Old 08-13-2009, 02:09 PM   #61  
LAWL Salt Police

Ok.. Have a question.. Been talking with a friend here about working out and, taking a cue from our discussions about post-workout eating, mentioned the importance of protein intake.

The catch is that she's a vegetarian and is decidedly NOT handy in the kitchen. So she needs quick and easy proteins..

Any thoughts?
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:10 PM   #62  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Well, since I am highly susceptible to shiny new things - I went and bought the Shred DVD. I'll be in pain with you all starting on Sunday (LOL - can't start before then, I have a big husband/wife golf tournament on Sat. and DH will kill me if I'm in pain!)

Amy - your DS sounds like a sweetie, AND he's obviously proud of his mom! Good work!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:30 PM   #63  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan2112 View Post
Ok.. Have a question.. Been talking with a friend here about working out and, taking a cue from our discussions about post-workout eating, mentioned the importance of protein intake.

The catch is that she's a vegetarian and is decidedly NOT handy in the kitchen. So she needs quick and easy proteins..

Any thoughts?
How about a banana or cheese strings. Those are both pretty high in protein. Yogurt would be good too but maybe not so handy to take to the gym.

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:38 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Dan - I know, I know!!! Nuts! I love nuts as a protein and if she wants something handier - she can get a bar with nuts!
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:55 PM   #65  
Amy

Hey guys!

I know I've been absent for a while, but it's been kind of crazy around here! We GOT the house!!! (For those of you not on Facebook!!) Kind of weird, we looked at it last Sunday, and knew on Tuesday of this week that it's ours! We close on September 17th.

Jillian- thanks for the props about the Shred. I kinda feel like a heel as I started this whole Shred craze and I gave up! You're our Shred inspiration! I may start it up again, I don't know. I am not in the mindset right now.

It's funny, when I was watching what I ate and working out, I was not losing, but I FELT GREAT! Now, I feel AWFUL. I am bloated (my wedding rings dont fit me and are irritating my finger) and just feel like garbage.

There are amillion excuses I keep telling myself.... I am excited to start LAWL again as I now have a great plan (thanks to AmyM and Jillian) but I can't buy and keep many veggies and fruits now. Since we're still living in the inlaws basement,we're using a smaller fridge. I mean SMALL, like between a small regular fridge and a college dorm size. And I need to keep it at a certain level to keep dairy and milk cold, but then all the veggies freeze! THere are crisper drawers, but NOTHING fits in them. Soon enough I will have a full size one and NO excuses!!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:35 PM   #66  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Congrat's on the house Amy!!! I am really excited for you!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:57 PM   #67  

Height: 5'6

Congrats on the house! So exciting! Once you're settled there I am sure you will be able to get back on track
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:54 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Amy, How exciting that you got the house!

Letty, I do have a few years on you! I haven't done the shred since I banged myself up on my bike about a week ago. My DH put the pedals with clips on one side and I didn't realize I was clipped in until it was too late to do anything but eat pavement..... but I'm pretty healed up from that now so I think I'll do it tonight. I just didn't think I could handle the pushups.

My DH planned an "epic hike" for our camping trip.. and it WAS. We did a warm up hike (3.4 miles up to the top of a mountain), and then dropped the car off at the trail head and rode our bikes 10 miles back to our campsite. Julie, I did get off and push the bike, but that was one massive killer hill... over a mile of straight uphill.. I actually only walked a little as I can power up most hills now. Then we took off the next morning and hiked up over a high mountain pass climbing close to 3000 feet elevation and ended up 13 and a half miles along back where we parked the truck. I'm still recovering... but I'm only a little sore after I sit for a while I stiffen up.

So anyway, great trip, beautiful scenery
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:27 AM   #69  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

alright peeps-- i was up at 445am getting my Shred on! day 26 done! only 4 more days to go! i think after i'm done with the Shred i'm gonna keep at it for awhile longer, doing more of the advanced moves. (but only working out 5 days a week instead of 7).
i've got a busy day today. running errands and trying to find something to wear to my brother's wedding that is next weekend. wish me luck..i haven't been shopping for anything in soooo long. (i bought some of those spanx things so i can at least have the illuision of a smooth body!) think i should wear them under my jeans so that way i'll know exactly how i'll look in the dress/outfit when i'm trying stuff on?

anyways...hope everyone has a good friday!

and amy--you'll get back to your workout habits/eating plan habits in no time! do what you can and don't beat yourself up about it! i'm here for ya girl, if you ever wanna talk..you've got my cell#---so text me already! it's my preferred method of communication ya know!

Last edited by JLem311; 08-14-2009 at 07:27 AM.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:35 AM   #70  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

here's a few recent pictures for those of you not on FB to see them:
here's a picture of Julia and Jagger in the new shirts my parents got them from their Sturgis trip.

and here's them "working out!"

baby X was playing on the floor and this is how we found her a few minutes later.

JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:09 AM   #71  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning / Happy Friday ALL!!!!

Jersey: Congrats on your house. I couldn't believe how happy that made me that you guys actually got it. It made my day.

Jillian: I am getting closer to being motivated to start that shred thing you have inspired everyone into. I may start looking for the DVD today. I don't want to rush into it though.

Congrats to all of you who have committed to starting the shred exercise plan.

I don't have much planned for the weekend. My youngest son started back to school this week and that has taken a hit on my finances. He is a Junior. My oldest one will start college in about a week. I can't imagine what that will do to my finances.

Have a great weekend all, If I don't post again until Monday. Oh wait, I have a tradeshow next week. I may not be around much. Thats going to be hard to be OP with no food. Anyway.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:10 AM   #72  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Jillian.......you are clearly a morning person. Me, not so much.......lol.
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:18 AM   #73  

Height: 5'6

Ugh, last time I saw 4:45 am I think I was still up, not getting up haha...then again I am a nighthawk. Way to go!

I was down another 1.2 lbs this week. Hoping for more but after that bad weekend (which left me UP 3 lbs) I should be happy I countered that gain and still ended up in minus territory!

Still got a ways to go for my Christmas goal though! Just keep telling myself I want to be excited to go dress shopping....and I don't want to end up crying cause I can't find anything that looks good
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:18 AM   #74  
Post-Master

DixieAmy........you are cracking me up about the Shred.........mine sat on my mantle for a least a week after I ordered it. The day I put it in.........I wasn't even feeling very committed......but practice makes perfect, and it is getting soooo much easier for me to do it each day. I haven't done yet today, but I am not a morning person, as I stated above.

And speaking of getting kids going back to school.....and going broke....I hear that. I have three in school this year.....and thee little one does have to start pre-school soon....but I have been putting that off cuz I just don't want to pay for it. I know that sound terrible, but since I do not work.....that extra bill each month is killer.....and I certainly don't want to have to start working just so my boy can go to preschool twice a week for 2 1/2 hours. anyway.......we now have on in highschool, one in middle school, one in elementary school, one is supposed to be in college, (don't get me started), and one that is supposed to be in preschool. ha ha ha.

Kim........shiny new things, huh? You crack me up. I can't wait to hear how you like the shred......

And Barbara........what do you think of the workout? I am curious to hear how those of you who have worked out more recently like it.

Ok, time to wake the 6 yo angel. I will check back with you all later
XOXO
Old 08-14-2009, 08:19 AM   #75  
Post-Master

Hi Kristin We must have been posting at the same time.