Old 04-06-2009, 10:08 AM   #1  
Amy

Talking Friends and Losers- April 6-12

Hey guys!

Good morning! I am down one more pound, making it 2 lbs last week. That's good enough for me. This week I will be exercising, well as soon as I finsh my two papers and exam.

Slept almost 12 hours last night, went to bed early and slept in. I feel great. I needed it!

Have a POP day!!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Good Monday Morning to Everyone !!!

I did not loose last week which was quite disappointing and this morning I had a 4 oz gain. I stayed on plan all last week and even began a very intense exercise video with weights. But i am going to keep at it and not use this as an excuse to go off plan. I am going to use it as a reason to work even harder. It has always been tough for me to lose weight, even when I was younger. I am not going to make my easter goal unless I drop 4 pounds this week. Not impossible??

on a positive. This weekend we went on a 2.6 mile hike and the first 1.3 miles was primarily up hill, i even pushed the baby in the stroller and still did better than my husband and our 3 kids that went with us. So it was very rewarding to be the one in front that had to keep saying come on.. keep up. It definately made me smile..
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:20 AM   #3  
Lori

S/C/G: 227/179.5/140

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyMadchen View Post
Hey guys!

Good morning! I am down one more pound, making it 2 lbs last week. That's good enough for me. This week I will be exercising, well as soon as I finish my two papers and exam.

Slept almost 12 hours last night, went to bed early and slept in. I feel great. I needed it!

Have a POP day!!
Congrats on your loss.
I lost a pound this week which was good because I had a hard time staying POP .The kids have been on Spring break.They love to bake which made it really tough.But a pound is better than nothing.Hope everyone has a great day.
Clanori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:31 AM   #4  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

morning all. just thought i'd stop in and say hi.
hope everyone has a good start to the week!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:33 AM   #5  
Lori

S/C/G: 227/179.5/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyofsix View Post
Good Monday Morning to Everyone !!!

I did not loose last week which was quite disappointing and this morning I had a 4 oz gain. I stayed on plan all last week and even began a very intense exercise video with weights. But i am going to keep at it and not use this as an excuse to go off plan. I am going to use it as a reason to work even harder. It has always been tough for me to lose weight, even when I was younger. I am not going to make my easter goal unless I drop 4 pounds this week. Not impossible??

on a positive. This weekend we went on a 2.6 mile hike and the first 1.3 miles was primarily up hill, i even pushed the baby in the stroller and still did better than my husband and our 3 kids that went with us. So it was very rewarding to be the one in front that had to keep saying come on.. keep up. It definately made me smile..
Could you not losing weight be from your exercising maybe you are gaing muscle?That would be my guess.Congrats on the hike.That has to make you feel great.Have a good day.
Clanori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

I hope that is the reason I am not loosing. I have never really exercised and should learn more about muscle vs. fat. The instructor on the tape says that the more muscle you build the easier it is to burn the fat. But I think she would say anything to get you though the work out. Anyway I am not giving up and am going to keep on with the exercising and staying on plan and praying too..

Thank you for the words of encouragment.
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:44 PM   #7  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Hi Amy! I am back on LA strict as of today! I wish I would have gotten 12 hours of sleep! Lucky!

Amy M, lots of movement in your weekend! Great job! Just stick to it and the weight will fly off! Trust me!

Lori, great job on the 1 lb! Thats a success over the weekend!

Hi Jillian!

So I am officially back on the plan. I weighed in today at COD and changed my ticker. This is it! Day one! Whoo! Don't know if I am going to do TO. But I am starting with the white book limited proteins and starches. UGH! Back to it! HA! hOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY! pop!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:38 PM   #8  
Katie

Good for you Cecilia!

Jillian-

We spent the weekend mining for flourite, a crystal. I will post some picks when I have them uploaded.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:39 PM   #9  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Hi friends!

Amy-that is awesome! Keep it up!

Amy M. - let your body adjust to your new routine. It may take a while for the lbs to catch up and come off. Try as best you can to avoid the scale for a few days! It WILL come off!

Hi Cecil-good luck with being POP!!

I was so determined to have a great weekend food wise. I let myself go at lunch yesterday and it just threw off my whole day! I am so focused though, I know how to fix it and I've been great today and plan on a POP week!!

Hope everyone is doing great!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 03:17 PM   #10  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

You can do it Amylou!!!! Lets stay focused!

Thanks Katie! Can't wait to see the pics!

So far so good today. Wow! This feels so weird to be back in the saddle. Not so bad so far. The real test is tonight after the gym... I am always starving. I thinking of making that Chicken salad recipe you gave me Amy M. I am excited to try it out! And also make some Hot sauce chicken. Back to chicken! HA!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:21 PM   #11  
Amy

Hey guys,

Justwanted to share this... I bought them and wil let you know how they taste:

Luna Cookie Whole Grain Snacks - These new treats from Luna are chewy and delicious. In Berry Pomegranate and Chocolate Mint (two delicious flavors, not one scary one), each dense, soft-baked snack has 130 - 140 calories, 2.5g fat, 26 - 27g carbs, 4g fiber, and 3g protein (POINTS® value 2*). There's also a Peanut Butter Chocolate flavor, but that has slightly higher stats (150 calories, 6g fat, and a POINTS® value of 3*). BTW, these cookies are square, not round like most cookies. Très chic!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:54 PM   #12  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi everybody, remember me? I'm still around, just struggling lately and ready to get back on track. I actually started back last week getting things in order again and lost 3 lbs! I am using a website to enter in my foods and such for calorie counts and what not. So far I like it. I try to go every evening and plan out the next day and then modify it if I have to from there depending on if I get everything in I am supposed to. My biggest hurdle is not eating enough. I actually tracked on the website for about a week before I really started planning and if I just go by my own accord I only average 1000 cals or so a day. So I have to make a conscious effort to eat through the day and such. But so far I'm doing ok. Still some bad days where I don't get enough but much better than before anyway.

So I hope to be here pretty much every day.

Hope everyone had a good monday!

Alannah
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:17 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Alannah, Hi! I know that i would just be a starving lunatic if I tried to stick with 1000 calories for long.

Amy of the 6 kids, You know I always retain a few pounds of water when I really hit the gym harder than I was. I think my muscles just kind of get temporarily swollen for a few days, not that I've permanently gained a lot of mucle weight. Of course keep it up and you definitely will gain the muscle weight, but that tends to be fairly slow. The big thing is to not lose muscle mass while you are dieting so that you continue to burn calories. Exercise will help the pounds that you do lose to be fat and not mucle, and the fat pounds lost are what really make you shrink and change your body.

Amy of NJ, You are burning up the scale lately! Good luck on your papers and exams. Is Wes your brother?

Jillian, 24 days! Does the baby seem to be dropping yet? Do you have everything ready for Xanthia? Time is growing short.

Cecil, I'm excited for you, because you seem reenergized for weight loss. I'm trying to gather some motivation myself.

It is a beautiful day here today with the sun out and the temperature up in the low 70's (warmest day we've had all year).

Amylou, I find that I do better when I focus on trying to flood my mind with postivie affirmations and drown out all the shoulda's... So remember that you are a beautiful person inside and out, and that you deserve to be very healthy, and that eating right will make you feel great....
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:06 PM   #14  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Hi everyone, sorry I havent checked in sooner! I have been busy busy!

I screwed up my weekend with sodium. I stayed OP but with way too much salt! Where the heck is the salt police when ya need him?
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:31 AM   #15  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Ugh. It's SNOWING here. Ridiculous.

Alannah - love your new picture! I am registered at a number of the online food tracking sites, but I still can't remember to go online and log it in. Instead, I've been carrying a small notebook to log food, and if there is something I don't know the counts on, I go to those sites to look it up. Good luck!

Jillian - everything ready for the arrival? I'm sure that you are more than ready.

Amy - I saw those cookies touted too, let us know how they are! I love choc mint. Lately I've been substituting kid sized Z-Cliff choc chip bars for my LA lites. They are good too.

I have been lax in getting my water in each day, I really have to change that. I do like water, so that's not a problem, I just get sidetracked and forget to drink it. That's my goal for the rest of the week, H2O!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote