Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2002, 02:01 PM   #31  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

S/C/G: 254/213/160

Height: 5'8

Okay guys. I'm off on my vacation to Chicago. Wish me luck staying on program. Good luck to all of you.
Old 10-09-2002, 02:10 PM   #32  

Have fun Gringa and good luck staying on program.
Marcie: I know a friend of mine always plans her daughter birthday on that weekend and sometimes I do not want to go I would rather get away for the three days. But I usually go because she lets me know ahead of time. But then everyone would have extra time to recuperate from the wedding.
Diane
Old 10-09-2002, 04:27 PM   #33  

Kathy- Two pounds is awesome! Way to go!!!

Gringa- Good luck at staying OP. Hope you have a WONDERFUL vacation!

Diane- Decisions decisions.....I never realized how much work a wedding was!!! Good think you only have to do this once...well...hopefully anyway!
Old 10-09-2002, 11:58 PM   #34  

Post Hi I'm new!

Hello! I joined LAWL in August and am now 30 pounds lighter! I'm so happy with the way it's been going for me. My husband is doing it with me and he's also lost about 30 pounds. I'm just hoping the weight keeps going off like it has, I'm afraid of it slowing down too much and then me gaining weight again because I think it's not working. But I'm going to try to keep possitive about it! I've started going to a gym 3 times a week and I hope to keep that up too. I don't know if I'll get a chance to post much but I love reading all the posts!

Take care!
Old 10-10-2002, 08:30 AM   #35  

It sounds like you and your hubby are off to a great start Sirk...keep it up!!
Old 10-10-2002, 11:27 AM   #36  

Good Morning all!

I'm doing well, hanging in there. I feel like me making it down to 157# is all a dream. I feel like when I go for my weigh in tomorrow, that i'll be back up to 160 again, but of course good or bad news i'll let you all know.

Gringa, thanks, I can't believe I lost 2#, I don't even know what I did. Maybe i was dehydrated or something.

Sirk- WELCOME! Also, congrats on the 30#! I recently lost 27# and I know it's no easy task. And you even got your hubby to join? WTG!

Kathy
184/157.4/120 or 130
Old 10-10-2002, 07:04 PM   #37  

Gringa Gordita, What is the LA weight loss plan. I keep hearing about it but dont know what it is. Is it a diet center or what? I have been on WW for awhile and would like to find something to jump start my loss again. Any info you can give would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 10-11-2002, 11:19 AM   #38  

Good morning!

I weighed in today and managed to loose 2oz since Wed. lol I'm just happy i'm holding steady at this weight. My mini goal is 150, I can't believe that it's actually going to happen for me this time.

Jadcie- LAWL is a diet center. IMO, it gives you faster results than WW because your being monitored on a one-on-one basis rather than as a group. There are no prepacked food, but they do "highly" encourage you to purchase they bars they have as snacks, sought of like the WW bars but w/ more force. They teach you how to eat and lose weight and when your weightloss journey is over they put you on a stability plan to figure out how much you can eat to maintain your weight, then you go into maintenence, and then your done. It's not lifetime (not that I know of) like WW. Like all diets it does go stale after a while but for the most part it is a good program. Perhaps others here could give you more details. HTH.

Kathy
184/157.2/120 or 130
Old 10-11-2002, 01:29 PM   #39  

Hi ladies:
I have been behaving this week. I am looking foward to sticking to plan this weekend.
Sirk welcome! How do you like do the plan with your husband?
I don't know if I could do it my husband would probably lose faster than I.
Marcie decisions will come. I have been married only once, you were probably 8 or 9 when I got married 1983, I can't believe it sometimes.
Kathy: Thanks
Have a great weekend everyone.
Diane
04/06/01 201
10/11/02 154.2
goal 140 or 135
Old 10-12-2002, 09:53 AM   #40  

I weighed in last night and am down 2 more #. I am so excited. That puts me at 16 pounds all together in a little less than six weeks. This is a great plan. I have cheated some and still continue to lose. I may have a tough day today because I am spending all day at a womens seminar at my church, and my church believes if there is a function....there is food. I may have a touch time, but I'll take my LA Lite and see what happens
Old 10-13-2002, 09:11 AM   #41  

After about two weeks of trying, I finally got the damn scale to budge again. MAN! It seems like it gets harder to lose weight as I go on! I wish I could step up my exercise, but I really have no time these days. I really needed to see results. Maybe they'll keep me from cheating on this long weekend

good news: I stayed away from pizza, birthday cake, AND snickers ice cream pie yesterday. It was SO HARD.
Old 10-14-2002, 09:10 AM   #42  

I don't know how this happened, but somehow yesterday I lost another 2 pounds. I am finding that my loss is much harder these days, and that it'll come in spurts like this. It's not very good for morale, since I don't see a loss for almost 2 weeks before it happens, but I'll take it. So, this means I have to amend my Halloween goal, I guess We'll try for 150 by 10/31/02.

I didn't get my exercise in yesterday, but I window shopped at the mall hardcore for 5 hours in heels. Hmm. I like that kind of workout I discovered that I can squeeze myself into a size 8 now, but it doesn't look very attractive. As I mentioned before, I don't think I have ever worn a single-digit size as an adult. I noticed that, when I go to choose things to try on, I am so used to being large that I automatically choose sizes many times too big for myself. So, I spent a lot of time in the fitting room.

Didn't buy anything, since I (HOPEFULLY!!!!!) will be too small for it at the end of my weightloss. Money is tight I really need my money back from LAWL. It's the only thing keeping me going to the center these days. They've been really militant about selling their supplements, and I always say "no." $90 a month for ONE BOTTLE is just a little too steep for me. But they ask every time anyways

I hope everyone's having a good OP weekend, long weekend for some of us. Take care
Old 10-14-2002, 03:16 PM   #43  

Hey Ladies:
I finally made it through a full week without cheating. It had been about 3 months since I did that.
My center really had not been bothering me about buying anything thank goodness. Our center changed managers and the one who left really used to hound you when you went in.
Diane
04/06/01 201
10/14/01 152.8
goal 135-140
Old 10-14-2002, 03:31 PM   #44  

That is great Diane!! I know how tough it is to make it through an entire week! I had a great week also. I was up a pound at weigh in, but it is that TOM. So...I bet I am down next week.
Old 10-15-2002, 10:59 AM   #45  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

S/C/G: 254/213/160

Height: 5'8

Hey guys, just wanted to check in and let you know I'm back from Chicago. I had a great vacation and ate lots of things i shouldn't have, so I'm paying the price now. It's the two-day take-off for me....bleeechhh. good news is that I was actually down a pound when I went in for my weigh-in. I guess that take-off stuff really works.

Jadcie, sorry I missed your earlier post about LAWL. Kitkat's explanation was right on point though. LAWL is a very structured program where you have one on one face time with a counselor three times a week. The food plan is very similar to other exchange programs like weight watchers or the diabetic diet. For example, I'm on the red plan (which is the highest calorie) because I work out so much. So, on a typical day I am supposed to have 2.5 servings of lean protein, 3 starches, 4 veggies, 3 fruits, a fat and a dairy serving. In addition, i eat two LA lites per day. The lites are like little candy bars, but you can also get shakes or soups. it's more than enough food for me! Anyway, hope that helps with any questions you have.
Closed Thread