3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Let's get back to chatting and supporting each other (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/273628-lets-get-back-chatting-supporting-each-other.html)

Wendelina 05-14-2013 11:38 AM

Good Morning!
I wanted to mention.. if anyone is looking for a good substitute for the caramel LA Lite bars (which I used to love) a pretty similar item is the Fiber One Caramel Nut Protein bars. 130 cal, 180m sodium, 6g fat and 7g protein. These really helped me through my sweets and/or chocolate cravings. They're about $3 for a box of 6 I believe.

I get on the scale every day too - but I know I won't be able to post here every day.

Barri-I've never used the numbered system, so I don't know any better :-)

capricious 05-14-2013 07:54 PM

Hello All...
I agree Mother's Day calories don't count :D I'd preplanned that they weren't going to... and gave myself license to just go with the day... had brunch with my mom and drove 3 hours home and had my kids & husband take me for supper. It was a wonderful day!
I spent the weekend in Calgary which is 3 hours away. Did well staying on plan on Friday fell off a bit on Saturday and completely forgot it for Sunday, which was mother's day.
Went back to step class for the first time in forever last Thursday. Forgot to bring a bar/ snack for after and didn't end up eating until supper. This was a very big mistake. I was so so so so so so hungry that I ended up eating my greek salad, some of my husband's quesidilla and was still starving. This led to frozen yogurt and fruit & nuts. I have a lot more control when my body is fed directly after exercise. Especially strenuous exercise. But it had been so long since I'd done it I'd forgotten how hungry I can get if I don't eat after. Lesson remembered.
Anyway. Monday started the second TO. Finishing up my second day right now. It sure felt good to feel 'cleaned out' by the TO after a weekend of indulging.
I like the idea of a Wednesday Weigh In. But I'm still debating whether I want to make this about the scale or not. I have a tendency to get very focused on it. Maybe I'll start after TOM... it's coming...I think...

barri1970 05-15-2013 08:37 AM

OK...So I am up to 164 this morning! Time to get serious!

I am starting Blue plan today! I want to get down to 150 before the end of June!

I CAN DO THIS!!!

Shy16 05-15-2013 10:11 AM

@Capricious: I did some serious indulging on Mother's Day as well. And this continued for the next few days.
It's TOM right now...
I's been sooooooooooo cold around here that I found myself looking for comfort foods a lot.
The weather went so cold suddenly... I had to put the heat back on... there was frost in the air for three days. I was getting tired of covering my fruit trees!
Finally, it is starting to warm up today. We've gone from a high of 8 degrees yesterday to a high of 23 today. Can you believe it?

Also, I didn't drink any water during the last few days... I still can't believe it. I was drinking over 8 glasses a day last week and now I'm drinking zero. Strange.

So...
I've gone up in weight. But this may not be my true weight because it's TOM..
I weighed in at 141.5 lbs.

I'm going to be spending the day, on and off, cutting the grass and bagging it, doing the edging and getting rid of the few dandylions that have popped up now that's it's sunny. There was so much rain that the grass has grown very long. I have to do the upkeep while DH is away otherwise all my efforts from last week will be of no use.
Hopefully this will get me drinking water again...

@Barri: I'm glad that you have made a decision to go with the blue plan! Good luck. Don't worry... you will get to 150 lbs by the end of June.

capricious 05-15-2013 11:48 AM

Good Morning!
It is a beautiful day here as well @Shy... The wind seems to have finally died down a bit. I, too had to turn the heat on in the house it was simply too chilly not to.
@barri- @Shy is right... you can reach 150 by the end of June. Acceptance of where you're at and knowing how to get where you want to be is more than half the battle. Are you writing down everything you eat in a food journal? And congrats on being brave enough to face the scale! I think I'll join the Wednesday weigh in next Wednesday...
I have so much laundry to do. I have been procrastinating it because I've been under the weather the past couple days but today is the day! Thought I'd do my morning check in on here and then get to it...
@Shy- what do your kids typically like to eat? I know that there's lots my kids don't really like but I make them eat it anyway (fish is a primary example of this). I try to counterbalance it with something they do like (pasta). I make one vegetable side dish to round out the meal. Really much of what is on plan for us is what our kids should be eating. They may not like it but it is good for them. I just ordered a few LAWL cookbooks because then they work out the exchanges for me ;) Looking forward to trying out a few new recipes...
Have a great day all!

barri1970 05-15-2013 01:56 PM

So today is Wednesday...I thought we were all supposed to post our weight...I am the only one that did...LOL

capricious 05-15-2013 02:37 PM

@barri- @Shy posted hers... it was 141.5... and Wendy may chime in later on in the day...
I'm thinking if I do it (which I really am sitting on the fence about) I would like to wait until after TOM...

barri1970 05-15-2013 03:05 PM

I might commit to posting mine everyday just to keep me on track. It is so hard to stay motivated!

barri1970 05-16-2013 09:16 AM

So today I am still the same...164...still having trouble gettin 100% back on the wagon.

I am great during the day at work and then I go home and lose all control! I need some kind of accountability. I need to go and weigh in someplace.

Maybe I will try and do something with a friend...meet once a week and do a weigh in or something.

I could go to WW to weigh in but it is not very personal...nothing to MAKE me come in...no appointment to keep...no counselor waiting for me etc...

Shy16 05-16-2013 09:38 AM

Today I'm 141.0.
I must have lost weight by pushing that darn lawn mower. My grass was soooo long. I have two huge yard waste bags filled with the clippings! I spend two hours in the morning and took a break for lunch. Then I went back out for another two hours... I finally finished by 3pm. Just in time for DD2 to come home.
It was a crazy evening as well... I was picking and dropping my DS for track tryouts and then to his soccer practice!
He was exhausted this morning and could barely make it to school. lol

I didn't end up making supper... no time. I ended up making hot dogs and french fries! I even ended up eating two hot dogs with buns and fries! For dessert... later on.... we had angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream! Yay.. more starch!
But..... I ended up losing 0.5 lb!
Strange... but I'll take it.
It must be from the exercise and running around all day. Plus.. I had three glasses of water!

@Capricious: I hope that answers your question of what I feed my kids. lol!!!
No seriously, these days just happen once in a while and I have to have quick foods at hand.
Today I'm making a nice curried beef stew with potatoes and will be serving it over rice. I just need to think of a veggie as well.

I'm going to be doing laundry and ironing... I have a lot of catching up to do. At least the yard is done (somewhat) and I can focus on the inside again.
I don't know where this 'tornado' seems to come from that turns my house upside down when my attention is needed elsewhere??

@Barri: You have to look at it this way... at least you did not gain any weight... you are maintaining at 164! It takes a couple of days to get back into the groove of things. I believe that once you are truly committed and see the weight coming off, it will motivate you to stay on track and continue with the weight loss journey!
I hope you start seeing results soon so that you remain focused.
It's a good idea to get a friend involved if you feel that you need to weight in and be accountable to someone! Go for it.

capricious 05-16-2013 10:56 AM

I completely fell off the wagon last night. Took my girls to their zumba class and had a bit of my son's snack which led to a bit of my girls snack which led to... multitudes of other things that are not diet friendly and left me feeling sick by the end of the night. This is no way to treat myself as it is being unkind to myself to make myself ill with food. We went for supper as well... fast food... I had a salad but had ice cream after and a couple cookies and pieces of liquorice later. Just felt really yucky by the end of the night. Probably because I'd just finished the TO and my body was cleaned out and then I put a bunch of junk in it... Oh well today is a new day...
@Barri- I hear you about the one on one counselling... it does help...
@Shy congrats on the .5 loss!
Going to step class today. I will remember to bring a snack for after... but hopefully all those extra carbs from last night will be put to good use ;)

capricious 05-16-2013 10:59 AM

ps @Shy- my kids really like roasted asparagus wrapped in proscuitto... broccoli with cheese... raw carrots & cucumbers served with a yogurt dill dip... corn of any kind and surprisingly red & yellow peppers...

Wendelina 05-17-2013 02:22 PM

Didn't make it to log in the past 2 days.. work and life was crazy! I did weigh myself on Wed though, and I was down 2 lbs! It's the same today.. hoping to get under the 200# mark by the end of the weekend. I hate my weight starting with a 2.

Shy16 05-18-2013 07:51 PM

I just popped in quickly to say that I'm very busy with errands, formal parties and bbq. I've been in and out and I'm heading out for the rest of the weekend... out of town.
... It's the May two-four!!!!
But it's cool outside.. my gardening has to wait.. too many last minute invites.
I hope to be back in time for the fireworks my neighbour is going to put on. He just told me that he is going to do it on Sunday because of the chances of rain on Monday. I hope it doesn't rain and he does it on Monday!

Have a great weekend everyone!l
I'm not too concerned about my calories and I plan to enjoy myself (food wise) all weekend.
I'll worry about things when I get back.

capricious 05-21-2013 02:55 PM

Good Day All!
Well we are back from our long weekend at the cabin. We left Thursday evening and returned last night. It was wonderful. They had called for rain but it ended up being sunny all weekend- what a delightful surprise!
Thursday I was still way off track in the evening... TOM arrived and I was back on program- yay! Still have to figure a way not to let TOM derail me so heavily... but I am pleased with myself for having climbed back on the horse and staying on track over the long weekend.
All the walking really helped... it's so nice to be by water and enjoy the fresh air.
It is incredibly windy today, unfortunately, as I really don't like being outside and being blasted by it.
Ahh well.
Enjoyed my yogurt and berries this morning. I've run out of my LA Lites as my little ones find ways to get their hands on them and they disappear far more rapidly than they should. There is another order on the way but it seems to take a really long time to get it when I order thru the Costco site. Hopefully it will get here sometime this week as I'm supposed to do TO this coming Monday.
Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!