Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2003, 04:48 PM   #46  

GAYLE!!, you naughty thang you!!!! hahahaha
Thanks on the house selling. It's funny, you think your house looks pretty good until you have to get ready for strangers to see it!

BTW Sherry, when is your class reunion? You ARE going, aren't you???????
Old 06-06-2003, 06:10 PM   #47  

OK ladies, my apologies for this "out in left field" post. I posted this on the loozing floozies board and somehow it ended up here!!!!! Please disregard, and once again, my apologies! Now if those cyber gremlins would just leave me alone!!! hahaha
Old 06-07-2003, 08:43 PM   #48  
Viva la vida loca!

S/C/G: 360/329/297 (second 10%)

Height: 5'6"

Default weekend!

Hi, y'all!

I'm not having any problems so far. hmm. to answer everyone's questions...

I'm not going to a center at the moment. I refused to pay $49 to "rejoin" when they wouldn't credit my weeks, so I'm not going that route. However, I do have a friend who is doing this with me and she's a real stickler for honesty! We weigh each other, so it stays on target. She's also been on the program awhile and knows it backwards and forwards!

I'm on the Red plan and using ZonePerfect bars (although Pria and Balance were the ones recommended). I'll try them too. The program isn't as difficult this time around, probably because I'm not peeved and aggravated as on the other two previous occasions! LOL

We're trying to move and I have two bad feet, so I got out of breath pretty easily from all the extra weight. Ugh. I feel like I'm drowning in all this fat. But -- I did remember that my office has two workout facilities -- I can get up earlier and go at least ride the bicycle, huh... ?

I may not be able to post again until Monday (getting the computer moved, etc.) but, believe me, "I'll be back..."

Have a fabulous weekend and thank you again for your welcome. I look forward to getting to know everyone!
Old 06-07-2003, 11:38 PM   #49  

Default Just joined LAWL...

Hello everyone,

After reading all of your posts off and on for awhile, I decided to bite the bullet and join.

LAWL put me on the Gold Plan. I'm currently doing the Gold Express plan for 4 days and then I guess I'll be on the Gold plan until I reach my goal.

Is anyone familiar with this plan?

I'm so excited that I can eat something other than meat and veggies tomorrow!

Thanks for the board.

skychick
Old 06-08-2003, 08:22 PM   #50  

Default Please, won't someone comment on this for me??:)

Hi again,

I'm just hoping someone can shed a little light on this plan that I've been put on.

If you would, please comment on it. I really do need to hear any advice.

I'm sort of lost on this.

Thank you.

skychick
Old 06-09-2003, 12:22 PM   #51  
Viva la vida loca!

S/C/G: 360/329/297 (second 10%)

Height: 5'6"

skychick, this thread seems to be a little slow on the weekends.

What exactly is your question? It's great that you've joined and I'm really enjoying my Red Plan. I would think questions should probably be directed to the counselors at your center, especially as you've just joined.

Regarding LA Weight Loss in general, I think it is a great idea.

Great to have you! Everyone else will be by pretty soon!
Old 06-09-2003, 12:39 PM   #52  

Skychick- WELCOME! I was on the Gold Plan at LAWL and it's a tough one. Sometimes I couldn't do it, if it gets tough you can always ask them to put you on a different plan. It's 3 fruit & veggies aday, 2 protiens and 2 starches. Sometimes I thought it wasn't enough food but my weight was flying off me.

Good luck.

Oh, i'm glad to announce that I lost 5# last week! I'm now in the 160's just barely but i'm hanging on!

Kathy
Old 06-09-2003, 03:11 PM   #53  

Good afternoon ladies!!

....and welcome skychick, it's great to have you on board! I think the gold menu is what we've all started out on but after the first 4/5 days, I believe you will go to the red plan which will give you more choices. I know I lost 6 1/2 lbs my first 4 days and I was excited. Mind you, you're eating the same thing but it's worth it when you get on the scale. Good luck and keep on posting. I know it has help me and I'm sure a lot more would say the same thing.

Kitkat-You're doing it girl!! to you--and don't worry about hanging on to the 160's, It's better to hang barely than not at all. You know we will take what we can get

Well, I didn't make it to LAWL like I had planned to but it was an OK eating weekend. I'm PMS'ing so I've had some horrible cravings this weekend but I'm determine to have a good day today and this week. I've even put up a sign telling me that I must eat something every 2 hours. It's been hard but so far today I've done it.

Anyway, I it's been a hard day here at work, why would I be surprise if it was any other way. Oh well, I should be use to it by now, today a different deadline was set and Friday's deadline still stands. What a job, I question God daily about my purpose for this job, I really just don't know but I would like to.

Until tomorrow, have a great day!
Old 06-09-2003, 08:58 PM   #54  

Default Thanks for the encouragement!

Kitkat, Waterbaby, and Kimnova,

Just reading your posts are encouraging. Thank you.

This Gold Plan is hard and today I'm hungry. I had a piece of a roll that I wasn't supposed to have. I hope that doesn't throw me off.

The hardest part is the daily journal. I have a hard time doing that.

I'll keep you posted.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

skychick
Old 06-10-2003, 08:35 AM   #55  

Good morning ladies,

I've had a good workout this AM alone, not with the PT. I always know I'm going to get a good workout with him so I really have to push myself when I'm alone. I really stick with only cardio on the days I'm not with the PT.

It has been a week already already and it's only Tuesday! I feel like I'm spinning around here at work. The day started out wrong, the other person I work with usually does a daily upload but today he's coming in late and the database crashed on me during the process. Oh well, such as life.

skychick-It usually is hard the first week but hang in there, you'll be so pleased that you did when you see the weight lost. I don't think that will hurt you to much but one think I've found out about LAWL, you must follow there plan, no deviations to see the results.

Tab-How are you doing today. Anything new on stabilization/maintenance?

Kitkat-You are really staying OP, that is a good thing. Keep up the good work!

Diane-How are things going with you?

Gina-Welcome back! No more MIA. There's only a few of us so we miss you when you're gone.

I'm so tired this morning, I haven't done a 5AM workout in a while but I want to start back so when my PT days are over I'll already be in the swing. That means early to bed for me.

I'll check back later, have a great day!
Old 06-10-2003, 09:44 AM   #56  

Good morning ladies....

Wow...is work every going to slow down. I think just about a month ago I was complaining that I didnt have enough to do. Well let me tell you I got plenty to do now. Also...I got my promotion at work...Just found that out....so that is one less stress that I have....

Wow...it sounds like everyone is doing great...losing those pounds and inches. Well as of Saturday I had been on stabilization for 4 weeks and I have only gained 8oz in the 4 week period...but I have started lifting a little more weights so when I was measured I lost 2 inches overall. So that is good news. I have to tell you Week 5 of stablization is wonderful. You to add more startch choices...and they are excellent choices...I can have cupcakes and cookies and ice cream....all my favorite things...of course I have to remember to have them in moderation...OK...for a person like me who loves sweets that is hard. But so far soooo good....I am hanging in there. Trying not to lose weight is weird...never had to do this. I tell you this is another mind set. I kinda still eat the same but I tend to splurge a little more....and of course I still work out like a manic...but I have always done that.

Kim....I know what you mean about work...I am working from home tomorrow and I honestly think I will get more done because no one can stop by my desk....that will be a big help. And then I am off on Thursday...so i get a little break. 5am work out...I was still in bed....I am not a morning workout person...I am the lunch time evening....but you know your body will adjust. Keep up the work with the trainer. You mentioned losing weight in the chest area....well I would be happy to be my full "C" again. I think I lost all my chest...I am in barely a "B". But I guess everyone loses in different areas. Keep up the good work. And I love reading all your posts...even though I am not posting as much...I am trying.

Skychick....Welcome to the group. Yes the first couple of weeks is hard. But you will make it. As soon as you see the pounds coming off it will get easier and you will enjoy going to the center to get weight just to see how much you lose. How often do you weigh in at the center. When I was doing the weightloss phase of LAWL I weighed on Monday, Wed, and Saturday. Now that I am on stabilization I only weigh on Wed and Saturday. At frist I was nervous about only weight in twice a week but now I am used to it. I have one week of stabiliztion left and then I start maintenance and I will only weigh in one time a week. Kinda nervous about that. See I loved doing the journel...because I knew exactly what I had left to eat for the day...it kinda keeps me honest. Even though I did cheat. Keep us posted with your results....this is a great group of women...I couldn't have made it without them.

Kathy.....5lbs...that is totally awesome....I am sooooo happy for you. If I knew how to do the smiley faces I would do 5 just for you. Way to go...that is awesome...and you will make it below 160! I know you will....keep up the good work. I think you asked if I ate the cake at the baby shower....well you know I did but it was a small piece...because....another sweet caught my attention. I have to tell you about this "cracker cookie" It is sooo good but soooo not on plan. You take caramel and pour in pan...then you take saltines crackers and lay them over top of the caramel....then you put chocolate bars over top of the saltines and then you crush pretezels and put them over the chocolate....then you bake...not for sure how long...I am still waiting for friend to email me the real receipe...and when they cool you break and serve....Let me tell you...it was heaven with the salt and the sugar...so the cake was not all that this weekend....but the shower went well. She gots lots of stuff for baby.

Well gotta run...I will try and check back later...Keep up the good work.
Old 06-10-2003, 04:55 PM   #57  

Default 2 down, 2 to go....

Well I'm on the 2nd day of the gold plan.

I still have these visions of Pizza, mexican food, Birthday cake, and now this cracker cooker thing that Tab mentioned...lol.

But, I am hanging in there. I feel like I'm going to start growing Fins (Tuna) or shedding Feathers (chicken) with having to not eat so much red meat.

This Fiber One cereal is tasting pretty good and so now at least these bars are something to look forward to.

Since some of you work out, do you think that I'll have better results if I start working out? I'm considering checking out "Curves". I don't know anyone that's tried them though.
I have been walking at least 4 times a week for 1 hour.

Thanks again.
I'll post again tomorrow.

skychick.
Old 06-11-2003, 11:23 AM   #58  

Hi everyone:
Kimbo I am sill with you, I struggle a little over the weekend, a problem with those chips. I find when I don't keep things structured I run into problems.
Wow Clarie I neve had a problem with missed weeks they always gave them back or did not take them away. They would rather give the weeks back instead of losing a client.
Skychick I also found the gold plan hard, I was just to hungry, thats when THey switched me to the blue plan. It will be a little easier when you are off the express you will have some more choices.
Tab congrats on the promotion. Are you almost done with stabilization weeks?
Gina how are you doing?
Diane
Old 06-11-2003, 12:02 PM   #59  

Tab-I want stabilization now or I really mean yesterday!! It sounds like you're having a great time, I'm jealous, in a good way. Can't wait till I reach that point but until then, I'll have to stick with the plan. Congrats on the promotion, hopefully things will slow down for you now. All I want to do is breath a little. I take a little time to go through this post during the day and that's about it. Anyway, that's enough complaining. I met with the PT this morning and had a great workout. I was able to do a couple of things I couldn't do when we first started but it was still brutal on the body, and the air condition is broke at the gym. The only thing you need to do is walk from the front to the back and you're sweating, they are crazy, it's one of the hotest days in this area today!!

skychick-hangin there girl, you'll love your results afterwards and the next plan won't be as hard. As a matter of fact, you'll think you've been given a hole lot more after that plan.

Diane-I struggle over the weekends to. I eat a little more than I should or I skip meals and then eat to much at other times. So starting on Monday, it was back to basics for me. I've been strick on myself since Monday and it's not been easy but determination has kicked in. I don't no were determination is on the weekends, I guess it needs a day off after I've leaned on it all week long.

Also, Tab, I need some of your energy, I want to go back to 2 workouts a day but with a needy husband it is so hard. Starting next month, I'm going back to the aerobic classes. My PT will end in July, so I need to get cracking on my own routine.

Well, I've said enough, I'll check back later on today.
Old 06-11-2003, 11:32 PM   #60  

Default Curves?

Do any of you work out with Lady Fitness America or Curves?

I've noticed two centers here and it's supposed to be fun with weights.

I go into the center tomorrow at 9am to see what I've lost.

I can't wait.

By the way, is anyone else over 40 like me? LOL.

Thanks.
skychick
P.S. Kim, your post at the bottom; "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me"!
is a great source of strength to me!
Closed Thread