Old 10-07-2009, 09:17 PM   #1  

Default sweet potato recipe that will work for the fat smash AND the rest of the fam

so tonight i decided to make sweet potatoes. my chickens love them and so does my hubby. and they're good for you to boot! but i didn't have alot of time and i was really concerned about how long it would take to bake them off. so i decided to make mashed sweet potatoes. but then at the last minute, i googled roasted sweet potatoes. this led me to epicurious (usually my first choice. i'm not sure why i went to google) and a recipe for thyme roasted sweet potatoes.

well let me tell you that it was one of the best side dishes (and by far the easiest!) i have ever made! in fact, we're still eating them cold!!!

i used 5 sweet potatoes, about 6 cloves of garlic (i can't help myself!), didn't use the red pepper flakes and used fleur de sel (because i have it). oh! and i also used dried thyme, about 1 T.

DELISH!!!

Thyme-Roasted Sweet Potatoes Epicurious | November 2005

ingredients

4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch-thick rounds
3 tablespoons olive oil
4 large garlic cloves, minced
1/3 cup fresh thyme leaves, plus 6 thyme sprigs for garnish
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes

preparation

Preheat oven to 450°F. In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and toss. Arrange potato slices in single layer on heavyweight rimmed baking sheet or in 13x9-inch baking dish. Place on top rack of oven and roast until tender and slightly browned, about 40 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature, garnished with thyme sprigs.
raygunclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:59 PM   #2  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

I love sweet potatoes and I had them yesterday they were good I just hate cutting them lol this sounds good ill have to try it
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:59 AM   #3  

i know! you really have to put some muscle into it!
i put them in the microwave first for 5 minutes to soften them up. it worked ever so slightly. (c:
but i've got to tell you, they were friggin' delicious! i cook all the time and am always looking for new recipes. this i just kind of ran across looking for a quickie way to do sweet potatoes. i swear that i ate one cold out of the fridge this morning!!!
raygunclan is offline   Reply With Quote