3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Summer Slim Down #3 EXERCISE!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/174497-summer-slim-down-3-exercise.html)

Clanori 07-13-2009 08:57 AM

This looks like a great thread I would like to join in.I have been working out 3 times a week and need to add more in.I am trying to learn how to Hoola Hoop.I have heard it is fantastic for the waist.I'm not sure how many calories I burn when I do it but I work up a sweat.

M:Hoola Hooping 1 hour
T:
W:
TH:
F:
S:
S:
Good luck to everyone this week

JerseyMadchen 07-13-2009 09:35 AM

Welcome Lori!

JerseyMadchen 07-13-2009 09:36 AM

M: 30 Day Shred Jillian Michaels (Day #2)
T: Off
W: 30 Day Shred Jillian Michaels (Day #3)
R:
F:
S:
S:

sweetandspicy 07-16-2009 08:44 AM

M: 20 minute walk
T: 20 minute walk
W: 15 minutes cardio
R:20 min walk
F:off
S:30 day shred

cecil 07-20-2009 01:17 PM

Hi ladies! I thought I would join in here. I haven't been so great with the food thing lately. Plus I started some new medications so I don't know if it is that or just me. But working out hasn't been a problem, so I will focus on the positive!

Sun 20 min Run/Walk 10 min Swim
M 40 min Cardio
T 1 hour Boot Camp
W
R
F

sweetandspicy 07-20-2009 02:35 PM

M: 30 day shred
T: 30 day shred
W:30 day shred
R:30 day shred
F30 day shred

Cecil- glad you are back!!!

Here is to a great week!!!!

Kristinx 07-20-2009 03:08 PM

I really need to get some more exercise in but I dunno where to find the time! This is my day:
Get up at 6am to get ready for work
Drive almost an hour to work
Work till 5ish
Drive hour back home, usually picking up some dinner fixins on the way
Get home a little after 6 p.m., start supper
Supper between 7-8
then relaxing, then bed...

I know I have a couple options....Get up super early and work out...but that is NOT me. Work out as soon as getting home from work, however I am usually famished by then and need to eat for fear of passing out. Last option is in the evenings...do you think the workout is still effective after eating dinner? I heard it's a myth you should exercise on an empty stomach but I dunno about a full one?

sweetandspicy 07-21-2009 08:54 AM

Kristin- I was reading people magazine and they had an article on Kristi BRinkley who is in her 50's and looks fabulous. She said that she sometimes does not have time to work out so she modifies her routine at home. She does lunges as she cooks or walks down the hallway and she carries her arm weights in the car and tries to do arm exercises while stuck in traffic or in the car pool lane at school. Also look on line and they have exercise tips while you are working . I have tried some of them it is mainly some leg exercises under your desk. That might help too..

cecil 07-21-2009 12:20 PM

Kristin,

I hear ya on the time thing. I did not think I would be able to get up and get it done in the AM either, but I started this boot camp at my Gym on Tues and Thurs. 5:30 am to 6:30 am So I figured I may as well so it the other days of the week, and believe me I love it! Then you don't even have the chance to make up reasons why you can't do it because it is already done and for half of the time you are probably still asleep. HA! Try it out! Seriously. You may like it!

Kristinx 07-22-2009 10:21 AM

Even still...then I would have the question of eat before or after a workout. I do get low blood sugar and in the past when exercising in the mornings before eating I have blacked out, fainted, etc...so whether I exercise in the morning or evening do you think it's still effective if it's shortly after a meal?
I remember hearing Bob on the biggest loser say that the belief that exercising on an empty stomach is better is actually a myth but not sure what others have been saying on the topic

sweetandspicy 07-22-2009 12:15 PM

http://health.msn.com/fitness/articl...ntid=100146039

Kristin above is an article I read about eating before or after exercising. I found the article helpful as I hope you do as well. I exercise at night after dinner and the dishes, it is the only time I have.

Kristinx 07-22-2009 02:13 PM

Thanks Amy! Good article! I'm not doing anything major at this point. Just been walking about an hour after dinner for 45 minutes to an hour. Even if it isn't the optimal time going for that walk has got to be better than doing nothing right?

sweetandspicy 07-22-2009 02:42 PM

Kristin- I think any exercise anytime is great. You can read 5 articles and professionals or doctors all say different things in every article. I think we just have to figure out what works and do that.

sweetandspicy 07-27-2009 11:02 AM

M:30 day shred day 9
T:
W:
R:
F:
S:
S:

I did the 30 day Shred all last week and will be on level one 2 more days this week then move on to level 2. I only lost one pound last week, but it was TOM and I could have made better eating choices. I hope this week I do better and I will take my measurements at the end of the 30 days to see if it makes a difference.

KityCat 07-28-2009 11:18 AM

This is my 3rd attempt on this website. I need to do this I am miserable!!
I want to join in now and see how well I do. I CAN DO this!! That's what I tell myself, until it's time to eat and nothings planned. That's my biggest downfall. I have started bike riding with the kids, and parking further away in parking lots. I am trying to make baby steps to get motivated again, I have to say when I do log on here I at least maintain rather than gain, but USUALLY loose something. I need this is my life right now, even if I can only log in once or twice a day I need this again. I am at my highest weight ever!! my ticker is off I can't bring myself to update it. I am 185, I weighted this while being pregnant. My kids, 6 & 3 asked me the other day if I had a baby in my tummy. I wanted to sit down and cry. I eat out of bordom, not so much sweets I love salty foods. I am so miserable, I don't know what to do at this point, except take one day at a time and try to make the best of that day I can.

I would love to join all of you and try my best to see how much I am capable of loosing by August 18th!! I hoping a challenge will also help motivate me!
I have jillian 30 day shred, also an elliptical, I can only exercise about 3 times per week but that's better than nothing, as that's what I was doing.

Sorry for the long babbling, I'm just feeling stuck at a dead end. and needed to vent and get that out . :)