3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL Friends and Losers Thread July 13th- July 19th (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/176584-lawl-friends-losers-thread-july-13th-july-19th.html)

Wendelina 07-14-2009 08:05 PM

Hi Katie - I remember you too! Nice ink! :-)

emmysmom 07-14-2009 09:28 PM

I remember you too, Wendy! Funny that we're all coming out of the woodwork, isn't it? :-)

JLem311 07-14-2009 10:40 PM

welcome back wendy and tina!

sweetandspicy 07-15-2009 10:33 AM

Hello to every one!! I hope today turns out to be a Wonderful Wednesday!!
I have eaten better this week and exercised everyday and I am going this afternoon to buy the 30 day shred. I think I am finally ready.
My 11 year old is going to Quarterback camp this week, he has aspirations to be the next Peyton Manning. I ofcourse am bias but he is pretty good for 11. This has also been recently affirmed by coaches. As in many parts of the US high school/college Football is a very very big deal and here where we live it is a huge deal. The university of Tennessee (where Manning went) always produces great NFL players and where My kids will go to Highschool the football team has been the state champs for like 7 years in a row and have not lost a game is 70 games. So it is a compliment for the Coach to tell you you throw well. He is simply on cloud 9. He told me last night when he makes it to the NFL he is going to say he owes it all to his Mom who stays outside with him snapping the ball because his mom doesn't throw well she has prepared him for anything.

Not sure if thats a compliment or not. Anyway he is my new exercise buddy so now I have absolutely no excuse not to exercise someway every night.

JerseyMadchen 07-15-2009 10:42 AM

Hey guys. Morning.

JLem311 07-15-2009 11:50 AM

morning all.

chiquita623 07-15-2009 12:39 PM

Amy - take deep breaths and let it out slowly. Keep repeating to yourself that this is just a bump in the road with both your mom and DH and things will work out.

You are just going to town on the workouts!! I am so impressed by that. Keep up the good work.

chiquita623 07-15-2009 12:46 PM

Good Morning/Afternoon everyone. Just checking in.

Having a somewhat stressful week. DD is moving this weekend with the kids (9yo and 1 yo) to Philadelphia. She got a job with the VA there. I saw them last night for a little while. I am trying not to be too emotional around her or the kids as I don't want to upset any of them. This is going to be hard enough on them. I am trying to be mindful of my eating but right now I find myself just eating stuff. Most of the time I'm not even hungry. Guess it's just something to do to keep myself busy. And I've already booked a trip to Philly to see DD and family in late September. I'm sure it will all work out. But on the bright side of things, I still have 3 grandkids in this area so that's a good thing. I'll plan some stuff with them before schol starts.

Anyway, sorry for the long post. Just needed to get it out there. Have a good afternoon everyone. I'll check back in later today.

Mama Nicole 07-15-2009 01:10 PM

aw, Lori, :hug:, I feel for you. It is hard to let them go, no matter how old they are.........

Wow, we have Joni, Tina, Wendy, Lori....and others.......it's like a blast from the past.

JerseyAmy........good luck with your Mom's appt. It is so scary to go through this kind of stuff, and how lucky is your mom that you will be there with her. As far as DH.....I know it seems like nothing could be worse with him right now.....but I assure you, it is mostly just the adjustment of living together. the first year of our marraige was really hard compared to the years that followed. Don't get me wrong......there were plenty of good times.....but just learning each other was a task. It seems like when you love someone it should be easy.....but I assure you, nothing worth having comes easy. Like Amy M. said......just try to ride it out.......you both will have to make adjustments along the way :)

Well, I still haven't started eating healthy. I am not sure why.

My boys bought cap guns yesterday at Walmart, and they are cracking me up. Who knew such a simple thing could keep two boys busy for two days? I love it.

Ok, have to run........I hope everyone is doing well, and Barbara.....how did the hypnotist go?
XOXO

Mama Nicole 07-15-2009 01:10 PM

ooops, Laurie :)

BarbaraB 07-15-2009 02:05 PM

Nicole, The hypnotist was interesting. I don't think I was actually hypnotized so much as just a relaxation technique used, but still I felt great about it. We talked a lot about where I felt I was at and what I wanted and the power of visualizing yourself where you want to be. I do think that just convincing yourself that you can do it is very powerful. We also talked about my reluctance to get on the scale, as that was pretty big in my denial that I was gaining quite so much. So this morning I got on the scale and I was down 4 pounds from just over 2 weeks ago, so I was pretty happy with that. So not only can I do this, but I am doing it. I go to a workshop tomorrow and then have another private session. I do think what I got out of LAWL and one of the reasons I was successful during that time was that I was getting a lot of positive feedback that I was doing great, and that I could and would stick with it. As soon as I got Debbie Downer a few times in a row, I stopped going.

Mama Nicole 07-15-2009 03:44 PM

Barbara......I went to a group hypnonsis workshop thingie ma jiggie years ago to help me quit smoking. It really worked for me, and I though I was NOT hypnotized, but i think sometimes we think the idea of hynotism means complete lack of consciousness. I was amazed because at the beginning of the session, they had everyone light a cigarette and hold it in their mouth, close their eyes, and go through the relaxation instructions. I completely forgot I had the smokie treat in my mouth, and when they told us to take a big drag off the cigarette, I started choking like I had never smoked a day in my life. Anyway......I think you are right about the relaxation and allowing yourself to absorb positive messages, and then to practice using them is what it is alll about. I did not stay quit that time, but I did use the tools they taught. The two big things I used to stop smoking were several deep realaxing breaths when I felt like I might cave, and repeating in my head, "I am tobacco free." I have thougth many times of applying this to WL, but I have been so noncommittal lately, that I feel it would be in jest. Good for you for finding a way to help get yourself on track. You should be very proud of yourself :) We sure are :)
XOXO

Hoochie 07-15-2009 04:25 PM

Barbara- Thanks for the advice on Vegas. Yes we will shop for sure. We are also staying at a Hotel with four pools so that will keep them occupied as well.
I am glad that things went well at the Hypmostist. I think it is just a relaxation thing. I really hope it encourages you. I really felt that LAWL gave me the tools to lose weight. I just sometimes throw them out the window, that's all. I know if I just would follow my food plan to perection, I would lose weight. I guess we are only human!
Katie- Yes I totally want to see the light show on Freemont Street. It sounds like a neat place to be.
Amy- Dont give up girl. You encourage me to exercise! When I see how active you are, it gets me going the right direction. Give it a little more time.
Jillian- Glad to see you around. I hope things are getting better for you. By the way, I love your new picture!
Nicole- My food plan hasn't been so hot either. I had a couple of really good days and then today I ate terrible. I am trying to drink a bunch on water this afternoon to make up for my bad eating this morning.
I have often thought of trying weight watchers but just haven't done it. Do any of you go to WW meetings?
Two more days til vacation time...yeah!

Joan

JLem311 07-15-2009 04:33 PM

barbara--the hypnotist sounds amazingly relaxing...i would love that. or a massage. i totally need that type of relaxation right now!

thanks joan, i really need to get my highlights touched up..it's been since march! yikes! thankfully, i have an appt on saturday. i keep thinking about ditching the blonde and going back to my natural reddish/brown color.

dawn78 07-15-2009 04:35 PM

Joan - I do the WW meetings. I'm not sure if they help or not, but I think the accountability helps me.