Old 05-10-2009, 08:09 AM   #1  
Wants to be a loser!

S/C/G: 80kg/80kg/50kg

Height: 5' 1"

Question Which Diet?

There are so many diets out there and I don't know where to start, any suggestions? I wanna try and see which works for me. I need to start and I don't know how. TIA
Samy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/146/137

Height: 5'3"

Which diet? That depends on you. You need a diet you can live with day to day otherwise you'll be off it very quickly. I've tried many, but Weight Watchers works best for me. I love the meetings and the comraderie. I like and need the support of others. When I am off WW, like right now I need a change, I go to the cabbage soup diet. I can jump start my weight loss in a couple days. I like that quick gratification and it keeps me motivated. So I just lost 6 lbs. on the cabbage soup diet (Google it because it is easy to find) and will switch to WW because there are more food choices and it truly is a way of life. Remember, nothing tastes as good as thin feels. and that is the truth!
barb61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:03 AM   #3  
300+ Chick

Hello Samy ... Why diet??? Eat mindfully on when your tummy feels hungry and eat food that you like.

There are books and one of my favorite is Overcome Overeating by Jane H. Be your own fitness guru! You can do it and Good luck on your decision.
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

So many choices!

Why don't you try reading in the threads for specialty diets ... whole foods, atkins, south beach, calorie counters etc... and see what you think.

Or ... you could tell us what you like to eat, what's available to you ... and we could tweak from there.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:17 AM   #5  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

You need to get some info about the different diets and pick one suited to your lifestyle. No point trying a strict Atkins diet if you are a vegetarian at heart! Go to your library, research online, pick one and try it!
Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:00 PM   #6  
Ready for final round!

S/C/G: 217/189/168

Height: 5'3

I would have to agree diets only last so long. Than you basically go back to old eating habits. If you are serious about weight loss and being healthy you need a lifestyle change. Healthy "whole" foods-- which you can enjoy and know your body is also benefiting. Also know you wont lose weight the right way without being active. Your body needs excerise. Hope this is of some help.
HeatherEljohari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:27 PM   #7  
Let It Go

S/C/G: 230/228/160

Height: 5'8"

I'm not on a diet and I have lost over 40 pounds since Jan 1st, 2009. This is the first time in my life that I am able to easily drop weight and emotionally feel so good about it. When I would diet in the past I felt bad because I was on a diet and had to watch what I was eating, not eat too much and not eat the unhealthy foods. The diet never lasted very long.
I have been eating every 3 hours and the weight is coming off. I am happy and my cravings have stopped. I'm never hungry either. This is not a diet but rather an eating lifestyle that I will have to do the rest of my life. I hope you find something that works for you.
delafax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:31 PM   #8  

For me personally, South Beach Diet is the key.I am a carb addict.Eliminating bad carbs helps me control my portions and binge eating disorder.Weight loss is fast if you follow the plan.I need that for motivation.I have also had to realize that I need to stay on this for my life in order to be successful.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:55 PM   #9  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

You need to find what fits YOUR lifestyle. Read through the stickies on the different plans and see what fits.

I like calorie counting - free, can be done anywhere, totally flexible and is easy to do for the rest of my life
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:57 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Calorie counting works best for me and I have tried many others. It is OK to experiment until you find what is best for you.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:25 AM   #11  
Wants to be a loser!

Thanks for all the replies and the great advice, I will go through the threads and see what suits me best.
In the past I have done portion control which worked great for me, I have tried Atkins but hated it. You all are right, I hate dieting too, I think healthy eating is the way to go. I will look around but if I need help I will ask again. Thanks.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:42 AM   #12  
Wants to be a loser!

So I am going for portion control and more fruits and vegetables to my regular food. Lets see if this works.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:14 PM   #13  
Lil' Old Chick

S/C/G: 229/206/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm vegetarian and try to make healthy choices.
I also try to get some kind of exercise daily. The weight is slow to come off, however I feel so much better, and have tons more energy.
Me Too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:12 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 215/207/130

Height: 5"6

I wish there were some kind of diet chooser. LOL.
dundun1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:54 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 282/267/140

Height: 5'6"

I've tried Weight Watchers before, but I wasn't able to stick to it. I don't feel comfortable in a group setting so I did it online. Even though it was easy to follow, I never felt like updating the points to keep track of everything.

After some thought I decided to try the Fat Smash Diet. I read the book (even with the inconsistencies) I could see where the author was going with building up to a better lifestyle eating plan.
I'm on Day 7 of the first phase, but the time is flying by and though I haven't weighed myself yet, per the instructions, I can already feel a difference in the way my clothes fit and how I feel.
AniDan is offline   Reply With Quote