3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL Friends and Losers Thread July 13th- July 19th (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/176584-lawl-friends-losers-thread-july-13th-july-19th.html)

jewljz 07-16-2009 05:04 PM

Joan – I started a cleanse last week after you started talking about it, I have noticed a difference in my bloaty belly and have lost about 1.5 lbs, which puts me right back at my ticker… AGAIN. I’m starting week 2 of the cleanse today.

Amy – I agree with someone else that said your exercising is motivational! I see your updates on FB and here and you make it sound so fun to be active! I wish I had the time to do all that you do!

Nicole – you mentioned the cap guns, my boys got laser guns, we ordered them on Amazon.com and they have been entertained with them for WEEKS! Its awesome!

I feel as if I am holding on for dear life to the 130’s and that the 140’s are trying to drag me in! I have been working out regularly, twice a week with the trainer and then cardio several times a week. This week since the kids are with Grandma and Grandpa I am doing 2-a-day’s because I had promised different friends that I would workout with them. Its actually been really fun!

Angie - hang in there, sometimes we hold on to relationships that aren't good for us for way too long and then once its over we begin to see clearly and realize that you wouldn't want that for the rest of your life anyway... get happy with yourself and you will have so much more to offer someone when he comes along.

Oh, and on the swimsuit issue... its really hard for me to shop for a swimsuit, it takes forever and then I only buy one for the season... the other day my friend was telling me how she just goes to the store and picks up several bikini's for the season... its all in our minds, body image I guess, I need to just figure out how to get over that!!!

Dairy Fairy 07-16-2009 09:20 PM

Ok, I'm just gonna jump right back in here.

I have been on plan with my hubby for 4 days now. He has always been negative toward most diets I have done, but he likes LAWL because he says it helps me keep my boobs. He also sees that it is just good food in normal portions. I am so proud of him for trying this. Today he was in training for his job and they had a catered lunch of chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, broccoli, and salad. He had everything but the chicken fried steak. I was so proud of him for resisting that, because he loves it. He went to the kroger deli when training let out and got 2 rotisserie chicken legs. Was he POP? No, but he made great choices I don't know I could have made and let's face it...he is a man and he is gonna lose weight just thinking about eating healthier! ;)

I lost 3.5 lbs on unlimited takeoff, which I felt was low. My period started the next day, so mystery solved. I can't wait until it is over so I can weigh and see my progress. Looking over my notes from last time on LAWL, I lost 20 lbs in about 3 mos. I welcome that kind of success again. I am exercising now, so maybe I will *look* like I have lost even more than that because I will hopefully be a little more toned. It's not just about being skinny anymore...I want to not be DOUGHY. I am pasty white and very flabby in my arms/legs...I want to be firm and healthy. I will still be pasty, though.

Katie, thanks for asking about the kids. Eli starts school Aug 24. The twins are 2.5 now. They do drive you nuts, but they are too sweet when they ask for "kishes". Very loving kids. How is your brood?

It's great to see all your tickers being so close to goal or so far into your weight loss journey! I hope I will be right there with you in a few months!

Repo girl 07-16-2009 11:49 PM

Hi Mary! I'll bet Eli is excited to start school. My baby started kindergarten this year. It was a marathon having all 3 kids in school. I am especially feeling it this year, because I am trying to figure out how I will afford school clothes, supplies, fees, etc. They are getting expensive! Sounds like Eric did as well as he could have with a lunch like that. As for you, you will get there! Before you got pregnant you were doing so well! I know that you can make it happen again.

JLem311 07-17-2009 07:43 AM

morning all. i'm up early and trying to get a head start on my day. sipping some iced espresso with soymilk...before the baby and hubby wake up. :)

i have a big day ahead of me..i need to run errands and i have an appt today. i plan on exercising later today instead of in the morning like i normally do, because i want to get to get my errands done before my other appt today at 1030am. DD and DS will be gone all weekend to their cousins with former DH..and DD's bday is on monday! she will be 6yrs old. and we're having her party next weekend. so i've got lots of stuff to pick up and plan for.
anyways, i hope everyone has a good weekend.

ps..what's the cleanse that people are talking about?

Repo girl 07-17-2009 09:57 AM

Have a inspired day Jillian!

I did not get enough sleep last night, and really wish I could just get back in bed! The good news is, I only have 2 daycare kids today, and they will be gone by 2:00, so that is excellent.

Hoochie 07-17-2009 11:14 AM

Laurie- The cleanse that I bought is called Total Cleansing. I think it is a Canadian product from Vancouver. It is a 14 day cleanse. I have to drink i every night before going to bed and I think I have to take it on a fairly empty stomach which will be good for me because then I can't snack at night.
My girlfriend did it and she lost 2 pounds but she said her skin and hair felt so much better when she was finished.
This will be my first cleanse. I bought one once before called Wild Rose but it was very restrictive in what I ate so I gave it away. I knew I couldn't handle that one.
I am starting the cleanse the night I get back from vegas which will be Wednesday night. I will be spending a few days at our cabin after Vegas before I go to work so I figured that will be the best time for me to start so that my body can adjust before going back to work.
Last day of work today...woohoo

JLem311 07-17-2009 04:36 PM

i'd like to hear more about these cleanses, what they entail, what you need to buy, etc. if anyone is willing to share more or their experiences with them..i saw a product that is 7days (pills, i think) made by Hoodia. idk, just wondering what the benefits are.

amym--i'm totally addicted to the dailyplate website. :) it's definitely helping me see where my cal/fat/protein/sodium are coming from and what i can/need to cut from my daily intake (sodium-wise) that may aid in my weight loss...so a big THANKS to you for recommending that site! :) it's awesome!

i also picked up the 30 day shred dvd by Jillian Michaels. i'm gonna start it on monday and do it every other day, i think. i can't believe i bought it. i'm sooooo not a fan of her. so we'll see how it pans out for me.

anyways, my errands are done and i'm tired, but it's a bit too late for a nap. so i think i'll just sit back and relax a bit, since baby X is finally napping too. it's such a beautiful day here today, sunny, a bit too breezy and about 70 degrees out. i turned my a/c off and opened all the windows. it's lovely.

BarbaraB 07-17-2009 05:22 PM

Hi, The weight loss by hypnosis workshop was great. Some great guided visualizations that helped me to uncover what is holding me back and overcome some of my own negative mind sets. It is important to really analyze the negative limiting thoughts that hold us back and keep us from doing what our conscious mind says it wants. Also for me there was a great visualizaton of what will happen in 1 year, 5 years and 10 years if you don't make changes, and what will happen if you do... the high road and the low road.. and let me tell you the thought of just giving up and letting myself eat whatever and what that road brings... I literally cried I was so sad when I felt my knees ache and my feet hurt and how tired and dead I felt.. then on the high road to a healthier lifestyle, I felt so strong and alive. Anyway, I'm super motivated right now. I came to a better place regarding my fear of stepping on the scale last night, and although I don't think I will step on every day. I have to have a regular meeting with the machine that mocks me with its high numbers... So I got on today and discovered I was down another 2 pounds. So I was very happy with that. So I think Friday will be my weigh in day... as far away from those troublesome weekends as possible.

Jillian, Let us know how the daily shred is. Amy's description of crying has made me a bit hesitant to try ... I mean she is over 20 years younger than me and is crying it seems like it might be really bad news for me.

I went to the gym at lunch! I've not done that for awhile. I ran on the tread mill... did 5 mph for a bit... which interestingly made my tush hurt... apparently there is some muscle there that is not used on a spin bike... Then I went and lifted weights for a bit. oof... I've gotten weak.

Joan, Have a great vacation. I'm sure you are going to rock that black swim suit in Vegas.

jewljz 07-17-2009 05:59 PM

I'm doing the whole body cleanse. Its all pills for 14 days. I'm about 9 or 10 days in. The first few days I could really tell I was being "cleansed", not bad... I wasn't in the bathroom the whole time, but just more productive when I was there... ewwwwwww - I know it sounds gross. After a few days I really felt my stomach flatten out and I do feel as if my digestion system is working better. This cleanse also works on liver function, which I don't know how to tell if my liver is doing good or not... Anyway, it says to do it every quarter and I may try to stick to that. The way I see it, its like doing a take off every so often and since I've pretty much banned Take Off from my vocabulary because I just get too hungry, then I better do something else to reset my digestive system.

Barbara - I'm inspired by your positive outlook! I've been struggling ever since the center closed... right now I'm doing pretty good on convincing myself that I NEED to workout... I hope it lasts!

Repo girl 07-17-2009 07:54 PM

Barb- WOW! That sounds fantastic. It is so great to see you so motivated.

Kristinx 07-18-2009 08:20 PM

I've tried cleanses before and honestly...they made me so bloated and constipated that I was forced to use laxatives....kind of the opposite effect they are supposed to have! I have a bit of IBS though so that could be why. I always found when I drank green tea on a regular basis I felt the best and things worked the best for me, the bloating would disappear and I was more regular...not to mention way cheaper! Bout 4 cups of green tea with a squirt of lemon juice each day. Hmmm i really should get back into that...