Old 07-13-2009, 12:06 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 144/140/125

Height: 5'4"

I want to weigh between 120-125 or 127. It all depends on how I look. Right now I am at 143. I was at 151 in November, then went down to 137 on Special K, then back up to 144 from February-now. I remember being 120 pounds or so in 7th grade and even then I was a bit chubby.
Ashley82290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:31 PM   #47  
NOT Aging Gracefully!

S/C/G: 223/ticker/126

Height: 5' 8"

LOL - a mix - and just revised it. Back when I was 25 or so I got down to 145. I looked good, but still needed to lose some. A fair amount actually. My goal weight with NutriSystem was 128 - and they agreed that given my small frame that was probably about right in spite of my height. So given that I'm over 40 now (how did THAT happen?), I figured about 135 now.

Then I joined this forum, and saw "Thighs Be Gone" - very inspirational! Not much younger than me, and very close to my height. And she's in the low 130's, shooting for 120's. Well - back to the 128.

Then I thought about it. 128 is too close to the 130. So I slipped down to 126 - that's far enough below the 130 mark to set 130 as a "panic button" weight for me when I go on maintenance.

But like everything - we'll see how it goes. I don't want to get too thin either. So if I look great at 134, or 144 (don't think this will happen), I'll stop there. And be glad I got done sooner!
jelder227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:39 PM   #48  
Robicle Nesticlermatus

I chose my goal weight based on BMI.
I want my BMI to be somewhere very close to 20 but if while I'm losing weight, I feel good and happy with how I look, then I may revise my goal.
Synesthetes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:27 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 172/161/140

Height: 5'7

I would go by BMI. I'm 5'7 and feel 135-140 would suit me best. But I also base a little bit of it on my sister since we are the exact same body shape, she's just the thin one. Do whatever makes you feel comfortable StringBean. People are gonna say 'you look great' but it's not til you believe it that it'll matter. Do what makes YOU happy, without going overboard. good luck ladies!
Pnut Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:23 PM   #50  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

The range in weights is funny, isn't it? I also noticed a huge range for people 5'6"... I have no doubt that a more athletic person, or bigger-boned person, could look great at my starting weight. BUT I have to say, I look *horrible* @ 152!!! Extremely big (pregnant-looking) belly, squeeeeeeeeezing into 10s and 12s and just an overall unattractive shape. A poster above said she carries her weight well and I am the opposite - gaining 15-20 lbs completely changed my body type and is really noticeable... but my sister, just an inch taller, gained 30 lbs and I couldn't even tell.

I had my body fat tested and the result was "poor" @ 34%. So that's a huge part of it - how much fat your body has and how large/small boned you are (I'm definitely on the small side).

I chose 130 as a weight where I might fit in all my clothes from a couple of years ago (also, I was around that weight when I got married and look pretty darn good in the photos). Anyway, I am excited to see where I end up and I'm not focusing on the number so much. Don't get me wrong - I love to see it go down! But it seems like I have less and less say about where my body wants to end up as I get older...

Best of luck!!
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:37 PM   #51  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

The lowest weight I've ever been at as an adult was around 220 pounds. I was still overweight of course, but felt absolutely fabulous there.

After looking at what my BMI could be and through what a few doctors have told me, I've settled on a goal weight of 150. I imagine that may change as I approach it, but with my height and build anything less might feel unrealistic for me.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote