Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2002, 04:59 PM   #31  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

S/C/G: 254/213/160

Height: 5'8

That's awesome Erin. Keep it up!!!
Old 11-13-2002, 08:46 PM   #32  

I am down 1.6 today, that has been pretty consistent for a mid week loss, but I seem to creep up .4 every Friday with no changes in plan.
I use the shakes and they are great in the morning when I am in a hurry. Any interesting lunch ideas, I am sick of tuna salad.
Old 11-13-2002, 11:47 PM   #33  

Post Hi

Hello!
Well, it looks like everyone is getting on track! I'm trying to also after all that Halloween candy! I should have just thrown it away but since it was my daughter's I figured I'd better not. But since I ate half the good stuff anyway I guess I should have!

I don't get a chance to post much but I love reading all the posts! Thanks for the inspiration to do better!

Good luck to you all and we can do it!

Take care,
Kris
Old 11-14-2002, 12:30 AM   #34  

Hi All,

Glad to see everyone is doing well. Congrats to all of you for the great weight loss this week.

I had my first official weigh in (first week) 3 days on the juice and 4 OP...I was very discouraged, stayed on plan, drank my water, but I have to admit, did not exercise as I was nursing the flu. Anyway, I only lost .5 pounds in one week!!!!!! OMG, I was so upset!!! I have always had trouble loosing weight, but they assured me that this diet will not FAIL me.

Well, today started another week for me, we'll see how that goes. I am glad I came in here tonight, I got the encouragement I need to go on.

Have a great Thursday~~~~~~Meg

P.S. does anyone here do the diet without the shakes, bars, soup, etc...??? I have not purchased any of them as of yet. I did sample the biscotti, courtesy of my center, they were great! But I think for me, they could be dangerous!!
Old 11-14-2002, 09:52 AM   #35  

Good Morning all,

I did great last night. I didn't cheat at all yesterday, i'm hoping for another successful day!

Erin- congrats on the weight loss!

Meg- I'm sorry you didn't loose as much as you were hoping for, perhaps, your body needs to be on a steady roll before it starts releasing weight? Mines is like that, drives me up the wall!

Meltin- Congrats on a successful week!

Gringa- How many muffins per serving?

Kathy
Old 11-14-2002, 10:00 AM   #36  

Ugh. I've been OP for 13 days now, and my weight has been fluctuating between 155 and 160 lbs the whole time. Today I weighed in at 156, so maybe I'm finally losing real weight.

Cheer - I'd love to join the challenge with you! I'm not so sure I can do it now though with all this yo-yo stuff. Maybe I should amend the goal to 152 or something. Ack. We'll see how the rest of this week goes I've also been really busy with school / work, so there hasn't been much time for exercise, but I'm going running today. I don't have a normal TOM since I'm on birth control injections, but I find I retain water like crazy around the time of the shots (right now).

I let my job sucker me into working on my day off today I feel like such a pushover. I'm always like that at work. I should've just said no! Now I have to postpone a date with one of my girlfriends I haven't seen in a month and a half! I wish losing weight meant gaining assertiveness.
Old 11-14-2002, 11:31 AM   #37  

Meg-
Dont get too frustrated....when I did the juice I never lose, but the next couple weeks after....I would lose a lot! Keep up the hard work, and you will lose.
Old 11-14-2002, 11:35 AM   #38  

Jibbelle- congrats on the weightloss. I made it down to 157# 1mth ago, but then back up I went! I hope you see 155# again real soon! ;-)

Kathy
Old 11-14-2002, 12:13 PM   #39  
JAG

I took yesterday off of work. I spent 2 hours in the gym (1 hour on the bike & 1 hour with my trainer) and did it ever feel good! Now I want to do that everyday. ;o)

Meltin - Lunch ideas...I make egg salad (eggs, mayo and celery) and either eat it on one piece of bread or with melba toast. I also got their vegaterian plan and sometimes have a veggie burger (1 protein). Usually I cook some kind of chicken and steam veggies the night before.

For the lite conversation, I have switched to 1 bar and 1 hot coco this week. I think I am going to stay with that. It saves a ton of carbs and gives you a lot more protein. I am kind of wishing I did not pay for all my lights at once. I have a feeling there a better protein bars out there on the market (nutrition wise).

I have adjusted my eating a lot since I started working out. Maybe because I am up so many hours in a day (wake up at 5:00 a.m. now) but I was feeling really hungry all the time. I know get most of my food in by lunch with the exception of 1 fruit (2:45 p.m.), 2 veggies (4:30 p.m. and one at dinner) and 1 protein (dinner) (Purple Plan).

Does everyones center give them problems about sodium? I get it all the time and do not understand it. I drink over 2 gallons of water a day so I am not really concerned about water retention. I fell that they let us have frozen meals that if I use a little bit of taco sauce on my chicken (190 mg of sodium) that it does not compare to the amout that I would get in frozen food.

I am losing weight with LAWL but now that I am working with a trainer and reading nutrition books, there are other ways that I want to adjust my diet. When I started working out, the center wanted to switch my from the Gold Plan to the Red Plan. I did a lot of reading and argued with them to put me on the Purple Plan. I am really determined and trying to work within the boundries of the diet but am finding it difficult from time to time.

Back to work for me.

Jen
Old 11-14-2002, 12:15 PM   #40  

HI Everyone,
I am a newbie, I just started on LAWL 10 days ago. I have lost about 6 lbs. I think. I was getting a little frustrated because I hadn't lost any weight since my 3 day express but finally this morning I was down 2 lbs. Although, I think that's more because I went to the Gym last night and walked for 30 minutes on the treadmill. Kathie, I'm thinking about trying the shakes also, I'm going to check the calories out when I go on Saturday. I think those bars are to high in calories for me. Although my center seems to push the bars not the shakes.
Old 11-14-2002, 01:46 PM   #41  

Thumbs down

Hi Everyone,
I am kinda a newbie to LAWL. I started 10 days ago. So far I have lost 6 lbs. I was getting very discouraged because I hadn't lost anything since the 3 day express but finally was down 2 lbs this morning. Although I think it had to do with going to the gym last night rather than the diet. I'm beginning to think those bars are a little to much. Of course they deny that. I was thinking of trying the shakes to see if I can lose a little better with them. I am really looking forward to some support. This diet is very difficult and I don't know anybody that is on it. I did this about 3 years ago and lost 23 lbs but of course gained most of it back again. I am thinking about buying the cookbook. Sounds like you all recommend it??
Denise
Old 11-14-2002, 02:14 PM   #42  

Hey everyone.

Well I am happy today, I was down 3 lbs this a.m.!!!! So I have lost 7 lbs since starting 11/2... Not too bad!

I don't get hung up on the sodium, they talk to me about it and I just nod my head. I mean, fat weight is fat weight, and the sodium is water weight, which is always going to be variable. I have been trying not to have so much salt, but.... it isn't salt that got me this fat, it is the potato chips....

Good luck today, I am doing ok so far......that biscotti and hot cocoa is helping so much at night, it is totally satisfying!
Old 11-14-2002, 03:08 PM   #43  

Hi all,

So far so good. I'm totally OP and it feels good!

WELCOME Denise to the group! We give each other a lot of support here. If it wasn't for this group, I woudn't have lasted on LAWL so long. Big Welcome! Also, congrats on the weightloss.

Pennie- the hot cocoa and biscotti are delicious! What a lifesavor they are.
Old 11-14-2002, 04:52 PM   #44  

Sad, sad day all. I didn't keep my sticky fingers out of the cookie jar today. I almost made it but I had 6cookies at work. I'm so pissed, but they did taste good. I feel like I'll never make it! Well, I know that 6cookies doesn't blow the whole day but I feel so awful!

Kathy
Old 11-14-2002, 08:46 PM   #45  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

S/C/G: 254/213/160

Height: 5'8

Hey guys,
Welcome Denise! This is a great group...

Now for my complaint, at my center today they told me that to purchase the materials for the Weekends Off program, I'd have to cough up around 50 dollars. THAT'S CRAZY!!! i don't remember anyone of here mentioning that you had to buy that material seperately. I refused to pay and just said I'd pass on the program. I'm really pissed though. It's the first time I've really felt like my center was gouging me. Anyway, I guess I'll just go without trying the weekends off plan. Was anyone else charged for the info???
Closed Thread