3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Beck Diet For Life/Solution – September 2009 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/180698-beck-diet-life-solution-%96-september-2009-%96-support-discussion-buddy-coach.html)

kuhljeanie 09-05-2009 09:27 AM

hey all,

thanks so much for your thoughts. lost the pregnancy last night. will take a few days to process and i apologize for not responding to the PMs, but i really, really appreciate them and thank you. we'll be all right, just very sad right now.

RobinW 09-05-2009 10:32 AM

kuhljeanie I'm so so sorry :hug:

ChinaMaine 09-05-2009 10:42 AM

jeanie -- I'm terribly sorry, please know that I'm thinking of you, your DH, and your entire family.:hug:

gardenerjoy 09-05-2009 10:52 AM

Jeanie, So sorry about the lost pregnancy. Take your time and take care of yourself.

Kim in NH 09-05-2009 10:58 AM

Kuhljeanie, I am sorry to hear that. Take time to heal and be with your family.

Kim

BillBlueEyes 09-05-2009 12:17 PM

Jean (kuhljeanie) - So sorry to hear the news. Will continue to send supportive thoughts for your and your DH's recovery.

maryblu 09-05-2009 02:53 PM

So very sorry

Kuhljeanie, I am so very sorry for your loss. We are all with you in spirit.

Nuxmaga 09-05-2009 09:59 PM

Kuhljeanie--You and your family are in my thoughts.

gardenerjoy 09-05-2009 10:30 PM

My challenge today is what my doctor calls allergy malaise. It's not as bad as fatique and its primary feature is apathy. Unfortunately, "I don't care" is the absolute worst thought I can have around food. Fortunately, Beck has a response card for that. Although, I had to rewrite it a bit. Eating is a real comfort during this malaise and I don't have much regret or guilt surrounding it -- before, during, or after. But the long term trend of weight gain does bother me and I'm pretty sure that I can't reverse the trend while still eating mindlessly during these episodes. So, I remembered that.

And I remembered that ChinaMaine used a novel for distraction recently, which helped me too. And I remembered that kuhljeanie said a few days ago that she might as well eat on plan when her mind was numb, and I found that even in my apathy, I could buy that argument. So, I stayed on plan. I didn't like it much, but I did it.

WI: +.15kgs, Exercise: +45, 209/1200 minutes for September, Food: op

JenGM: Congrats for staying with the program, even in the presence of nachos and quesadillas!

Walking Princess: Sounds like you're really making progress in thinking in the Beck way. I'm finding it takes a lot of practice! Good job on making the best of the Olive Garden meal and getting right back on plan the next day.

BillBlueEyes: I just discovered that I can do the plank from elbows instead of hands. I think that's going to help me work my way up to a real one. I never before saw a path from my current wimpy state to a plank.

ChinaMaine: Glad your shoulders are improving. I've also noticed a correlation in my life in exercising less and eating more. That can be a spiraling down process for me, so I'm glad to see that you've got a plan to keep a lid on it over the weekend and a commitment get back to more normal days next week.

eusebius: hope the family dinner goes well for you!

kuhljeanie: continuing to think of you! And sending warm and healing energies.

Walking Princess 09-06-2009 01:27 AM

Hi all,

First I want to start off by saying to Jeannie that I am so very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you are going through right now but you are in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

I'm going to be offline for a couple days. We are leaving tomorrow with Little Man for a couple days at Disneyland (we have the annual pass). We are celebrating our anniversary and enjoying the long weekend. I'll be back online on Tuesday. I'm taking my exercise clothes with me to work out at the hotel and have a plan for food. Let's hope everything goes according to plan!

Be back soon!

Kara

BillBlueEyes 09-06-2009 07:27 AM

Sunday of the long weekend

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Yikes!!! My supermarket had NO blueberries. Said that they usually get in 50 boxes but yesterday received only 4 and those where gone in the first hour. Went to another supermarket and found them selling the half-pints for $4 - too pricey for me. So, I ran to a little store near my house in the other direction and found a mere 5 pints remaining for $4 each. Grabbed four of them for a last week of blueberry orgy. They're from Nova Scotia which means the season is nearly over since there are no blueberries grown in the Arctic. I mourn.

Finally fixed the heating system problem that has plagued me; CREDIT moi for, say, arranging my environment. I'm greatly relieved. But food was OP and exercise OK; CREDIT moi. In the distant past I would have tried to eat my way through the stress of not knowing what the problem was.

Jean (kuhljeanie) - Continue to send healing thoughts. Glad that you recognize that the loss requires a grieving process.

ChinaMaine - Yay for a house full of guests on a weather-perfect Labor Day weekend. Congrats for finishing the dock and Kudos for mindfully making food choices at the fair. Good luck on the return trip with your nieces.

Erika (eusebius) - Yay for sleeping in. Congrats to your DD for not waking you up to ask if it's time for you to be awake yet, LOL. Hope diner with your folks went well.

Kara (Walking Princess) - Have a fun trip to Disneyland. Kudos for leaving with exercise clothes and a food plan.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - Kudos for working different strategies for sailing through the doldrums. And Congrats for finding a path to get to the plank form that you want. I've only done the plank from the elbows so I'll have to look up the hands version.

Readers -
Quote:

Get Ready: Lay the Groundwork

The time you put into getting ready will help you to:

• Talk back to your sabotaging thoughts.
. . .

The Beck Diet Solution, pg 53.

maryblu 09-06-2009 08:52 AM

Listen to you!

Gardenerjoy, listen to yourself! I just read your thought process about allergy malaise (will have to google that) and your Beckian response. ..and then your drawing on strategies from ChinaMaine and wisdom from Kuhljeanie...wow..I just read and smiled, and shook my head. That is so cool.

I think the thing we have to constantly keep reminding ourselves of is the traps that used to prevent our being able to control our weight. I always think the worst is that "all or nothing" mentality, but the other one that is almost as defeating is forgetting that:

It's the consistency, stupid

It is. It is just day after day, planning, doing, NO CHOICE. That is why BillBE is here reporting everyday. Even though at goal and maintaining for years, he is the most consistent of us all. When I hear what he has resisted, I think, wow......it sounded so good, it wouldn't have killed you......but, it does weaken the resistance muscle. It does. Consistency is why the maintainers post every day, and work so hard at maintaining.

It is the day after day ..just do it. When I lost the weight originally, it was 5 pounds a month, just from eating less. I never worried about it..or mourned for what I was missing..It was just day after day of not being full....being hungry every 3 hours or so.

As for the plank thing......I never even saw planks from the hand position! Even Dr. Oz does from elbows! If it's good enough for him that way......

Kuhljeanie, thinking of you and glad another day of healing has gone by.

eusebius 09-06-2009 09:19 AM

Morning Coaches -

Dinner with the family was OK. I did eat more than I normally would, but I set aside a boatload of points just in case, so I was OK. I had the munchies later in the evening, but told myself NO CHOICE - credit. Also did session #4 of cardio for the week - credit. Today is a rest day.

kuhljeanie - continuing to think of you and send good thoughts.

gardenerjoy - Wow, terrific work staying OP with the allergy malaise ... you are really getting this Beck thing down!!

Kara - Have a wonderful time at Disneyland! Great job making an exercise and food plan for going away!

Bill - I mourn with you at the loss of blueberry season. They do grow the darned things in South America ... not exactly locavore, alas.

maryblu - Oh yeah. It's the consistency, stupid. Routines and habits, and just reminding yourself of what needs to be done, day after day after day. As a musician you'd think I would have figured that out by now. ROFLMAO!!!

Ok, I hear weird crashing noises from downstairs, which means DD is up, and up to no good at that. ;) Enjoy your Sunday, all!

cheers
Erika

AnneWonders 09-06-2009 09:44 AM

Maryblu, thanks for those thoughts. I needed to hear them.

Today is going to be a good day. If it kills me. Metaphorically, of course.

Anne

gardenerjoy 09-06-2009 10:20 PM

Afternoon and supper at the in-laws. I gave myself a reasonably generous plan and then kept to it and I walked more than my plan because we walked, not once, but twice today!

WI: -0.05kgs, Exercise: +60, 269/1200 minutes for September, Food: op

Walking Princess: have fun at Disneyland!

BillBlueEyes: Good for you for not eating through the stress -- and giving yourself credit for that change in your life.

maryblu: Yes! Yes! Yes! Thanks for all of that. Consistency is the answer. I'm finding that posting here and reading other's posts are miraculously motivating.

eusebius: congrats on handling the family dinner well. I hope the crashing noises downstairs weren't as bad as they sounded!

wndranne: hope your day was good -- and didn't kill you :-)