07:24 AM   #26  

Wink hi all

I'm also pretty much a newbie. I started on friday. So far I am loving it. I really believe that this plan will work for me. Although, why is it, that even tho I stick to the plan, I am afraid I will see a gain on the scale? What causes this paranoia? I wish i knew. Well, gotta w.i. again tonight, so we'll see how it goes!!
linda
912go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 11:12 AM   #27  

Hello everyone,

My name is Donna and I'm 35 with 3 kids, 1 husband and 1 ex-husband, 1 dog and 2 cats. I went to LAWL in Nov. of 2002 I had great success lost 72lbs. and really had changed my lifestyle. I had been a stay at home mom for 8yrs, then decided to get a job(2 kids then). I started working at a furniture store in sales. Very shortly after starting this new job I found out I was pregnant which let me tell you was a big shocker!!! I was 3 months along and didn't even know it(i have always regularly missed my periods). I am a real fananatic about what I eat while I'm pregnant. Lots of protein, no caffeine, no nitrates (which is in every processed meat and lunchmeat there is), no red dyes and of course no smoking or alcohol which I don't do anyway, and the list goes on and on. Don't get me wrong I'm no health nut far from it, I just wanted to do everything I could possibly do to make sure I had a healthy babies. Well needless to say I hadn't been doing any of these things in those 3 months. On Dec. 23 I went for a normal check up and found out the baby was no longer alive. My husband was the only one that knew. I didn't want to tell my other 2 children about it right before Christmas and have them forever associate Christmas with when they lost their little sister. So I went through the holidays as best I could then I finally went into labor on Dec 29th. I had to go through all the labor and pain just like my other babies but this time I didn't get a baby to cuddle and nurse and love after it all.I ended up losing that child when I was 6mos pregnant. It was devastating to me, I totally blamed myself and still do most days, even though everyone told me it was'nt my fault. I went into a depression stage that no one really knew I was in. I tried to get back on plan then found out I was pregnant again(6 wks after the mis-carriage). I was over joyed to be pregnant again. I needed a baby to love and hold. I totally threw all caution to the wind about calorie wise choices or how much I ate. All I could think of was, just get this baby into the world big and healthy then I can lose the weight, I did it before and can do it again. Well I acomplished my first goal, I had a healthy baby boy 10lbs 8oz. Nov. 5 2004.(my joy) But as far as the second goal I have steadily gained weight. I don't know why I was so completely motivated before (2002) and now I can't even get myself to go to LAWL. I know it works. I've decided tomorrow is the day. I'm going to the store today to get all the good foods I need. Then tomorrow I'm starting again. That's why I went looking for this web site. I need some support from fellow LAWL members. I know my intro may sound like I'm a depressed down trodden person, but I'm really not I'm usually a very upbeat fun loving person. I love humor and try to be funny myself. I was just trying to explain how I fell so far. I'm not even sure what I weigh now. I guess I will find out tomorrow when I weigh in(scarry!!!). I just need a buddy, need a buddy, need a budeeeee!!!! please.
OHmomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 11:21 AM   #28  

Irish girl,

I use genisoy bars, they are delicious and also about $.98. I have had a problem with my counsler with this same issue. I just stopped telling them about the kind of bars I use. Just that I had a bar. I know what you mean about the bars being so expensive and I don't even like them, too chewy for me.

Donna
OHmomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 05:23 AM   #29  

Default Cadressa's Bio

Hello all I am new to the group. I am a 31 year old woman who lives in New Jersey. I am married with one child. I am currently enrolled in the LA Weightloss Program. I have been there for about a month and have lost about 16 poounds so far. I am 5 foot 2 inches tall, and weigh when I started 227 pounds. My goal is to be 125 pounds. That is where I feel the most comfortable at. I would love to go outside to walk but this heat lately has been brutal. I can't wait for it to get a little cooler again. Anyway, I will keep you guys posted with any new results as per my weightloss.

Good Luck Ladies! <>< <>< <>< ----------- CADRESSA
Cadressa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 08:49 PM   #30  

Hello Donna (OHmomof3). I agree that the bars are pretty expensive, but they are my safety net when I start to get food crazy. How have the Genisoy Bars worked with the program. Have you seen the same type of weightloss after you switched bars. I would like to switch as well. I tried to gather as much information as possible to compare but I found that nothing comes close to the LA Lites in terms of nutrition facts. How long have you been apart of LAWL? How many pounds have you lost so far? What color plan are you on? I have been going to LAWL for about 6 weeks now and have lost about 17 pounds. My starting weight was 227 and I would eventually like to get down to 125 pounds.

Please repsond as soon as you get a chance :-)
Thanks
Cadressa is offline   Reply With Quote