Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2001, 11:04 PM   #16  

My gosh Barb, you were in the center from ****!

I can't believe they prohibited exercise - thats awful! I am so glad you found a program you like, and feel so bad you had such a bad experience with them - to bad you weren't around ny - could have gone to the scarsdale center well i hope you still keep coming to the lawl board I put in a call to my old assistant , who is now the manager at my old center , she will find out about the bars for you.

Well gang I weighed in tonite and much to my suprise I was done another 3 so that is 13 pds in 2 weeks I must have stocked up enough water for a lifetime in this mushy body ...lol

Hope all are well!!
Old 04-08-2001, 11:23 AM   #17  

Default Is this for real?????

Hi, I am a newbie to LAWL. I have been on it since Mar 31. AS of today I have lost 11 pounds. In only 9 days I lost what would have taken me usually 6 weeks to lose ( and that was only if I did not yoyo getting nowhere ) I am just wondering is this for real or should I say safe? I have always heard contrary. Diet experts say losing too much more than 2 pounds a weeks is too fast and will reaccumalate back after you quit the weightloss. How many of you gals experience this much in such a short amount of time and how long did that great loss continue. Also what happened next ? Plateau's, less losses per week, or did more come back on just as quick? I am way too impressed. I guess I just don't trust a good thing....LOL Still going strong but how long???? ladybug
Old 04-08-2001, 07:30 PM   #18  

Hi Ladybug and congrats

Yes, it can happen, first off it depends on your starting weight and your eating habits before you began program - I have lost 10lbs in 3 days on take off (not this time, this time I lost 7) and have been back on program for 2 weeks and have lost 13 pounds so far. For me I know it is a lot of water (despite the counselor telling me no) also going from eating 3000 to 4000 calories a day and now eating between 1200 -1800. You will level off, shortly, and if you don't and continue to lose too much per week your counselors need to reevaluate which color program you are on . as for plateaus, every one's body is differant , I spent 4 weeks at 185 last time I was on program and then finally broke through and lost 4 pds that week - good luck with program and feel free to pm with any questions if you like

Have a good day all
Old 04-09-2001, 08:35 PM   #19  

I haven't been here in a while. I was waiting on the email that tells me there is a new post. I never got one. So I decided to check it out and, whoa, I have missed out on a lot.

The party was great. I stayed the same. I had a wedding this weekend. We'll see how that affected me. I really am becoming a believer in the strength training. It helps when you have events and you cheat. It has worked miracles with me. I wonder how much I would have lost without the slip ups. I will find out soon, when all these occasions are over with.

I don't think I am buying more weeks. I think I will try it on my own. How does stabilization work? I guess I start that this week.

Di- did you continue doing the program or did you do the stabilization? How much have you lost since you stopped the weight loss phase?

I will talk to you guys later,

I will check back instead of waiting on an email
Crystal
Old 04-10-2001, 09:21 AM   #20  

Hi, Ladies! I have been doing LAWL since Jan. 6, 2001 and have been doing great! I have lost 49 pounds. I am lucky it seems like I have a less strict center. I have been a little worried bcause I was told I could lose my 100 pounds in 33 weeks. So Far, I am on track but I am only half way there. I hope I can maintain my goal after losing so fast. With my program I have 1 year of after the 6 week maintance so maybe I can keep it off. I am thinking positive but a lot of poeple say over 3 pounds a week is too fast. The manager we have lost her weight this quickly and it has been years for her. I was wondering if any of you are losing that quickly. I seem to be rare at my center. Most are losing 1-2 lbs a week (at least what I ahve been told).

I have visited your group before when I joined LAWL. This is my first time posting here but I do post in another club. I thought it would help me coming here since all of you are following the same plan as I am.

Thanks for listening!

Have a good day!
Karen
Old 04-10-2001, 10:36 AM   #21  

Hi Karen,

Congrats on your weight loss that is fantastic! I have to tell you, when I first joined LAWL 2 years ago, they determined my weight loss on a 3lb per week basis, and I was losing more like 4 pds per week - I followed plan to the tee and was exercising - then I started working for the company and I screwed myself all up (talking about food with clients all day long really did a number on me, when I got home I would binge like crazy) anyway, when I rejoined they estimated my weight loss on 2 lbs per week and made me take some stupid PEP test (which, they charged me $50 for, did anyone else have that?) Anyway, back to my point, everybody loses at differant rates, I had a mother daugheter team, and they were both on the red plan, and the daughter was losing like 2 pds a week and her mom was losing 4.

As for keeping it off when you are through with program, the only advice I have (as someone who has yoyo'd her life away), is REMEMBER what you learn as you go along - with ANY weight loss program, you cannot resume old eating habits once you hit goal, you must modify your eating habits to mesh with your new eating lifestyle, sounds like you are in a good center and they will help you with that. Congrats again, you are quite an inspiriation!
(sorry if i sounded preachy, I just had a big discussion with a friend of mine , who had WLS and was trying to tell me that I should have that done and not "Waste" my money on joining program - so I am a litttle sensitive about the whole diet industry issue right now.

Hope everyone else is well

I weighed in last night and was up 2lbs, I was not upset because I could not go to the BR for the last 2 days, so of course the counselor (who had no idea, I worked for them previously) was telling me to try the EFA's and the tea, I told her no thanks I will stick to Miller's Bran and prunes...lol

We will see what tomorrow's weigh in brings. Stay well all
Old 04-10-2001, 01:04 PM   #22  

Default hi all

Hi all. It has been about a week or so since I've been here. My sister and family were visiting from NJ. She has two little ones, so between hers and mine the house was a three ring circus. My eating was a little out of control. It is Passover week, it is tough. I haven't weighed in in a week. I am going tomorrow. According to my scale, I am down 1/2 lb. I hope it is true. Even though my eating wasn't the best, I continued to exercise. So I guess it is helping. I read the whole thread about the LA weight loss disaster. I have given up on my rebate, I missed a weigh in or two, and definetly was not on program the entire time. I am not going to lose the rest of my weight in the prescribed time frame either. I don't know if I'll go right to stabilization or pay for some more weeks. We'll see. Honestly, I know the program is expensive, but it is working for me. I'm not ready to quit entirely!!!!! So I just may continue to pay and buy some more bars. I still have some left on account. I substituted some LUNA bars so I haven't used entirely 2 boxes a week. I think I'm done with buying the products though. They are too expensive and I love the LUNA bar.

I think my next goal is to get to take the extra time to get to goal weight so that I can do stabilization and maintenance. I never learned that on weight watchers and I think this time I really need to learn how to keep it off. Any thoughts anyone?

I hope everyone else is doing well talk to you all soon.
Old 04-10-2001, 04:24 PM   #23  
Spicy Chick

Default Hi

Hi everyone: glad to see everyone is dong fine.
Crystal I have lost only 5lbs while being on maintainance. But I consider it my own type of maintainance I just weigh in at LAWL to keep myself accountable. plus I paid my money!!
I continue to work out and I can wear a pair of low rider boot cut jeans now!!, (hipsters are what they used to be called when I was growing up--I feel so awesome when I have them on..
I have maintained my loss, I am still 5lbs away from my goal weight, it will come, I am at peace with what I have accomplished so far.
Di
Old 04-10-2001, 07:14 PM   #24  

I am thinking about joining LA weight loss the first
week after Easter. I was wondering honey55bun
how the center is in Owensboro? I work at the
hospital & alot of people that work there are on it &
seem to be doing fine. I have tried just about everything else. Hopefully, this will work for me.
Old 04-10-2001, 08:21 PM   #25  

I
bratty- I like it. I knew a girl who worked there before I joined and I got the low down. There are actually good counselors. I have been successful. Not as successful as the posters they have. I have lost almost 30 lbs since October. I have also did cardio and strength training. I decided to not buy the extra weeks and to do the stabilization and maintenance. I didnt want to pay anymore money. I graduated from Hancock Co. high school. Are you from hawesville?

DI- How long have you been on maintenance? I plan on trying to continue the weight loss at least until I get pregnant. Hopefully around July or August. It sounds like you have done great. I hope that I am as successful.

Mom- it sounds like you are getting back on track. I feel that is what moderation is. Being able to eat somethings, but then knowing when to get back on track. Keep up the good work.

karen- welcome here. Glad to hear you are doing so well.

Bela- I had to take some type of blood test and it was around 50 dollars I think.

I will talk to you guys later,

Crystal
Old 04-11-2001, 08:32 AM   #26  
Spicy Chick

Default Hi

Hi eveyone...I am glad everyone is doing well..

Bela: I never had a 'pep test"..I did have a blood test as Crystal did, I asked once about it but was told it took it least a month to get done, I was never givin the results. the price was included in the 300.00 I paid when I joined. . the pep test must be something else they have devised to get more money out of people.. You are doing good..you know what you have to do..

Crystal..time has gone by so fast, I believe I started maintainance at the end of Jan. . Congrats on your expected conception..of course I have always believed in not giving them more money for extra weight loss weeks, and since you want to conceive I think that would be a reason not to.If you continue to do light exercising while you are pregnant and watch your portion sizes you will do well. .... a healthy baby should be your first concern.

talk to ya'll later...Di
Old 04-11-2001, 09:34 AM   #27  

Did I miss something here? Crystal are you pregnant or planning on becoming pregnant? I thought they put your program on hold when you are pregnant. Either way it is good news. My girlfriend got pregnant the minute she got to goal weight. I guess that is better than before losing the weight. It would be better to stabilize for a few months before getting pregnant if possible. It seems that for me anyway, the weight comes back on right away, I will always need to "watch". That is why this time I fully intend to go through stabilization and maintenance. Something I've never learned to do on weight watchers.
Old 04-11-2001, 10:32 AM   #28  

I am not getting pregnant right now. But we are preparing to in the next 3 to 4 months. I really didn't want to get pregnant with all the extra weight. I am on stabilization now. I am not at my goal, but I don't want to pay extra either.

I know what you mean about it coming back. I have never went all the way through a program either, but I plan on weighing in until I have to stop due to pregnancy.

I hope everyone has a great day. Talk to you all later,
crystal
Old 04-11-2001, 08:05 PM   #29  

I weighed in today and was down. My total loss is now 41 1/2 lbs. I am very very pleased. I talked to the counselor today about not losing the weight in my prescribed weeks, she recommended buying 4 more weeks. My average is 1.7lbs a week, I have 4 more weeks on my contract and 16 1/2 more lbs to lose. I guess I will wait and see how much more I can lose in the 4 weeks. I am happy with my average weight loss. I can't be perfect all the time. The counselors at my center are very understanding. Not so understanding as to give me more weeks without paying, but honestly I didn't follow the plan 100% either. My two friends who joined are doing well too!!

Crystal: I think it is good you are on stabilization before getting pregnant. What is stabilization like?

Di: You lost 5lbs on stabilization, did you feel like you were learning the skills to maintain your weight, even as you were losing?

Bela: how are you doing?

Karen: Wow!!!! You are losing fast. Good for you. What is your weekly average? I am impressed. I guess stabilization and maintenance will be really important for you. Sometimes it takes a long time to make this new eating style a habit. So if you lose it too fast it may not be habit yet. You do sound really motivated though and that is half the battle.
Old 04-12-2001, 07:44 AM   #30  

Hi, everyone. I weighed in Yestersday and one more pound gone. I am at 50 pounds the half way point for me. I am thinking about not buying bars anymore. I have paid for 33 weeks to lose 100 pounds. I also have paid for 6 week + the year after that. I was wondering will I still get all those weeks if I reach my goal in time? I am spending about $110 a month on bars and I could really use the money for my 3 Year old. (We just found out his speech therapy isn't covered my our insurance) If I contine on my current average I should reach my goal early. Any suggestions?

Mom, I have lost an average of 3.5 pounds per week. It is fast and I do follow the program closely. I think it is because all foods were my weakness and when I gave all the junk up I haven't been craving it. I Have been on LAWL since Jan. 6, 2001.

Well, I better go now.

Karen
Closed Thread