Old 03-25-2009, 10:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Default Summer Slim Down

I am proposing a new Challenge: The Summer Slim Down
a challenge for any one who wants to loose or needs to loose

Try to loose 20 pounds in 8 weeks!!!

I began in Sunday. I did take off on sunday and monday and lost 2.6 pounds!!!

Here is my plan:

Takeoff or version of takeoff every two weeks.

The week following the takeoff cut back on my strach and dairy and do a meal replacement shake for lunch. In an attempt to keep my takeoff weight off as well as loose more weight.

The next week follow plan- no exceptions- then start over with takeoff

Exercise at least 5 days a week- try not to make excuses.

i would love for any one interested to join in with me as I need all the motivation and accountability I can get.

I will try to post daily and list my loss/gain as I have done below.

SW:230
CW:228
GW:210

Thanks to everyone for their support!!!
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:47 PM   #2  
Amy

Hey Amy!

I am in! I will start with my weight as of the last WI.

SW: 236.5
CW: 236.5
GW: 216.5
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:06 AM   #3  

Great!! I am so excited you are interested. I read your other post and I think switching up the lights is a great thing. I have never really cared that much about nutrition until recently. A co-worker's daughter is a nutritionist and I spoke with her before joining LAWL and she said it is a good program and when I stop LA to continue to eat off the plans and that would keep the weight off. She explained to me how watching what you eat is important but so is what food combinations and how much is equally important. I have been measuring and weighing everything and it really puts into perspective how much I really use to eat.

Also a tip she gave me was that Raw veggies are the best as it naturally uses more calories to break them down during digestion. She also suggested not eating the fruit or proteins last in meals to eat the veggies last as they help "things" move along quicker.

Good Luck on the takeoff!!
Old 03-26-2009, 10:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/120

Height: 5'1"

Smile Count Me In!

I was actually waiting for someone to start a Bunny Hop Challenge but this is good enough for me. I was going to wait till Easter to weigh myself but I will do it tommorow and post my stats. Wow! an 8 Week Slim Down Challenge. Can you let me know what the end date is. ~ Good Luck to all
kennedy5672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:48 AM   #5  

Lets see if we all technically start today the end date would be Thursday May 8th. just in time for Summer!! That should be some additional encouragement in that Summer clothes are typically more revealing and sometimes show that extra weight we were able to hide during the winter months.

Spring is considered the new beginning for everything from plants to animals. So we should think of it as a new beginning for ourselves. Just think of all the fresh fruits and veggies available and the warm weather perfect for walks...
Old 03-26-2009, 11:11 AM   #6  

I will also try to post some kind of tips daily these tips are for myself and I just thought I would share them with anyone interested..

Tips for Healthy Weight Loss your Way

Eating and drinking tips
  • Focus on fruits and veggies – The high water and fiber content in many fruits and vegetables make them ideal for healthy snacking and incorporation into meals. Add veggies to your favorite main courses (made from lean meats and whole grains) to make your dish “go” further. In addition, vitamins and nutrients in fruits and vegetables can help your overall health and vitality.
  • Upgrade your carbohydrates – Switch from simple to complex carbohydrates. This means eating fewer products like white bread and white rice and eating more whole grains such as whole wheat bread, whole grain brown rice, millet, quinoa and barley. They give you long-term energy, and have a high-fiber content so you feel full longer.
  • Experiment with protein. Protein keeps you full longer than carbohydrates, but most of us in the U.S. eat more animal protein than our bodies need. In addition, animal protein often comes with high amounts of fat. Figure out how much and what type of protein is the right amount for your body. Choose lean, high quality protein or vegetarian options like beans and nuts.
  • Drink more water. You can easily reduce your daily calorie intake by replacing soda, alcohol or coffee with water. Thirst can also be confused with hunger, so by drinking water, you may avoid consuming extra calories, plus it will help you break down food more easily.
  • Take a multivitamin. This will help you be sure that there are no nutrient gaps in your diet. But remember that it does not substitute for eating a healthy well balanced diet.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:35 AM   #7  

I have been researching some eating out options and I ran across this about burger resturants

The Big Burger Chains

Less Healthy choices
  1. Double-patty hamburger with cheese, mayo, special sauce, and bacon
  2. Fried chicken sandwich
  3. Fried fish sandwich
  4. Salad with toppings such as bacon, cheese, and ranch dressing
  5. Breakfast burrito with steak
  6. French fries
  7. Milkshake
  8. Chicken “nuggets” or tenders
  9. Adding cheese, extra mayo, and special sauces
Healthier choices
  1. Regular, single-patty hamburger without mayo or cheese
  2. Grilled chicken sandwich
  3. Veggie burger
  4. Garden salad with grilled chicken and low-fat dressing
  5. Egg on a muffin
  6. Baked potato or a side salad
  7. Yogurt parfait
  8. Grilled chicken strips
  9. Limiting cheese, mayo, and special sauces
Old 03-28-2009, 04:05 AM   #8  

I've been new here , this plan would be a new way to start my diet plans off

-Thanks Mate
alextiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:41 AM   #9  

Default Greetings

Sorry that I took so long to post my stats. I have been very busy lately and havn't had the time until today. I am so excited I weighed myself on the scale and it read 214 pounds which comes out to a 6 pound weightloss. I havn't started yet but I will this morning. I am in the process of going out to buy the Take-Off from Wallie World (Wal-Mart) lol. So here is my plan for the Summer Slim Down Challenge in addition to following "MommyofSix" plan.
  1. Start date: 03.28.09
  2. End Date: 05.20.09 - 8 weeks from your previous post and what I agreed to.
  3. Today's Weight: 214 pounds
  4. Goal Weight at 8 weeks: 194 pounds
  5. I will type in the forum very regularly and read all posts within this thread
  6. I will work hard on this challenge but only weigh myself twice throughout
  • Next weigh-in scheduled for 4/22 - half way mark
  • Last weigh in scheduled for 5/20 - end of eight week mark
Old 03-28-2009, 11:25 AM   #10  

Default Hello

I just got back from Walmart and bought the Take-Off Juice. I am in the process of boiling my 2 eggs. I am so happy because today we will be using the BBQ grill outside. So today will tie in beautifully with my all you can eat protein. We have chicken, chicken and more chicken.

I did have a quick question about the SlimDown Shake/Meal Replacement for lunch. How many days are we to do this for? Was it three? I am not sure I have done it before but I don't remember what they told me.

Thanks again and we will chat later on today.
Peace

Last edited by kennedy5672; 03-29-2009 at 05:30 PM.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:49 PM   #11  

Default Day 2 of Take Off

I had a ball yesterday. We took out the BBQ grill for the first time (not quite summer but what the heck). I ate so much chicken and raw green veggies it was great. I am pretty proud of myself because I jumped on the treadmill yesterday (pretty late 10:00 pm - but I didn't want to feel guilty for not exercising ... after I finished it wasn't so bad...I guess it is true the hardest part is starting something)... anyway let me focus. (lol) Today I also jumped on the treadmill as well I was going to go out for a walk but it was rainy.

I went to VitaminShoppe and bought some more Protein Bars and some Meal Replacement Shakes. I tried to get something closest to the LA Weightloss Slim Down Meal Replacement Shake but had a hard time. (It is quite challenging to find replacement products .... but I know they are out there) Anyway I ended up buying the following:

Met-Rx Protein Plus - RTD 51
High Protein Ready to Drink Shake
I bought VANILLA and COOKIES AND CREAM flavors:
Calories: 240
Calories from Fat: 10
Total Fat 1g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Trans Fat: 0g
Cholesterol 15mg
Sodium 120 mg
Potassium 180 mg
Total Carb: 6g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugars 2g
Protein 51g (I am not sure if this is too high)

This is the first time I am tryng this so I have no idea how it tastes. I had a hard time finding SlimFast because that is what I wanted to buy. I will chat later on with you guys. To find out how everything is going with you.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:02 PM   #12  

The meal replacement part of the week is suppose to be for 5 days. I did it and lost an additional 1/2 pound so that is a little more than 3 pounds in one week. i am with happy with that. I wish I could loose 3 a week for the next 8 weeks. Anyway..

the shake is very similar it does have more protein but less sugar than the LA slim down so I think you will be ok.
SW:230
CW:227.5
GW:210
Old 03-29-2009, 07:04 PM   #13  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by alextiggs View Post
I've been new here , this plan would be a new way to start my diet plans off

-Thanks Mate

Please join us in the summer slim down. i need all the support I can get...
Old 03-29-2009, 08:26 PM   #14  

Default Thanks "Mommyofsix"

Thanks "MommyofSix" for the information you posted on the other board regarding my question about the Slimdown Meal Replacement Shakes. I appreciate it. I am so excited about the challenge. Being part of the 4 Leaf Clover Challenge back in March made me stay on top of my game. I am hopeful that this challenge will assist me as well. I enjoy learning different ways to change up my eating pattern so thanks for sharing. Especially about leaving Veggies for last.

Also I am so happy that my friend let me borrow her scale until August. My scale was on the fritz (bought it for 5 bucks and had it for years). Her scale is pretty cool...digital, small and is actually a mini postage scale.

Last edited by kennedy5672; 03-29-2009 at 08:31 PM.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:37 PM   #15  

Default Accountability Planner

I am currently using a planner that I created in Microsoft Word in which I use to track my food, exercise, challenges and tempations. If you are interested in the form I will email it to you. Just send me a PM with your email.