3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Beck Diet For Life/Solution – September 2009 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/180698-beck-diet-life-solution-%96-september-2009-%96-support-discussion-buddy-coach.html)

RobinW 09-06-2009 10:46 PM

:wave:

food is off but planned off. Does that make sense?

Picked up "The End of Overeating" today. I need to figure out a way to get my dd to read parts of it.

Ive noticed since she is back to school and hanging out with her girlfriends....especially the "bigger" girls she is allowing herself to be pulled into the "sugar traps".

This is a tough one ....Im still working on how to handle it.

I need to focus on myself and get "everything" under control.

Ive been tossing around "again" going to OA. Working the Beck teachings and going to meetings might help. Either way Im still struggling with the addiction aspect of all this.

Ok... Im off to bed! I hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend!!!

Nuxmaga 09-06-2009 11:11 PM

Hi All,
11,000+ steps, credit. Tracked food, credit. Threw out half of the whoopie pie I impulsively bought at the check out counter--yay! Those things are a calorie bomb. Also impulse bought a chocolate bar, but held on and gave it to dh. Feeling stressed today, so I think it's coming out in treat foraging, but I did feel good when I minimized the damage.

Went to a fabulous Middle Eastern restaurant for dinner. Calories over for the day, but like maryblu said, if I keep tracking consistently, checking in here, doing my exercise, ditching snacks half eaten(usually I'm very black and white about this--if I bought it, I eat all of it), then I will keep losing weight.

Happy Labor Day!

onebyone 09-06-2009 11:38 PM

Sunday night

Good Evening Coaches

I had a pretty good food day. I ate food I cooked from scratch credit and have some left for tomorrow and probably the next day &/or for the freezer credit this is the beginning of planning so a credit for seeing this for what it is. I have abstained from eating this evening so a credit for that too. I have been eating really late and sometimes like right before bed, and it is always something salty so :doh: it doesn't take a genius to see why those morning weigh-in's continue to be in the 274-276 range. Nope. Oh credit for continuing to consistently weigh in once in the morning. This morning's result? 275.4. yesterday 274.6.

And while I do have another day off tomorrow, I also have a plan for the week. I will get my recreation centre pass on Tuesday after 4pm when the centre is open and begin swimming this week. I am not doing anything fancy just getting the bathing suit on, walking over to the pool, and swimming during adult swim time which if I remember it right is 8-8:45pm. I am usually hitting the hay by then but I can swim and then sleep like a rock. Water always does that to me anyway. I think I'll get the pass to the weight/fitness room too. I am back to wondering if we are going to move. (All decisions about moving including finding the extra $ for it and where we'd move to are up to me btw. I'm a little :mad: about this but oh well. If DH and I need to chat about this down the line so be it. For now it's not necessary. Sadly, neither he nor I have the $ to make any moves anyway right now.)

I've gone back to reading the End of Overeating book and some real lights are turning on for me. I just realized that my childhood eating patterns are HARDWIRED into my brain, hello? No wonder changing how I eat is so tough and no wonder I return to where I left off as I will of course return to well worn neural paths, acted out as my old habits. The rut is there, well-used, tried and true. I am not sure what happens when we re-wire the brain and create new neural pathways, do we eradicate the old ones or do we just add to the mix? Does anyone know the answer? Now it makes sense why the rule of thumb is 21 days make a habit. that's 21 days of new actions brought about by new thinking/actions = new neural pathways being forged. 21 days must be the time it takes to really burn them in. So not eating after 7pm has a better chance of becoming part of my ordinary life if I do it for at least 21days... it takes time grasshopper. Time. Don't eat sugar for 21 days. Exercise for 21 days &etc. You/me/we can't give up/give in after, say a day, or two or three.
And hence, the resistance muscle.
Every time we resist the neural pathway that's forming to correspond to this actionsupports us with a "yes this is the norm for me. I resist and don't give in to food X or situation Y or emotional trigger Z because it no longer feels right for me to do that" well that all happens cause we've made the neurological right of way within our minds to follow that path and not the other older one. I completely believe this. I do. At one time I had to fight fear and panic level anxiety on a daily basis. The actions I took were extremely difficult at one time and they took constant self-talk and practice and vigilance. now I rarely experience that kind or thing but when it crops up, I notice it and I do what makes it better not what makes it worse. CBT at its best. i suppose it's also the reason behind reading the cards so often, again to get it in our heads/brains. Consistency and repetition. it really is the key to this and to so much of life really.

Better go. I am fading but it's nice to have some light bulbs going off on this topic. It feels like it's taken a long time to start to feel a little hopeful again and to feel like I am ready to try again. I am.

:wave: Good night Becksters one and all.

BillBlueEyes 09-07-2009 06:39 AM

Monday - Labor Day

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Nano victory: I had already passed on a basket of store-cookies, CREDIT moi, when I was putting the basket away and had to dump two nice sized pieces. I just dumped them instead of eating them. BIG CREDIT moi, since I'm oddly drawn to cookie parts even when I'm resistant to whole cookies. In the same light, I noticed that when the ice cream truck drove by in the evening that I didn't feel the urge to go get ice cream. Now I haven't bought from an ice cream truck since childhood, but I've always been drawn. Thinking that all this CBT might be rewiring some of my networks like onebyone is suggesting.

Did gym on Sunday since it has short hours for Labor Day; CREDIT moi. Monday and Tuesday will be my two days of gym rest.

maryblu - Yay for "It's the consistency, stupid." Yep, need to post that on my fridge and bathroom mirror and computer desktop. Your enthusiasm makes me tingle - just love it. And thanks for the kind words. I do get mucho encouragement reading the posts of good folk in their battles.

Jean (kuhljeanie) - Hope you continue to heal; continuing to send supportive thoughts.

onebyone - Thanks for your thoughts on rewiring the neural pathways. I don't know what happens to the old ones. I easily remember how to ride a bike, but I easily forget how to reset the time on the microwave after a power outage. Some paths are more equal than others. Yay for feeling hope and Kudos for sticking to your plan to get the swimming and weight room passes tomorrow.

Robin (RobinW) - Ouch for the "sugar traps" and Ouch for the special pain of worrying about someone else. Perhaps if you marked a specific sidebar in The End of Overeating you could draw your DD in one page at at time. Sending supportive thoughts for getting "everything" under control.

Anne (wndranne) - Yay for a good day. Hope you're having weather as nice as we're having here on the east coast for the long weekend.

Erika (eusebius) - LOL at "weird crashing noises from downstairs" which, of course, is only slightly better than that startling realization that there's been utter quiet for too long. Kudos for zapping your munchies with "NO CHOICE."

Margaret (Nuxmaga) - Drooling over "fabulous Middle Eastern restaurant for dinner." Gotta love it when you eat well and stay on plan. Kudos for tossing the remainder of the whoopie pie and giving away the chocolate bar. Just amazing how that stuff can just jump into our hands for an impulse purchase.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - Kudos for two walks to balance two meals at the in-law's. Neat idea to give yourself a reasonably generous plan for such an occasion then keeping to it.

Readers -
Quote:

Get Ready: Lay the Groundwork

The time you put into getting ready will help you to:
. . .
• Reduce the frequency and intensity of cravings.
. . .

The Beck Diet Solution, pg 53.

eusebius 09-07-2009 08:17 AM

Morning Coaches -

Managed to get myself out of bed a bit earlier today - inching backwards for the start of the school year.
4 lbs gone this week - much of it water retention from the vacation, but still, 4. Getting closer to being back where I was. This is good. For some reason I was having a low blood sugar episode in the grocery store yesterday, but managed to make it through without buying junk. Credit. Back to cardio today.

wndranne - :wave: Hope you had a good day and survived ;)

gardenerjoy - well done keeping on plan at the inlaws! The crashing noises ended up being annoying, but not life-threatening :lol:

Robin - A tough one re: your daughter. My thinking is that you are providing her with a stellar example and that is the best thing you can do. I don't know your DD but I certainly remember not being real open to suggestions from my mom when I was a teenager ...

Nuxmaga - Fabulous job minimizing the stress eating!! Keep at it and it's going to happen for you, absoluely.

onebyone - Great job eating well yesterday! Your swimming plan sounds good too. Yep, consistency shapes our neural pathways - I've got to keep remembering that.

Bill - Kudos for dumping the cookie pieces and keeping up the gym! Interesting about the ice cream truck. Doesn't surprise me ... I think you have succeeded with your neural pathways in stellar fashion.

kuhljeanie - continued good thoughts to you for your healing process.

OK Coaches, not sure what's on the docket for today (other than the eating plan and cardio) but I hope it will be relaxing and fun. Happy Labour day, all!

cheers
Erika

onebyone 09-07-2009 10:10 AM

Happy Labour Day

Hi Coaches

Not sure what little character would go best to illustrate a Labour Day holiday. Perhaps this one :beach:. Fortunately our weather supports this icon yet again today.

Well in spite of today's weigh-in 277.8 :mad:which requires another adjustment of the "all time high" since I've been here posting on3FC I can say that seeing that number sent me into a panic and a downward spiral that I have now evened out from. Salt, salt, salt. Yesterday I had ham (salt) and made soup (chicken cubes from health food store but still salty stuff) and then ate a lot of fibre (beans, no sugar/salt granola in the morning) and so it takes time to clear your system. It may also be that I am at that halfway point of my month where I blow up like a big balloon anyway. I get fooled into thinking I am getting TOM and I don't. This is part of me being 45 it seems, (heading to 46 on the downward slide now:woops:).

oh well.

Today's plans include tracking my food and getting outside into the sun. Nothing more earth shattering than that.

eusebius Congrats on the 4lbs loss and for staying firm when feeling wiggly in the grocery store. Enjoy your cardio today.

BillBlueEyes Big Kudos for dumping the bits of cookies. I did the same yesterday (credit moi) with some fatty bits of a food that shall remain nameless. I was thrilled to see it go plop into the garbage can. A first for me with that food. I had forgotten until I read your post. Thanks.

Nuxmaga Yes you are right. Exactly right. Keep doing the things you are doing and changes happen. Credit to you for ditching one treat and giving another away and for entering grey area. Most things really aren't black or white, not if you're looking at the big picture.

RobinW I am finding that the End of Overeating book is unexpectedly giving me insight into my addictive behaviour around food. BIG BIG issues for me. Very old very deep for me. I went to an OA meeting a few weeks ago. It felt good. Have I been back? No. Will I go back? Maybe. I wish for you the same peace with this issue I wish for myself. :hug:

gardenerjoy Two positive Beckian behaviours were modeled for us by you 1) you made a plan and 2) you stuck to it ... oh and 3) you got some exercise too to help go with the modification to your plan. Awesomeness.

wndranne Hi! I like it when you check in. I hope things are coming together for you. as an aside, what's your desert look like this time of year? Are there signs of Fall in a desert environment... besides kids going back to school I mean? Just curious. I love the desert.

maryblu
Quote:

It's the consistency, stupid

Thank you.

Have a good Holiday Monday.

Kim in NH 09-07-2009 12:11 PM

Day 3

Officially on Day 3 - taking it slow still. The act of writing is therapeutic. Making the cards, checking things off, it seems so much more real to me than any other plan I’ve tried before. Just doing those things makes me feel I have accomplished something. This is the first time I have not skimmed through a book thinking “oh, I know all this stuff already”.
I almost did so this morning reading about sitting down to eat. I was thinking 'okay, this is easy, 3 meals sitting down, I already do this 95% of the time.' Then she mentioned snacks and I was stunned. I completely forgot snacks and of course most of my snacking is not sitting. I will continue to read and thoroughly explore every word of this book and not assume anything.

The scale showed a 5 pound loss this morning even in this ‘kind of testing out this new diet’ phase. I know that is the typical first week thing and that will not continue. Will still not start officially until day 15, but at least I have identified what parts of the diet are going to be hard for me to follow. However, it is a boost for me to know the energy I put into this will pay off. Will need another 5 pounds before I'm into new number territory, then I will get excited.

onebyone; Yes, that salt can be so bad. Luckily it doesn’t stay long and will flush out along with that water it holds. I envy you having access to a pool! I hate to sweat (heck who does) and swimming works for that. Hope that and the gym go well for you. Great insight on the 21 day habits, I’ve wondered about that too.

Eusebius; way to go on the 4 pounds!!!

Nuxmaga; Yeah (or whoopie!) for tossing that second half of the junk. I confess to biting into a Funny Bone recently, only to realize it tasted nothing like I remember as a kid. Tasted synthetic and waxy. Had a moment of thinking what do I do, then convinced myself it was NOT disgusting to spit it into the trash, so I did.

RobinW; So hard to watch your kids making choices you know are not good (I see it in mine too). Trying to figure out what to do is a good start.

Maryblu; thanks for the perspective of consistency as the winner. I need to remind myself of the obvious over and over again. And I can see by reading the archives that Bill is that proof …

BillBlueEyes; …and kudos to you for posting every day and being an example to those like me just starting out that it can be done.
To me, passing on cookie pieces is a bigger victory than the whole cookie. I’d easily eat way more that way than if I had just taken 1 cookie. Good for you.

Gardenerjoy; Way to go on the 2xwalking!

JenGM; Very late in this reply – but I used Microsoft Outlook calendar to set up 2 recurring “appointments”. It reminds me twice a day to read my ARC. So far, so good.

Sorry if I missed anyone.

Kim

onebyone 09-07-2009 07:46 PM

Bicycle

Hello Coaches

A few hours ago I finally took the garbage bag coverings off of that $15 garage sale bike I bought way back in the first week of May. DH and I walked it over to the gas station and put (free! gas station guy it was complimentary air and not the $1 price written on the air pump) air in the tires to see if they actually hold air. I put the wrench in my shoulder bag to adjust the seat if the tires inflated so I could see if I could ride the thing. I asked DH to show me how to use the air pump and how to know when it's full enough. "By feel," was the answer. There are no gauges or anything on it. So once it was full enough I walked it around the corner to try it out. The seat wouldn't come down so it was way too high for me but I hopped on anyway to see what would happen. DH reminded me it was like riding a bicycle afterall... So the front tire went way way down. 277lbs is a lot of weight even for a fat tire to carry. I just felt like crying seeing it go down so low. Is this even good to ride a bike where the tire goes so flat? DH thought maybe we needed more air in it? Anyway I rode for a minute or two, enough to realize that this bike is way bouncy. It has a giant spring under the seat and on the front shocks. There is no bar that follows down under the seat--it's open. It's really a trick riding bike or something. I actually love that but it'll take some practice to get a feel for it. I'm now thinking the next time I get a rental car I'll drop it off at the local high school where they tune bikes up for high school credits. I think it costs $30 but they give it a complete overhaul and this bike needs that. I think it deserves that as do I.

So why the attention to the bike now? Well even though walking over to the rec centre to swim is at most a 10 min walk, it'd be a 3 min ride. I know me. Any excuse not to go and dreading the walk to and from would be an excuse I would use. But riding would be fun, and fast.

CREDIT MOI for getting started with the bike.

Nuxmaga 09-07-2009 09:44 PM

Hi All,
14,000+ steps, credit. That should make up for Zumba!! I was disappointed to realize that my schedule this week has events on Wed and Fri, so no Zumba for me until Monday. But I did find a belly dancing class to register for--that's exciting! Tracked food, credit. Left food on the plate at the diner this morning--I asked for one egg scrambled, and they just poured a big ladle on the grill. It looked like 3 eggs! I mentioned it to the waitress, and she said it's just the egg fluffing up. Hah! I don't think it's fluff.

Onebyone--My therapist was just talking about neural pathways last week. He said that our new pathways are in addition to the old ones. We don't eradicate the old ones. This doesn't mean we can't change, just that the old learning wants to pop up on occasion. And by practicing new skills, we can do quite a bit of remodeling of our brain, which gives us the tools to disregard any remnants of the old pathways when they do reappear.

gardenerjoy 09-07-2009 10:59 PM

A quiet day that included some food prep to set up a good week -- watermelon sorbet for healthy desserts, a loaf of multigrain bread in the bread machine, and a pot of beans that DH made into vegetarian refritos. We had enchiladas tonight and he'll have his favorite snack all week.

WI: -0.15kgs (new low), Exercise: +50, 319/1200 minutes for September, Food: op

Nuxmaga: belly dance sounds like fun!

onebyone: I think you're really getting something here. Thanks for writing it out for us. Since I read the books in the opposite order from you, your perspective is really helping me. Good work with the bicycle!

BillBlueEyes: good job on the encounters with cookies and on planning your rest days around the gym schedule.

eusebius: congrats on the 4 pounds gone!

Kim in NH
: Love how you are working through the book. Snacks were a big deal for me, too. But it works and I find I really am enjoying even the snacks better when I sit down at the table and eat them. I also lost the first few pounds very quickly and then I went 11-days of circling around the same number, but I'm losing again now, so you are right to be cautiously optimistic and patient about this.

kuhljeanie: continuing to send healing thoughts and energies your way.

bennyhannahmama 09-08-2009 12:30 AM

Monday- Labor Day

Coaches/Buddies: Hello old friends, sorry I have not been around for so long. Hello new friends, I look forward to meeting you.
My life continues to be a rollercoaster ride as I am still in the process of my divorce, have met a wonderful man and started a relationship with him, am about to move in about a month, coming up on the 1 year anniversary of my brother's death, etc., etc.

Through all of this I have done quite well, but my weight has continued to creep back up (I think my lowest weight has been 122 and right at this very moment, weighing myself at night, with pj's on and about to start my period, I'm 130) and my self-esteem is starting to sink a bit.

So here I am, not letting things spin out of control and coming back to the tools I know work for me.

Oh and I just want to give myself credit for a couple of things:

Quit smoking 4 days ago (this was a habit I picked back up over the past 3 months or so) :broc:

I'm here :broc:

BillBlueEyes: I thank you for continuing to be here, sharing your struggles and triumphs, it helps to know that even though I've been away, some things have remained the same! Congratulations to you for your continued insight (the broken cookie thing is interesting, I might be in the same club.)

eusebius: I don't believe I've "met" you before. 4lbs is 4lbs- congratulations for that!

onebyone: Congratulations for still being here and plugging away! Oh and I'm 35 and have that same problem with the middle TOM (ovulation for me)-- sometimes I swear it's worse than PMS :( Good for you for setting yourself some basic realistic goals and I hope that worked well for you.
Huge kudos for all your work (emotionally and physically) getting out the bike, etc. That's awesome!

Kim in NH: Hello from another Kim :D I can relate a lot to what you said about this book being different than anything else you've read. I was amazed at how she so seems to get what I'm thinking. How many times she talks about not just skipping the exercises, but actually doing them, etc.
Congrats on the 5lbs, even if it's typical first week stuff! Also, so glad you found this group- it's incredible!

Nuxmaga: Yours is another new name to me, so nice to meet you!
Credit to you for the 14,000 steps- that's great (I'm usually pretty happy when I meet my 10,000 goal for the day and that's with working out) A couple of my co-workers take Zumba classes and one of these days I'm going to try it!
Very interesting info. about the neural pathways. I know I'm experiencing some of my "old" pathways rearing their ugly heads lately. I'm back here to give my new ones a boost.

gardenerjoy: Hello to another new name for me. So, I'm very curious as to how you make your watermelon sorbet. I've got a huge whole watermelon sitting on my counter that needs to be cut. Good for you for the food prep, that's so key! Oh and congratulations for the new low :)

BillBlueEyes 09-08-2009 05:51 AM

Tuesdy

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Spent the day in the sun walking about. Lots of ducks and shorebirds moving south for the winter to be admired. Two Peregrine Falcons kept a bunch of smaller birds feeling uneasy. A fine day in fine weather catching up with an old friend. CREDIT moi for being aware of enjoying Labor Day.

Cooked up a big batch of chili - half for lunches this week over broccoli slaw, half frozen for a future week; CREDIT moi. Had to ask DW for the chili recipe. Got the rolling eyeballs while she rummaged around and handed me her three favorites. Such fun; I simply chose the ingredients that I like best from all three. And welcomed the excuse to walk to the supermarket to get a jalapeno pepper, green bell pepper, and cilantro. She sniffed at my plan to use all red bell peppers since I buy them by the bag because they are too sweet for the proper taste of chili.

Jean (kuhljeanie) - I hope that the long weekend provided some quiet time for healing. Continue to send supportive thoughts.

onebyone - Yep, Kudos for dumping those bits of "nameless" in the bin. But Super Kudos for getting out the bike. My take is that you need more air in the tires - they can take a whole lot - a tire pressure gauge isn't expensive. Under inflated tires will flatten when anybody gets on, obviously the more weight the more squash. Just put in more air. Tire are too insignificant to be allowed to trigger negative body image stuff. Around here I've seem some very large people on bikes, particularly remembering one woman sitting tall looking very proud tooling down the bike path.

Erika (eusebius) - Yay for relaxing and fun on Labour Day. Yep, Kudos for skipping junk when the blood sugar is calling.

Kim (bennyhannamama) - Welcome back; good to hear from you again. Kudos that you have "done quite well" even as your life has rollercoaster'ed about. Yay for a new relationship. Sending warm thoughts for the anniversary of your brother's death.

And thanks for the kind words. It's so good to have you in the Broken Cookie Club - I thought I was the only weirdo who'd do that.

Margaret (Nuxmaga) - LOL that a mound of eggs is just "fluff." Kudos for leaving some on your plate; that's still a hard one for me. You remind me that I could practice that using Beck's exercise of serving myself more than I plan to eat at home where the food will be saved and I don't have the starving-children-in-Africa syndrome at work. Interesting that the brain creates new pathways instead of replacing old ones. Those little buggers remain lurking to pop up when we're not paying attention - perhaps the way very old stuff pops up in dreams.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - Kudos for the food prep; I, too, would like the recipe for watermelon sorbet. I miss buying the large watermelons my family would buy when there were always a bunch of kids around. Yay for all that food prep; neat thinking that we were both cooking up stuff for the week ahead at the same time.

Kim (Kim in NH) - Boy do I remember thinking, "okay, this is easy" then catching myself doing the opposite of what Beck is saying. Thanks for the reminder,
"I will continue to read and thoroughly explore every word of this book and not assume anything."

Readers -
Quote:

Get Ready: Lay the Groundwork

The time you put into getting ready will help you to:
. . .
• Remain motivated to follow your diet, even when you experience intense cravings.
. . .

The Beck Diet Solution, pg 53.

eusebius 09-08-2009 08:23 AM

Morning Coaches -

Was up very early today, but went straight to weights (credit!) Today is DD's first day of Grade 1 and we dropped her off in before-school care before 8 AM to get her used to it (normally I work out of town on Tuesdays, but it doesn't start until next week).

Yesterday was a very tough day emotionally. Big CREDIT - i had a couple of extra 2-point snacks during the afternoon, but I Did. Not. Binge. Instead I had a nap and listened to Pema Chödrön for a while - DH took DD to the park. I felt all peaceful, but then I realized that DH was at the end of his tether as DD had had a tantrum at the park. Everything just spiralled downward as DD continued to refuse to listen, etc. and DH got more & more upset. By 9 PM I was ready to go to the store for chips. I even headed as far as the shoe mat before I said to myself - No! I will not do this! It took a lot of positive self-talk, but I got through the night without eating any more.

onebyone - love the Labour Day icon. Good job using CBT techniques to deal with scale fluctuations. Salt, salt, salt ... Love the new avatar BTW. And yes big credit for getting going on the bike!!

Kim - Awesome statement about not assuming anything. I have been forcing myself to read every sentence carefully as well. Great job on your 5 lbs!!

Nuxmaga - Great job on steps and leaving eggs on the plate!

gardenerjoy - Nice work on the healthy food prep! (Homer Simpson voice:) Mmm... enchiladas ...

bennyhannahmama - Welcome back and great to meet you! Fabulous that you have quit smoking, and kudos for choosing such healthy ways to meet the ups & downs of your life right now.

Bill -Sounds like you really made the most of Labo(u)r Day. Kudos for getting the chili prepared for the week!

Well, now it's 8:20 and my workout is done, and DD is already at school! Unbelievable! I can actually have some quiet coffee & knitting time, wahoo! Happy Tuesday all.
cheers
Erika

bennyhannahmama 09-08-2009 09:41 AM

Tuesday- September 8th

Coaches/Buddies: It's amazing to me how right this all feels. Last night I wrote in my journal (haven't done that in a long time), this morning I woke up early, journaled some more, read my daily mediation books and just came back from a run in the rain (I forgot how much I enjoy running in the rain!) This all feels so good, I really want to keep at it!
So far today:

Weighed :broc:
Eating breakfast mindfully and slowly :broc:
Went for a run :broc:
Checked in here :broc:
Gave myself credit :broc:

BillBlueEyes: I love how aware you are and how you gave yourself credit for being aware of enjoying the day :D Chili yummm! Oh yeah, you're not alone in the Broken Cookie Club, but mine extends to crackers and sometimes chips :smug:

eusebius: Congratulations on not binging and all the positive self-talk that kept you from going to the store for the chips. You have inspired me, thank you!

Kim in NH 09-08-2009 09:17 PM

Coaches/Buddies:

Starting with Credits today; Exercised for 60 minutes - Set up a calorie counting program. I want to start off tracking and will decide later when I can stop based on progress.- Stayed on my pre-diet plan.

Tomorrow am labwork, mainly for cholesterol. Bringing breakfast, snack, lunch, and the bike with me for the river ride afterwards. Keep forgetting I have a gym membership, but will get back to that when the weather gets cold. These dry, cooler days are perfect for anything outdoors.

Bennyhannahmama; welcome back! And big congrats on giving up smoking :cp:

Eusebius; way to go on a really tough night. I remember well the “spiraling downward” when my boys were younger. Good for you staying strong, not giving in to the chip trip.

BillBlueEyes; nice that you took time to enjoy the day and got to see those falcons. I missed seeing a moose on our property when I didn’t join the boys for a blackberry picking walk. We are starting to hear the Barred owls here again at night – which I can enjoy if our beagle doesn’t join them. Chili sounds good – never thought of adding cilantro (not sure why, I add it to everything else) but will try that next time.

Gardenerjoy; How nice to get some food prepared for the week. Now that the weather is cooling off I’m looking forward to batch cooking. Watermelon sorbet…now I’d love to know how you make that, too.:T

Nuxmaga; Good for you not cleaning the generous egg plate, that’s a new one – fluffing up. I’m impressed with your daily steps – I was up to 10K before I messed up my ankle. I’m back down to 4-6K, but I’m still wearing the pedometer every day (habit now). Great that you can find alternatives while Zumba is unavailable.

OnebyOne; Hope you can get some more air into those tires and enjoy yourself on that bike. A few times out and it will not seem so awkward and bouncy. :bike:

Off to get things ready for the morning,

Kim