Old 07-13-2009, 11:07 PM   #16  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

So, I took the plunge and joined WW tonight....I was hoping that 3FC had an active WW thread, but they really don't....so.....I'm going to just post here to tell you all how GREAT I am doing....LOL!!!

The new program from WW is just enough for me to think it's something that will work...provided I start tracking and planning a lot better than I've been doing the last year....

I'll even update my ticker and for those old timers on this board, I embarrassed to say that my current weight is 25 lbs higher than my lowest weight I got when I did LAWL/3FC challenges!!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:10 AM   #17  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Good to see you Joni!

We got to eat peas and carrots for dinner out of our garden. Yay!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:49 AM   #18  
Lori

S/C/G: 227/179.5/140

Good morning everyone.Hope you are having a good morning so far.Yesterday was a little better.I cut back considerably on the starches.Though I did have a break down when my daughter made white chocolate raspberry brownies.It is soi hard staying on the diet when they are home.Hopefully my will power will be better today.I think I am going to do a TO next Monday.It is my daughters 16th birthday this Friday and we promised her Chinese food so hopefully I can find something semi friendly for supper.I think I will take the kids and the dogs to the park today and take a hike.Have a great day.
Clanori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:32 AM   #19  
Amy

Hey guys

Bad day here. I got on the scale and I am back up to 235. I don't get it! I have been exercising like crazy, drinking nothing but water, eatting OP.... I just want to give up. I am sooo depressed.

I am so tired of looking like this, I disgust myself. I don't know what to do. I try so hard, and get NOTHING.
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:37 AM   #20  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Joni - I also joined WW four and half weeks ago. In the first 3 weeks I was down 6 lbs. My brother got married last weekend so of course I'm up a little right now, but so far I'm happy with the new program. We leave for vacation on Saturday so that will also be a challenge. I'll be happy if I can maintain that week and then I'll have to crack the whip again when I get back. I just had to do something to get my weight moving again.
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:49 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Amy- I know how discouraging things can be and that you have been working so hard. Try to be patient it will all even out. When you exercise especially if you were not exercising regularly, your muscles tear and to repalce the tear tiny veins in the muscles retain water, once your body gets use to the exercise and you start to build up muscle, you will begin to loose. Muscle does not weigh more than fat, but muscle is more efficent at burning calories and is more compact within your body so if you are building muscle you can weigh more than you look. Now I got this information when I was researching about exercise so I am of course no expert just passing along info I hope helps.
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:16 PM   #22  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Amy M - great explanation....that also explains why they tell you to rest and recover the muscle groups between workout sessions! I wish I could say I was retaining 38 lbs of water...but I know better.

Dawn - good to see you....nice to see another WW out there....

Katie - yummy garden food....I watch you on FB....you've had a busy SUMMER!

Read through all my new WW material this morning....so far so good. I have to admit, I'm hungry, but it truly is a psychological thing and I'm not going to give in. "Filling Foods" are my friend..."Filling Foods" are my friend :-)

I'm craving gazpacho...how wierd is that.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 01:14 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Joni! Join the I regained the weight that I worked so hard to get off club. I hope WW is the key to getting your weight back to where you'd be more happy with it.

Katie, How fun to eat your own home grown produce. I gave up on gardening, I was just feeding the deer. Heck those deer are getting brazen.. they've eaten the pansies in a pot right next to my front door. I live in suburbia, I didn't expect to be plagued by deer.

Amy, don't be discouraged. The scale is initially very unkind to those who take up exercise. Something they just don't mention in that biggest loser show. I'm not sure how it is that those people manage to lose so quickly, as it is just freaky how fast they drop it all. I have been thinking about reading Jillian's book on metabolism that she just put out. Perhaps there are some clues in there about how to get our bodies to work with us instead of against us. In the meantime, give yourself a day off now and again to be sure that you are not overdoing it, and know that long term you are doing the right thing that will result in you being smaller (maybe not immediately lighter) and healthier and feeling better and more confident.

I have my hypnosis in a few hours.... I have decided if they can just help me to eat slower that it might be a great help. Since I tend to eat way too fast and consume way too many calories that way.

Last edited by BarbaraB; 07-14-2009 at 01:14 PM.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 01:54 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 220/165/120

Height: 5'6

Hi all
Looks like I am not the only one to have been away awhile but I am sure we are all happy to be back.
Its been a rough spring around here also but things are slowly coming together and I can concentrate on my needs once again . So its back to trying to get rid of the extra behind and still keep what little is on the front (always seems that is the first to go for me).
Just wanted to share a quick easy burger we made this weekend thats actually good for us !

TURKEY BURGERS
ground turkey
cumin. corriander, chopped onions and chili peppers (all to taste)
grill until most of the way done and top with a portabella(sp?) cap and a slice of cheese and finish cooking. Add tomato and slap on a lite bun.

Might be an old recipe but I had not seen it before and thought it was well worth sharing . Even my picky son loved it and he is like Mikey hates everything lol.
Well need to get off here . Everyone take care and I am praying for all out there who are having stress in thier lives. If we all keep throwing the ropes to each other to keep one another together this side of the tug of war rope with the stress monster never has to worry about getting pulled to far over the edge. Hang on tight and everything will get better !
LoisKent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 02:06 PM   #25  
Katie

Jillian- Wherefore art thou? I am calling you out!
Old 07-14-2009, 04:55 PM   #26  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everyone. Just checking in for now. Not much new with me today. Going bowling with my 9-1/2 yo grandson tonight and out for dinner I think. Other than that not much else is happening.

Good to see some of the "old" regulars back on the boards.

And Joni - I too have started doing WW. I've gained back 10 pounds and am desparately trying to find the right fit for me to get it off. I agree that the WW board here on 3FC doesn't move very quickly. But they do have some great recipes on them.

Well, I suppose I should get off here. Have a good night everyone.
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 05:53 PM   #27  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello all. sorry i've been MIA. i slept most of the day yesterday and haven't gotten online until now. thanks for the concerns..i'm here.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:16 PM   #28  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Well, good thing, Jillian Are things ok there?
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:32 PM   #29  
Wendy II

S/C/G: 206/201/160

Height: 5'4"

Default Hello!

Hello guys & dolls,

I'm popping in to say hello.. I used to post regularly here. Looks like a couple of you still do so! I recently lost my job and immediately packed on 15 lbs... time to get back on the wagon. Now I need to find my booklet back and hit it hard.

Have a great night ya'll!

~Wendelina
Wendelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:58 PM   #30  
Katie

Hey Wendy, I remember you!