Old 06-05-2009, 03:48 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 180/174/120

Height: 5'0

I think it gets easier after you get into the routine of drinking water. I drink at least 74 oz a day. I have a desk job so it's easy. I have a plastic bottle that is 32 oz and has a straw. I fill it 2-3 times a day at work. Sometimes for chits and giggles I will add some lemon or lime juice to it.
Nigelswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:02 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

I keep a 23.7 oz bottle at work and another 23.7 oz bottle at home. Usually, I drink 2 bottles at work during the day and one bottle at home. On weekends, I drink 3 bottles (from the bottle at home).

This gives me at least 71 oz of water a day.

I do not add anything to my water and I am a chugger. :-)

It works very well for me.

Last edited by Cali Doll; 07-08-2009 at 04:42 PM.
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:15 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 320/319/225

Height: 6'

Default Crystal light is the way to go!

I agree crystal light is the way to go if you want something to taste. I'm fortunate enough at work(i work in a hot factory) that there are lots of water coolers around(although finding a cup now n then is a bit of a trick). i usually drink an 8 oz glass about every hour at work then a little when im at home. Stay away from soda and sugary drinks my wife has gained alot of weight from drinking pop shes trying to quit that addiction too. hope thaqt helps! Greg
neocytegb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:33 PM   #19  
Yoyo Master

S/C/G: 182/175/130

Height: 5'5"

It definitely gets easier with practice, though I sure hate going potty all the time

You know those 32 oz cups from QuikTrip, that's what I drink my water out of. I fill it with ice and water and sip away. A bit later I fill it up again and drink for awhile.

I've been working on 1.5 gallons a day. Yes, I know it's a lot, but I'm trying to keep swelling away, and it's working.
Alright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:51 PM   #20  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

I, like Megwini, bought a water bottle with a carabiner attached to the top and a cute design on it, and now I take it with me everywhere. I drink it throughout the day and usually have to refill it once. As stillclock said, I think the latest advice is that you don't have to drink the "recommended" amt; your body has a mechanism to tell you when you need to intake water and it's called thirst--so drink when you're thirsty!

If you just don't like the taste of water but don't like Crystal Light either, I would recommend trying out a metal water bottle like Kleen Kanteen. I find the water tastes better and colder and I really enjoy drinking out of it. And, you don't get the potentially harmful PBCs and polyphenols and whatever other harmful chemicals the plastic bottles can release when they degrade. (Nevermind that in another few years I'm sure we'll learn something shocking about drinking out of metal and it will be glass only from there on out.)

Edited to add that even though it may not be necessary to drink so much water, the extra five times I have to get up from my desk and walk to the bathroom probably helps some!

Last edited by forestroad; 07-08-2009 at 03:31 PM.
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:03 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 255/239/155

Height: 5'8"

I went out and bought one of those Pur water pitchers. I was actually excited that it had a way to flavor your water but I really don't like the taste of the flavors that come with it, so I just stuck with regular water. It also came with a water bottle that goes with me everywhere!

Yesterday I was at the mall and I got some food and did not have to share my husband's gigantic soda, I had my own water. Now I find myself craving it when I wake up in the morning so your body eventually starts to let you know.
Jadebatdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:48 PM   #22  

S/C/G: HW:254/CW:179.8/GW:130

Height: 5'3"

I only like to drink water if it's really cold. I have a 74 oz. jug (bought it at Wal-mart) that I fill up in the morning. I take it to work with me and keep it in the refrigerator. I just keep refilling a glass with it throughout the day. This way the water stays cold and when the day is done I have usually finished the whole jug.
alwe74 is offline   Reply With Quote