3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Let's get back to chatting and supporting each other (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/273628-lets-get-back-chatting-supporting-each-other.html)

Shy16 03-21-2013 10:27 AM

@Barri: Don't sweat it! These things happen and throw us off our kilter. The lesson to be learned is that you are still determined to lose the weight and are not giving into living with temptation. lol
Just stay focused and you will succeed.
I keep falling off the wagon too easily... and when i'm off, I sometimes find it hard to get back on 100%. It takes me a while.
Well... I'm back on. The last two days i've been on 80% and still managed to lose weight. I'm thrilled and this has kicked me back onto that wagon with full gusto.
I hope to achieve my goal before Easter. I'll be going to my Mom's house and there is always great food around. I'll be there for four days and I know I will jeopardize my efforts. I find it really hard to follow LAWL whenever I go away.

Anyways... I dropped half a pound overnight!

Current weight; 141.5
Goal weight: 140.0
1.5 lbs to go!

barri1970 03-21-2013 11:00 AM

Shy...you seem to lose overnight all the time! LOL Easter is just one day...just dont let it turn into a week or a month and you should be fine!

I have to stick 100% too! It is hard! Maybe I will go back to one of the old plans...they seem easier to me to follow...plus they had carb cravers and you could eat pizza and take a carb enter and it was considered 1 protein...LOL!

I want to try to get up in the morning before work and get my exercise in too!

Shy16 03-22-2013 09:50 AM

Barri... it's true. I do lose it overnight. That's how LAWL works for me and always had!
I have to weigh myself every morning so I am accountable for my actions from the day before. If I wasn't good, it would show up on the scale and, if I was good, I would either stay the same or lose a little.
BTW, my digital scale only weighs in increments of 0.5 lbs. So I may have lost more on a given day but my scale won't budge until I have lose a significant amount of weight.

I think you should definitely do the plan that is easier for you to follow. You already know it... it's embedded in your head somewhere. It's tricky to learn something new to what you already know, especially in the portion sizes.
Funny thing is I still refer to my booklet for the actual serving sizes. I don't know everything by heart.

Anywho.... today I maintained at 141.5 lbs. Maybe if I actually drink some water I may lose on the scale.... you think? I'm so bad when it comes to drinking water.

Shy16 03-23-2013 10:03 AM

March 23
I'm happy to report that I'm still 141.5 lbs. Actually, I'm grateful.
I know it would have been less this morning as I was very good all day yesterday but, I blew it by having pizza last night. I had a lot of pizza last night. It was so good. No regrets.

I'll just have to work harder today.

Shy16 03-24-2013 11:01 AM

Hmmm....
Still the same. I guess no loss is better than no gain!

Tracy, has your daughter left yet? How did you do with managing your food during the past week?

Barri, come on!!! You can do it! The first step is STARTING the plan. When you see the weight come off you'll be committed.

Shy16 03-25-2013 11:15 AM

I lost 0.5 lb! So now my ticker is accurate! I didn't change it because it was motivating me to get back there.
I'm surprised that I actually lost as I figured out that my 'no loss' was due to water retention.... yes.... it's TOM. I'm shocked that I actually lost. I NEVER do, in fact, I gain weight during this time. Strange.
Hey.... I'll take it.

Current:141.0
Goal: 140.0
1.0 lb to go

Shy16 03-26-2013 10:43 AM

Still 141.0 lbs. It's also TOM and I'm still shocked that I didn't gain any weight.
I'm trying to be really good. I'm craving certain foods(junk) and am trying really hard to resist the urge. Chips. Chocolate.
I may be overeating in other areas to compensate. I measured my food last night but went back about four times for a teaspoon worth. When you're dealing with rice it adds up to a lot!

How are you guys doing? Where are you?

TracyC 03-26-2013 11:25 AM

Hey, all is good. I ate more than usual last week but ran around a bit with my daughter so I think there was enough balance. I am back to healtier habits this week. I will weigh in on Saturday.

Shy16 03-27-2013 10:42 AM

I'm sure your weight will be just fine, Tracy. Maybe you balanced better than you thought? Good luck with your weigh in on Saturday!
I'm glad that you're back... I was starting to think I was the only one around here. I did state, in the beginning, that I will post daily. I need to be accountable.

Anyways... I really excited! I dropped 0.5 lbs overnight! I was truly shocked as I ate a huge plate of pasta last night. It's TOM and I was craving a nice plate of comfort food.
I was pleasantly surprised to see that I actually dropped weight! And during TOM! Double shocker. This never happens to me.
It was so refreshing to see a new number I haven't seen yet:

Current weight: 140.5 lbs
Goal weight; 140.0 lbs
0.5 lbs to go !!!!

**maybe I might just reach my goal before Good Friday?

Shy16 03-28-2013 09:53 AM

Still maintaining at 140.5 lbs! It feels great to finally see the number '140'. Even if I don't make my goal by tomorrow I still feel like I've won!
Unfortunately, the feeling won't last too long. I know I'll gain weight when I'm gone as my mom is a fantastic cook. Also, I just received another dinner invitation on the weekend.
Agh. It's going to be hard. OH well. I guess this is just part of my life....
I'll have to work really hard again to get back to where I am now and, hopefully, achieve my goal.

TracyC 03-29-2013 05:45 PM

Remember the old slogan from LAWL---Free to Live.

Life intervenes sometimes. You are obviously taking good care of yourself, Shy, so I'm sure your mom will understand if you eat a lot of salad and less of the starchy goodies. I'll bet she's proud of your progress and won't stand in your way.

Have fun!

Shy16 04-02-2013 12:15 PM

Thanks for the support, Tracy.... In fact, my whole family actually noticed my weight loss. I see them regularly and no one had noticed. Suddenly one member noticed and the rest said 'oh yeah! You look great!'
It was a nice feeling.
Well, I didn't deny myself any chocolate goodies or any yummy food. The result is that I went up again. I now weigh 142.5 lbs. Hmmm.....

I had originally given myself until mid-April to lose the weight and get to my goal. I may... MAY... just make it! lol
Oh the vicious cycle of losing weight.... or maintaining!

TracyC 04-03-2013 02:43 AM

Good for you that they commented on your appearance. We may tell ourselves that we are doing it for personal reasons, but it is always nice to have our hard work noticed!

Shy16 04-03-2013 09:59 AM

Thanks Tracy!
It did mean a lot. It makes me want to achieve my goal. Even though it's only a couple of pounds, there is satisfaction in accomplishing something.
I guess my body is not going to look any different with the loss of 2.5 lbs so, by appearance alone, I have reached my goal! I love the way the clothes are fitting on me and, most of all, I love the way I can just go into a store and pick out my size!

Tracy: How are you doing? Are you still on WW or are you following LAWL?

Shy16 04-05-2013 12:07 PM

Hey guys.... how is everything going? I hope that you are well on your way to achieving weight loss success!

I dropped 0.5 lbs and my new weight is 142.0 lbs..... I'm slowly getting there. I decided that the only way I will achieve my goal is just to get back on that bandwagon and do it!
Wow.... these last few pounds are a pain to get rid of. It seems that my body likes them and wants to hold on to the memories! lol.