3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Let's get back to chatting and supporting each other (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/273628-lets-get-back-chatting-supporting-each-other.html)

Shy16 06-07-2013 08:53 AM

The body is a strange thing. This whole weight loss journey has some interesting bumps and bends in the road...
It turns out that I ended up being even more busier during the day than I had originally thought. I ended up eating KD with DD2 (I brought her home for lunch) and then we ordered pizza for a school fundraiser for supper! Not exactly the kind of food one eats and hopes to lose weight. lol
What's funny is... I'm still on TOM and stepped on the scale anyways (It's such a habit) and I couldn't believe it. 139.0 lbs!!! What?????
Lol... don't look a gift horse in the mouth! I'll take it!

Of course, it won't last long... I'm off to the states for some shopping. The kids are really excited because it's been a while and I've promised! DD1 is going to look for shoes and a purse for her graduation. I need clothes. Yes. I finally have to break down and buy some new clothes... all the others (tops) are looking huge on me. It's such a sacrifice but I have to do it. lol

@Capricious; Yes.... I'm extremely proud of DD1. The art showing was spectacular! It was so nice to see the work framed... it really brought a whole new level to it. The type of work that was produced by this class was phenomenal. It turns out that you can get the #1 signed copy only if you purchase the framed one.
Most of the parents only bought the prints (#2 out of 50) and off they went.
I went around and admired many of the artistic expressions and stopped dead in my tracks at one that spoke to me. It was so profound and aesthetically pleasing (the theme/sponsor was from Art for Aids (Africa)). It captured something I just couldn't put into words.... I was lost in it...
Suddenly DD1's principal came over to me and said that I couldn't buy that one... that he is buying it for either himself or as a gift for the Superintendent of Schools. And he pointed out that he wanted the #1 print! I was a little confused until I looked at the signature and realized it was my daughters!
Wow. That's all I have to say.
I ended up buying #2 and #3 of that print and I also have a #1 (framed) of another piece that she did! She was the only one who had two pieces showing... the artist who guided them talked very fondly of my daughter's work and commented that there were only a handful of pieces that showed 'Africa' and my daughter had two of them.
Proud? Heck yeah!

A few of the parents also came around to tell me that my daughter is very talented. I was beaming!

Anyways... I'm off to shopping and I'll be back tomorrow afternoon.
I hope everyone has a successful weekend with your choices!
TTYL.....

Shy16 06-09-2013 10:05 AM

I'm back from our very successful shopping trip. We managed to get most things accomplished on our list!
Needless to say, the choice of food and the odd times we ate took its toll on my 139.0 lbs.... lol... I woke up today at 141.0!
It's so easy to gain the weight! But we all know that I haven't been trying and I'm enjoying my new found freedom to eat and do as i like!
I think that I have to start buckling down soon and keep my weight/eating habits in check.
I'll try this week but, I'm off to DH's aunt's house for a dinner party in the States next weekend... and I know all my efforts will vanish. Do I smell another shopping trip?

How is everyone else doing?

Shy16 06-10-2013 09:02 AM

Hmmm....
Still 141.0 lbs!
I did some gardening yesterday.... DH and I took out some dead trees and returned them to the store for credit. Afterwards, I mowed the lawn... front and back! That was my exercise!

Where is everyone?

Shy16 06-11-2013 10:00 PM

Still 141.0 lbs.
I had an extremely busy day and didn't get around to posting in the morning. I wanted to drop in quickly and say 'hi'.
Where is everyone? It's getting kinda lonely around here.

I hope you are all well and staying on track as best as you can.

Shy16 06-12-2013 09:43 AM

Still 141.0 lbs. My body seems to like this number.
I'm on maintenance and I'm not really trying...

I'm so busy... I'm lucky if I remember to eat! Seriously!

I spent the entire day doing errands. DD1 is graduating from Grade 8 and I've been trying to get the last minute things ready! There are also the last school concert, the last school choir (tomorrow) and the year end trip.... in less than a week. During this time they have to finish outstanding work (thank goodness she doesn't have any) and finish performances for teachers.
It's a crazy busy time of the year and this year is double crazy because I have two kids in this school and one is graduating!

Thankfully, DD2 is all done her schoolwork and there are no outstanding items to be completed.
DS just finished one last night and has to finish up something tonight... agh!
Then... he has something he will be working on at school. I think it's more for fun than the actual marks/requirements. I think the teacher is looking for something to bide their time as school winds down.

Shy16 06-13-2013 11:45 AM

141.5 lbs
lol. I went up 0.5 lbs.
I've got a busy day. I have to be at two schools for two different events and I'm hoping I can catch DD2 before I have to zip across town to see DS and DD1! It's DS's first concert there and DD1's last concert there.
Agh. Why is it all happening on the same day.

Shy16 06-18-2013 09:39 AM

Hey.... where is everybody?

I've been awol due to another shopping trip to the states and get togethers. I've been so busy getting DD1's grad dress, etc. ready for Monday. She has left this morning for a year end trip and will be back on Friday night. There's been too much shopping, packing and getting EVERYTHING ready for the right time!

Thankfully DD2 and DS are all done and are now enjoying school as everything is winding down.

I didn't weigh myself this morning (and yesterday) as I was up very early to make lunch for DD1's trip. They had to be at the school at 6:00am!
However, I have been hovering around the 141.0 - 142.0 mark.
I guess I'll know tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing fine.

Shy16 06-19-2013 08:58 AM

140.0 lbs!
I'm back to my goal weight..... don't even ask me how that happened :)
I feel good about it and consider this a 'gift'. I intend to start measuring and weighing my food again! This is the boost I needed.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Shy16 06-20-2013 09:31 AM

Still 140.0 lbs today.
I must admit, though, that I didn't weigh or measure my food yesterday. AND I actually had breaded chicken cutlet on a hamburger bun with french fries for supper!

Shy16 06-24-2013 10:43 AM

wow...still no one around.
I've been awol for a few days. I've been extremely busy but I can take a minute to update....
I've been eating a lot of take out and fast food for the last few days. Unfortunately this has taken it's toll on me. I gained two pounds and now I'm at 142.0.... 2.0 lbs over my goal.

DD1 is graduating tonight and we've been busy little bees getting things ready. There has also been potlucks and picnics for DD2 and DS. Not to mention the two birthday parties over the weekend....

It's been crazy busy and still is until the last day of school on Thursday.

barri1970 06-25-2013 07:09 AM

I was doing ideal protein for a while again... Now I'm back to LAWL. I want to lose 10-15 lbs... Hopefully it will come off quick!

Shy16 06-25-2013 10:50 AM

Hi Barri!
It's good to see someone around again... it was getting lonely....
Did you lose with the ideal protein? How much did you lose?
I'm glad you're back to LAWL... I feel that it's a fantastic program and it always gets me the results I want.

Today I weighed in at 140.0 lbs... I'm at goal weight again! However, it was not exactly a healthy way to lose 2.0 lbs overnight. I didn't really eat yesterday and, when I did, it wasn't exactly the healthiest of choices! There was a lot of stress and time crunch to get DD1 ready for her graduation!
It was crazy :)

barri1970 06-25-2013 11:33 AM

I did lose but it is SO restrictive and you eat so few calories that I was always lightheaded. I am going to start working out an hour a day too...hopefully it will come off quick! I would be happy at 150 so I dont have that far to go.

Shy16 06-28-2013 09:40 AM

Wow.
Can you hear it? It's the calm that has come over my house today. It's the first day of summer vacation and the kids are sleeping in. They deserve it. It's been a frantic race to the finish line and this year we had graduation and grad parties and final plays and final concerts and....... added to the mix!

But all's well that ends well.
It's a bittersweet moment. I'm not quite ready for DD1 to enter high school but her time has come. This experience has thickened my skin and will get me ready for next year when DD1 enters high school, DD2 graduates and DS continues to grow.
Wow.
... I just had to share my thoughts ...

So today is TOM and I didn't weigh myself. I usually do but this morning I literally rolled out of bed. I'm exhausted from the year end of school.

@Barri: The ideal protein plan doesn't sound too safe and healthy. IT's awful that you felt lightheaded most of the time. I don't think that's good for your blood sugar and your overall health!
I'm glad you're back to LAWL and, with the plans of working out, I believe that you are on the right path. So.... congratulations on coming back.

Hope everything is going well.
I'm back to regular posting.

Shy16 06-29-2013 11:00 AM

There is still peace in the house.... it is very calming and zen-like.

We were exhausted yesterday... I don't even know how dinner got made (lol) but I remember hitting the sofa and watching a movie with the kids and falling asleep soon after! I never fall asleep especially if the kids are still up and they need to go to sleep.. tuck them in, give them a snack.... But I couldn't function. I was gone and my body was quitting on me as i was making dinner! I just wanted to sit down and do nothing.
I'm not sure if it was because of TOM or because of the stress related to the school end. I think it was a combination of both.

I got to sleep in a little bit, enjoy a long and relaxing shower and now I'm having a cup of tea as I chat with you.

I was 141.5 on the scale this morning but it's also TOM so this weight might not be accurate. It's time to get the good stuff back into my body... I've been maintaining my weight but I haven't really been eating that healthy. There was too much going on and too much stress on our lives that we were eating fast foods and eating out a lot! It's time for me to get back to the basics and eat clean!

I hope everyone is doing well!