Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 10:09 PM   #241  
stand-up philosopher

S/C/G: 276/260/???

Height: 5'7"

WI: -1
Pain: 0/2/8

Credits: Counting calories, homework, taking vitamins, having a good laugh, turning down cadbury creme eggs.

Things went quickly at the SSA office. I now have someone actually working on the claim and a number to provide new information. I also got a real letter back from a senator, signed with an actual pen.

We have guests here, so I can't really do personals. But I'll check in in the morning and add them then.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:58 PM   #242  

Coaches/Buddies Hmm, searching for credits today. CREDIT: My food choices were better today with a much higher nutritional content. Learning opportunity: The quantity still left something to be desired. CREDIT: I got lots of spontaneous exercise as I got 8 things checked off my to do list, including 2 fun things for me (massage, lunch with friend). CREDIT: No caffeine after noon as I planned.

I need to write down a food plan for tomorrow, and read my RCs. I'm thinking of trying to last another half hour or so before I go to bed, which puts me in the vicinity of being back in the MST zone.

Chris Glad to hear your DH liked his class. Sending good thoughts for a speedy and favorable resolution on his case. Hope you are feeling well!

ChinaMaine Sounds like you are doing well eating out on your travels.

Robin back. I'm following your blog now. New post up today!

Tera Nice work on all your credits, but especially turning down that Cadbury egg. Love those things. Hope your SSA case works out favorably.

See y'all tomorrow.

Anne

PS My GPS doodad has stopped talking to my computer. I am not amused.

Last edited by AnneWonders; 04-24-2009 at 11:00 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 04:35 AM   #243  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Saturday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Did gym, including backward lunges in a new way that I read in Mens Health magazine that worked much better for me. CREDIT moi. You step back for the lunge then return to the original spot (rather than traveling backward across the gym floor), doing all the reps for one leg then the other. Works for me.

In case there are any of you who don't subscribe to Mens Health, you're missing out. Frequently women post here, "I don't know what I was thinking." Well, Mens Health has a column by a bartender who explains what women are thinking!!! It's educational for me to be sure. The bias, of course, is for men trying to get lucky. Same with the articles about man-sandwiches that are impressive enough to help you get lucky with women. Likewise protein supplements that lead to a rock hard six pack that'll help you get lucky. So much chasing lucky that after each issue I feel like I need a session with Gamblers Anonymous, LOL.

maryblu - Waving at you and your loons. Have converted your question to "Why do I choose clutter?" Painful question because, just like weight, it constrains part of my life. So, what's in it for me?

onebyone - Waving. Thought of you (and of Jean (kuhljeanie)). Decided that I'd make my lentil stew for lunches next week. Checked the freezer first and, much to my delight, I had a container from my last batch. So I'm all set. Yay for cooking in advance the way you do.

Robin (RobinW) - Waving back. Neat reading your blog - super to see your picture.

Anne (wndranne) - Kudos for getting back into your Beck thinking, with Biggest Kudos for getting a massage - that should help your body overcome the jet lag.

Re my scale experiment: What an insight!! First I'll try different battery brands, then I'll try lithium batteries. And, on further thinking, my scale experiment wasn't a failure due to the singular result, it's inconclusive due to lack of a control group!! I hold out hope.

This isn't middle school. In order to get your GPS doodad and computer talking again you need to assert your authority. "We are not amused" should do it.

Tera (twilit tera) - Kudos for turning down that Cadbury Creme Egg. And Kudos both for laughing and for recognizing to give yourself credit for it.

Yay for having a real person working on your claim.

Chris (angelmomma210) - Yay that your DH enjoyed his class. Sounds like a lot of useful stuff.

davidette - Congrats on "overall slowly slowly down." And Big Kudos for talking yourself out of that "substitute cookie."

Achy is good!!

ChinaMaine - Yay for "crème brulee." Kudos for a neat strategy for dealing with desserts.

And Kudos for the supermarket gift card and food list to you DS and GF. That's a thoughtful guest notion, particularly for someone applying for the job of MIL, LOL.

Yep, "Tapas in Granada." If we say it often enough maybe it'll happen. Do you speak Spanish?

Readers -
Quote:
what to do . . .

Whenever you are tempted to eat unplanned food, use as many Resistance Techniques as necessary. In your Diet Notebook, start a new page with the heading "Resistance Techniques." After you practice them, reorder them according to their effectiveness.

The Complete Beck Diet for Life, pg 96

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 04-25-2009 at 01:06 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-25-2009, 06:54 AM   #244  

anne You make Boston sound like so much fun. If I get through my 4 day trip, (not until the end of May) with "mostly I did okay", I will consider it very successful! DH has an Italian background, and those dinner choices are more "what's the worst" than "what's good".

Robin Loved your blog! The more I eliminate sugar and refined flour from my diet, the more obvious it becomes how even a small portion leaves me wanting more. I'm very pleased with my switch to Greek yogurt (still haven't found Chobani, but I found Fage) and even threw my Dannon high sugar yogurts out, in outright defiance of unhelpful rule "after they are gone, just don't buy more".

chinamaine another new low! "thought broccoli, said mashed potatoes"; that's happened to me so many times!

The whole concept of eating only when you are hungry and stopping when you are full is way out of my skill set at this point. I've spent so many years, feels like my whole life, in deprivation or binge mode, I don't think my body even bothers to send me signals anymore. I don't feel hungry after meals, but I eat my preplanned calorie allotment, or its approximate equivalent when eating out. So far I'm feeling less hunger throughout the day. I'm trying to add high calorie healthy foods like Smart Balance peanut butter with my apple snack, or olives, feta, and lentils or beans in a much smaller salad. Protein is always preferrable if I can work it in. My thinking is I've trained myself to eat huge amounts of low calorie food and when confronted with high calorie foods, I don't know how to switch to being satisfied with smaller amounts. Facing buffets 3 x a day on my upcoming trip, this would be a helpful skill. The other prompting factor is Dr. Roizen pointing out how long it takes for your stomach to return to normal size (6 weeks!) after gross overeating even once; seems to me if your stomach is a size 20, it won't be happy with a size 12 meal. Thanks for asking, it's been motivating to me to put my plan and the reasons in writing!

tera things moving so fast with SSA! impressive work with the cadbury! I just read (Medical Myths that can Kill You by Nancy Snyderman) that 100 deep laughs is equivalent to 20 minutes of cardiovascular work! I'm thinking of renting funny movies instead of going to step class Enjoy your company.

Bill I think if I tried to do backward lunges in one spot, I'd fall on my face, but then coordination has never been my strong point! finding what works for you. at Mens Health; I'll have to check that bartender's column out; maybe he can explain why chinamaine and I think broccoli and say mashed potatoes!

New low yesterday! only a little up today! Looking at my graph, my weight is dropping much faster this month than it did last month. I suspect it has something to do with eliminating the diet cokes, although I'd like to think it has to do with building muscle which speeds up metabolism, I suspect that's too miniscule to be making a noticeable difference. Whatever, I'm enjoying it! My "skinny" jeans are getting loose (okay, less tight, and only after wearing a few hours to stretch them out). Back to the yard work...

Old 04-25-2009, 08:40 AM   #245  

S/C/G: 220/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Talking Friday report, Saturday plans!

Beck – WI-down .5 lbs. (new low!) –Fatigue: 1.5 (1=Feel great, 5=Extreme fatigue). For me, there’s definitely is a pattern of 4-5 days of weight loss to new lows several times, followed by a week of weight gain, stabilization and then another drop back over 2 weeks to start over at the beginning with new lows. So, I expect that today may be my last ‘new low’ for a couple of weeks. We’ll see, but I’m enjoying the ride for now!
Friday I took a 15 minute walk with my son, but no other exercise. But I did find out where they keep the wii games so I can do my ‘normal’ daily exercise for the rest of my trip here. This AM I did 15 mins each of yoga and the upper body workout. – credit!
Food yesterday was not great in terms of weight loss (or even maintenance…). I ended up 500 calories over what I would typically plan for at home on a weekend day. I foolishly took ½ my crθme brulee home from Bonefish Grille Thursday night. After I looked up the calories during the day yesterday – I should have immediately thrown it away. I did not, so at about 11 PM last night I just *had* to have it. Oh well… Otherwise, I was good on calories and fat, but still a little lighter than normal on fiber. Credit!
Last night was a ton of fun. I spent the evening with my sister, her DH, their DS and DGD. My sis and I are both celiacs, so I always have someone to share the GF pleasures I can’t get in Maine. I got takeout from PF Changs – almost every dish as safely GF, so we could eat family style. After my son got home from work, we headed back to their townhouse and chatted and laughed until about midnight. Today is a tourist day in Cincinnati with my son and his girlfriend – a butterfly exhibit, the underground railroad museum, conservatory, etc. So I should do a bunch of spontaneous exercise. I commit to having no dessert today!!
Anne It sounds like you had a great trip to Boston. Authentic homemade Italian meals – yum! And, again, kudos for the 5K! I’ll bet some of your 1.5 lbs over pp low is due to water retention from travel; it’ll probably come back off by next week… And good luck getting enough sleep! Credit for making good nutritional choices and for getting 8 items off your to-do list!

davidette Credit for yard work and using different muscles! Credit for being op and flexible to trade in cookies now and then! And for weight going down, down, down… Very interesting on your food experiment – especially the insight that it’s hard for a size 20 stomach to feel full on a size 12 meal… Your strategy sounds very reasonable, I think over time it’s going to work for you. Credit for coming up with it! And fantastic on the new low and faster weight loss! I’ll bet it is both getting rid of diet cokes and building muscle.

angelmomma It’s really cool about DHs class – I’m glad he liked it and that the rest of the class are nice folks. It sounds like it was motivating for him…

Robin

Tera I know I don’t say it enough, but I’m always inspired by your grit and dedication to moving forward and finding a positive path. Credit!! Very good news about the SSA, and having a real name/face to help shepherd your claim. I’m glad to hear about your senator too… Have fun this weekend!

Bill LOL – at GA pitstop after reading Men’s Health! LOL again! Backward lunges just sound so interesting. I think I’m going to have to give them a try. Credit for finding a way to do them that works for you… re auditioning for MIL – they’ve been dating for almost 2 years and I think she’s terrific, and terrific for him. If I end up being an MIL someday soon, I’ll be thrilled. I used to speak Spanish – but I don’t remember it well enough to speak it. I can follow other folks speaking Spanish, especially if they are speaking somewhat slowly. If I were back in Spain for a while, I think some of it just might come back. So we need to keep up a quiet, yet insistent, effort to move 3fc to Granada sometime this summer.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:51 AM   #246  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning!

Its gorgeous here today, and I already have the windows open. I love hearing the birds chirping!

I went yesterday and signed up for my free one week trial at Best Fitness. I was so impressed with the facilities, I almost signed up right there. But I want to get in there, use the equipment, and maybe talk hubby into joining with me. He actually mentioned bringing weights to the shop

Thank you everyone!!!!! For checking out my blog. I still dont have the comments on the main page figured out yet, but I'll get there. If anyone knows anything about wordpress, and html, and can give me step by step instructions I would be very very grateful!!

davidette~ for the switch to greek yogurt!! Isnt it wonderful!?! Good for you!! Here is something else you can do with it....measure out your serving of yogurt, then an equal serving of cottage cheese, mix it all together, and you have a mini meal! (I detest cottage cheese by itself) but mixed with other goodies its actually pretty good.

Bill~ no, Ive never even really thought to look in mens health. Cuz hubby would accuse me of reading it to look at the pictures Kudos for figuring out the backwards lunges!

Anne~ thanks for following! Big Kudos for getting so much off your to-do list done, and BIG kudos for no caffeine after noon!! I aim for after 4:30

Tera~ Im thrilled to hear you are getting responses from real people!! I thought of you yesterday. I was sent an invite to a dinner with the governor next week. I was thinking.....Oh this is what Tera needs, to get in there and talk to someone who will listen! So thinking along those same lines, I am going to forward the email to a customer who has written an allergy & gluten free cookbook. I think she just might cause a stir!

I have a great day planned. Im off for a beauty session, then to the gym for my first workout, then off to pick up hubby so we can go for coffee after he closes up the shop, then its home to tackle the dressing room and get it better organized!! (we missed yesterday's cleaning off the buffet)

Have an awesome day everyone!
Old 04-25-2009, 08:51 AM   #247  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

ChinaMaine~ we must have been posting at the same time
Old 04-25-2009, 09:34 AM   #248  
stand-up philosopher

Personals:

Maryblu: Hooray for Spring! Even spring in fits and starts is better than no spring.

There is one thing that I like about Dr. P -- He doesn't take himself too seriously. That said, the question you quoted of his, why do we choose to be fat, is a serious one. B and I were discussing the key to successful weight loss the other day in the supermarket. Wanting to lose weight isn't enough. You have to want to lose it more than you want to do what makes you fat. Why do we choose to be fat? For many of us, it's that we think the price of getting thin is too high. It's got nothing to do with how we feel about the fat itself.

I think a good follow-up question would be: Are you happy with your choice?

Bill: If you hate shopping, you might try doing what I do. Shop ahead online - comparing the features of different products and figuring out which brand most closely matches my ideal. Then walk in, find exactly that product, and walk out. You can even call ahead if you aren't sure they'll have it in stock.

for your new eliptical. They scare me, so just looking at one gets my blood pumping.

regarding review of Men's Health. Had to read that one to B. What makes men think that luck has anything to do with it... if it were truly luck, what difference would the sandwiches, protein shakes, or mind-reading make?

Anne: for steady weight over your trip. I'm glad your family enjoyed it!

Davidette: for yardwork (one for a neater yard, the other for using those muscles) for talking yourself out of a cookie - WTG

FitDay does help with calorie counting. The most annoying part is putting entire recipes in (like my soups), which I have to do for the entire 4 quart crock pot, then adjust serving sizes to match my plastic containers full. Fortunately, any recipes I repeat I have right there for next time.

My favorite part is when I get the munchies or get peckish after dinner, I can look at the number of calories left in my budget and either talk myself out of a bad choice or eating something at all.

I don't think I'd give up step for funny movies... for one thing they'd have to be REALLY funny to get 100 laughs into twenty minutes... otherwise step would definitely be more efficient. What about stepping to really funny music? You'd get twice the workout!

Chris: What's eeo? I hope whatever it is the news is good.

ChinaMaine: NEW LOWS I'm glad your fatigue level is low and I hope it holds out.

Robin: for getting to the gym. I hope you enjoy your free week. Thank you for thinking of me. Good idea forwarding that email to your friend!
Old 04-25-2009, 01:54 PM   #249  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Unhappy saturday ... it's hard today

Afternoon Coaches

I am finding it hard to fight off the munchies today.

I've already had twice the amount of raw almonds I had planned for. And I didn't wait the two or three hours before I ate again. And I am having obsessive thoughts of using the fake sugar syrup flavouring in my coffee when I have given up fake sugar completely.

Why do I even have this stuff in the house? I think it's poison to my body but I want it around in case I want to make my coffee more "interesting" ie I am bored and I want eating to make me feel more alive or something? ridiculous. What this says is I am out of flavoured coffee beans to brew. That was my solution to that small dilemma...

Phew. I think the cravings are lessening.

My real problem is fuzzy thinking today. I am tired. I had to get up early and head in to the school to unload the kiln and it was the right thing to do but I haven't had a full day of not having to go somewhere in over a week but it feels like a month. It is a fantastic day though. It's in the 70's here today. Unreal for an April day. Thunderstorms are supposed to happen this afternoon. I love them so I am hoping it comes true.

Anyway I think I am just going to zone out now. I do need to get dinner thawing but other than that I am resting.

Everyone enjoy your day.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:30 PM   #250  

Coaches/Buddies Much better day today. I had a plan, and I stuck to it like glue. I was talking myself down from lots of off-plan eating and I decided to try something I read about in 100 Days of Weight Loss. I made a list, which I named "Parking Lot" (pardon the unfortunate corporate-speak), and when I wanted something, I wrote it down in the Parking Lot. I ended up with about 5 things, so now I pretty much have snacks planned out for tomorrow. Somehow, the act of writing down my craving made it a lot easier to deal with. I could look and see if it was reasonable, and then have a sort of "to do" food list, so I can plan for it and eat it tomorrow.

Ready for tomorrow. I have a 27 mile bike race, which could be interesting given that I haven't been on the bike in about 3 weeks. Oh Well. Still a very doable distance. I have everything packed up and ready for that. I have my plan written for tomorrow, and I'm assuming I'll deviate since race day is unpredictable, but with a plan I probably won't deviate much. I'm hoping for better sleep tonight. I'm going to read the big hitter RCs before bed, but I'm pretty much all set.

Bill LOL on your magazine. Women's mags push thin, men's push lucky. Who knew? Well, I'll wish you luck, in whatever way you might wish to define it.

I didn't actually have to resort to the royal we with the doodad. Being a techno geek, I simply did a Google search on the device and problem, located a new set of drivers and did a quick install. Doodad is now behaving correctly. Took about 10 minutes and minimal bad language.

If you do the scale battery experiment (you're an engineer, and a male engineer at that, you know you're going to if you haven't already ), I want to know how it turns out. Because I'm just that obsessed. If lithium buys me two pounds, lithium it is. Perhaps I'll get lucky.

davidette I don't know about you, but I firmly believe the correct thing to do when confronted with authentic Italian food is to eat it! And then have a light breakfast the next day, of course. Doesn't happen to me that often, obviously.

Congrats on your new low, and enjoy that faster drop!

ChinaMaine You are right there with davidette on the new low. Awesome, and also glad you had a low fatigue day yesterday. Hope today's was as well. Creme brulee is on my nono list. I'm not so good at stopping with that, and it is the single most calorie dense thing I've ever looked up.

Robin I usually aim for 3 for caffeine shut-off, but I got myself into a loop. Couldn't function without it, couldn't sleep with it. So I decided to go non-functional for a few hours. Didn't work very well, but sleep was better than the night before.

Hope you enjoyed your beauty session.

Tera Are you happy with your choice? What a brilliant question! That sounds like a really effective RC.

Onebyone Sometimes I put a couple drops of vanilla or almond extract in my coffee for flavor without syrupy goo. Glad you had a nice day outside, and hope you get/got some sleep to help with that tired.

Everyone have a good evening. I'll let you know how the bike race goes tomorrow.

Anne

PS: notice how many times I said ready in my opening paragraphs? That means I'm not, at least mentally, and I'm trying to ignore that. Just for the sake of clarity, in case you missed it.

Last edited by AnneWonders; 04-25-2009 at 10:35 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:34 PM   #251  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 149/128/123(next goal)

Height: 4'11"

Default Saturday Night

Coaches/Buddies: I found myself slipping again Of course it's no coincidence that I was not posting either. Feeling a little overwhelmed with life and all that I'm trying to fix/accomplish in it. Trying to get myself back on track. I'm currently setting a timer for 15 minutes of computer time and 15 minutes of getting stuff done around the house. So, I will end here since my computer time is about up.
Thanks for continuing to be here!
Old 04-25-2009, 10:52 PM   #252  
Hunger-not an emergency!

S/C/G: [url=http://www.3fatchicks.com

EEO stands for equal employee opportunity ....the people that do discrimination cases.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:54 PM   #253  
stand-up philosopher

WI: -2
Pain: 0/3/7

Credits: loading my plate up with raw veggies and taking only half a slice of both types of pizza. Resisting the desire to eat more. ("I can choose to eat more pizza or I can choose to lose more weight, but I can't choose both.") Resisted the desire to nibble as I was packing leftovers into the fridge. Doing the catface image that I've been thinking about for weeks.

At my mom's house. We got the news that our application to transfer to the bigger apartment was approved. We'll be able to move in sometime after the sixth of June, probably on the twelfth. We will no longer be living in the World's Smallest Apartment!

Two more weeks and class will be out.

onebyone: I love flavored coffee, and I don't see anything wrong in enjoying a treat that isn't unhealthy. When I want to make my coffee more interesting, I use real vanilla extract, sometimes with cinamon. You don't have to deprive yourself to cut the poisons out of your diet.

It is really difficult to keep your resolve when you're exhausted. Hope you get a day of rest soon.

Anne: I really like your parking lot idea! Ready or not, here comes tomorrow... at least it sounds like you've done all you can to get ready... or is that lucky?

Kim: I think what my aunt told me a short while ago applies in your situation... "It's not how many times you fall that matters, but how many times you get back up." You keep getting back up. That's what counts.

Chris: Thanks for the explanation. I look forward to hearing how things turn up. May your hubby be back in the workforce soon.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:39 AM   #254  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Sunday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Success. Went to the store first thing and just bought the Sole E25 Elliptical Trainer with home delivery and setup. and extended service contract. The whole works. And a floor mat, too. CREDIT moi. It'll take about a week for it to arrive. Gives me a window to create some space for it. DW is even willing to put it in the dining room if no other space is available.

Ate on plan; CREDIT moi. Lots of strawberries with breakfast is my new thing. It's so 'spring' to buy two pound clams of strawberries. Mixed my two week batch of granola so it could bake while I ate breakfast. CREDIT moi for that also.

Ate my lunch outside on the patio in bright sunshine. Life is good.

onebyone - Ouch for "tired," so even more Kudos for getting in to unload the kiln on the weekend.

Ya think that "fake sugar syrup flavouring" can disappear if it insists on calling your name?

Robin (RobinW) - Kudos for the trial week at Best Fitness gym. Hope that works out for you - and for your DH.

Good luck with your cleaning out the dressing room. I'm following your de-cluttering efforts to draw energy for doing mine, LOL.

Anne (wndranne) - That's a really neat idea to convert food cravings into a "to do" food list for future snacks. Kudos for getting back into your OP food days.

Good luck today in your 27 mile bike race.

Tera (twilit tera) - Discovering how much I nibbled while packing leftovers was a big shock to me. I bet I could get nearly a second meal while cleaning up. Kudos to you for avoiding that.

Yay for the bigger apartment and all the good exercise you'll get moving. Is it possible to eliminate some stuff before you move?

Yep, I used the technique you mentioned for buying the elliptical. I arrived at Dick's Sporting Goods ready to purchase - it's about the only way it works for me.

Chris (angelmomma210) - Waving back. Hope you're having a relaxing weekend.

davidette - Congrats on the new scale reading low and for the jeans-o-meter reading loose.

You got me thinking with the notion that a huge meal expands our stomachs for six weeks. That would mean that the traditional Thanksgiving blowout would set us up for the entire holiday season clear thru to the New Years party. Ouch. There is ample anecdotal evidence that that happens.

ChinaMaine - Congrats on the continuing new low scale readings - even if part of a cycle.

Your family visiting sounds fun. When touring today look for the famous bronze statue of Martha, the world's last Passenger Pigeon out of the zillions filling the sky when the Europeans landed in the Americas. Died in captivity, she did. She's somewhere in Cincinnati.

Ouch for the second half of that crθme brulee. Yep, it's hard to imagine making it to bed leaving that in the fridge.

Mentioning that you like your Sole Elliptical helped me make my purchase. ‘gracias! I owe you a tapas plate in Granada.

Kim (bennyhannamama) - Ouch for struggling; Kudos for posting and for creating strategies (15 minute timers) to keep on track.

Readers -
Quote:
resistance technique 1
Say to yourself, NO CHOICE

This short phrase helps eliminate the struggle involved with following a plan. Make the choice not to give yourself a choice about eating unplanned food. (When you get to Stage 4, you will learn how to eat with more flexibility.) Think how much easier life would be if every time you were tempted, you were able to confidently say to yourself, NO CHOICE. That's it. I'm absolutely not going to eat it!

The Complete Beck Diet for Life, pg 96
Old 04-26-2009, 06:17 AM   #255  

chinamaine New low! minimal fatigue! Any correllation between the fatigue score and the weight rise and fall? Might make an interesting graph with 2 lines, one weight, one fatigue. I keep trying to figure out how exercise fits in with weight fluctuations; I'll have to come up with a way to rate my exertion effort and put dots on those days. Isn't it great that we can enjoy the lows and not get devastated by the increases that follow!

Wii workout. Good for you, keeping track of calories. Maybe a cheat sheat to try and work out ways to fight off "just have to" emotional eating (creme brulee), although I don't hear it happening very often with you.

what's a GA pitstop?

Have a great touristy day

Robin trying Best Fitness. I'd never exercise if I didn't belong to the Y. your hubby will check it out with you.

I happen to actually like cottage cheese so I ought to love it mixed with Greek yogurt. I think half a melon filled with cottage cheese and topped with a sprinkling of berries is such a pretty breakfast, I want to take a picture before I eat it. Can't wait to try it with your mixture.

tera A new question to ponder during final day of yard work: Am I happy with my choice? Once again, it's interesting to apply to other areas we don't normally think of having a choice about.

I do the same thing with my Diet Organizer program; makes it so easy to keep updating if I made small changes during the day and still know exactly how many calories I have "available" for nutritionally equivalent substitutions. This seems to keep me away from extra cookies!

bigger apartment! CREDIT working resistance muscle.

onebyone Hope you got some thunderstorms and some rest. CREDIT fighting those cravings! I'm convinced now since I've given up diet cokes, that fake sugar really does increase cravings.

anne Love that "parking lot" idea; going to try that. Any kind of postponement gives my higher brain time to take over from the reptile brain; this way you have a reward system built in.

I know you are wndr-anne, but feeling absolutely ready for a 27 mile bike race with everything you've just been through is asking a lot! I know you'll do great.

kim overwhelmed feeling; keep giving yourself credit for what you do accomplish! Baby steps.... As you know, coming here helps us remember diet and exercise have to be first!

Bill Nice new toy! (elliptical). How can you resist trying that out? The ones at the gym give me the highest calorie burn of any activity I do there, but I hardly ever get on them because I seem to need the motivation of a class structure. My sister has her treadmill set up so she can watch taped TV shows she wouldn't have time for otherwise, a built in reward system!

I could do some googling to see if Dr. Roizen's stomach enlargment scenario is evidence based, but I think I'm better off just believing it for now! I can just take your Thanksgiving through New Years example as verification

Last day of major yard work for a while; not that it ever stops but I enjoy it when I can stop focusing on what "needs" to be done. Between mom and I there are almost 2 acres constantly threatening to become totally wooded. I think we have every kind of viscious thorny vine and rapidly invasive weed known to man. Calorie intake a little low just because I'm too tired to fix anything and I'm holding firm NOT "filling in" with cookies. I sense a line that would be hard to redraw should I cross it.

Enjoy!
Closed Thread