Old 03-24-2009, 11:31 AM   #16  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hi everyone. nothing much to say, just same stuff, different day.

jerseyamy--so glad you like your new car! can't wait to see a picture of it! i know you'll do well with starting LAWL again. you just need to find what works for you. i found that WW wasn't strict enough for me. i did end up losing 20lbs when i did WW back in late 2002. and then found out i was pregnant with my DD. after i had her, i started LAWL and been doing it ever since. good luck with the change! you'll do great!

great job with your losses so far, kimberly! you'll be back to your pre-preg weight in no time at that rate! keep at it! any new pics of your boys to post?

kristin--great job with having a great POP day! keep it going.

that's about it for me. i hope more peeps check in. there have been many MIA lately. that sucks, as i look forward to hearing from all of you! (i'm shocked that i've stuck around on the board my whole pregnancy! but i can't imagine being away from everyone..you're my second family!)

ok..jag is needing me. gotta run..or should i say, waddle. ick!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 05:08 PM   #17  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Hi guys - sorry I've been MIA - I'm really busy at work, DH has been doing work on the home PC, and I was on spring break from my Masters classes last week!

Needless to say, I'm back at class (hence the posting now, LOL) and, I bought an awesome laptop that came last night, so DH can monopolize the PC all he wants and I can surf away... (as soon as I hook up the wireless router) Of course, I had no sooner bought the laptop when the furnace stopped working.... didn't really need to spend more money last week.

Anyone into the NCAA tournament? I LOVE it, and my College had a GREAT showing this year - I am sooo proud of them... I went to Siena College and they won their first game in 2 overtimes and then put up a good show against #1 Louisville. I lost my voice after both games... I'm doing pretty good in my pools too.

I've been struggling first with getting results, and second, with staying on plan. I curse the turning 40 thing! I still trying , though. It was nice last week not having class or having assignments, I was able to go to the gym most evenings.

It's good to check back in again - I'm heading off now to read last weeks posts!

Last edited by Kimphin; 03-24-2009 at 05:17 PM.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 05:24 PM   #18  
WonderWoman

hey kim! 3lbs down on the lemons challenge! keep it going! she's gonna be here soon!
Old 03-24-2009, 05:53 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Jillian, I think a pregnant woman's waddle is a sweet thing. I'm sure that Xanthia or Elliot will be worth all the discomfort when she comes. Your DH will be wrapped around her finger in no time I'm sure.

Kim! You know... eventually you start looking at someone who just turned 40 as rather young. I have redefined old as when your kids start collecting social security, since my grandma said that made her feel really old, and I had to say if your children are retirment age, you ARE old. We can do this though, even if we are old and not burning as many calories as we used to.

I think spring break has made the boards very empty. Doesn't feel like spring here lately. Just has been cold and wet and and gray.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:49 PM   #20  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

LOL - I have to say I don't feel old, except for this negative metabolism thing! And, while I have no medical theory to back it up, I think that having my gall bladder out when I was 39 is also a contributing factor.

And I agree. It is soooo not spring. I've been freezing my butt off this week. Sucks.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:08 AM   #21  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning EVERYBODY!!!!!!

Amy (Momof6) – Funny about the fiber in a paper cup!!
Here’s another substitute for the Take Off juice: Buy 1 bottle of Knudsen's Morning blend juice (you can find this in the healthy foods aisle at most grocery stores; it’s good). Mix 6 oz water, 26 oz Knudsen's juice and 8 teaspoons Benefiber powder. You drink 32 oz each day, so if you are doing 2 TO days, buy two bottles. It runs about $6 a bottle.
(As others have posted, you can also use 4 cups of cantaloupe OR 4 oranges or grapefruit in place of juice)

Jillian – hope you are feeling better.

Cecil – good luck with the flooding and getting your deal at the Center. I’m surprised there are still centers opened, but it really is a good program, so it doesn’t totally surprise me.

Barb – this muffin top thing is relatively new – about the past year. I’ve been this weight before without the muffin thing going on….What the???

Belinda – When I did LAWL, when you first started (and you didn’t eat the Lites) you did Fast Forward (or LA Express), and this consisted of
Unlimited proteins (meat, poultry, fish)
Unlimited raw, green salad veggies
2 eggs or 1/2 C egg beaters
4 glasses of the TO drink *
8 8 oz glasses of water
1/2-1/2 tsp Morton Lite salt
NO OTHER FOODS -no bread, no milk, cheese, fruit, condiments, etc.
You can have up to 24 oz per day of diet soda, 3 packets of articifical sweetner, 2 cups of coffee.
I just did this for a couple days and lost 1.5 lbs….not complaining; of course I wanted more.

Kim (Bradley’s mom)…great job on the scale!

Nicole – you still holding on to the great loss you’ve had?

Kimphin – I’m not into the NCAA stuff, but hope your team wins! I see you went to Siena College – I’m going to Siena, Italy in May!!! LOL!

Oh geez...gotta work.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:33 AM   #22  

Height: 5'6

Well I had another on plan day. Even when my sweet bf brought me home a bottle of wine I didn't touch it. We'll save it for some other evening. So some of the weight gain is coming off. I certainly won't get it all off before vacation but doing what I can and we'll just see what happens on vacation.
I might as well admit the truth...in 1 month I came VERY close to being back at my starting point, like 1-2 pounds away from the starting point. I am still up about 6 lbs from where I was a month ago, which is still pretty bad. I'm sure a couple lbs is water retention, as I can feel it, but most is real weight gain...but I'm taking control back and moving on. No sense beating myself up, just makes me want to give up.
I almost regret that I am going on vacation, feels so good to be in control again, but I really do need this vacation! I'll keep things in check though till I leave Sunday and while on vacation focus on taking advantage of all the yummy fresh fruit available!
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:43 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Good Morning to All!

Joni thank you for the replacementTakeoff recipe. I really appreciate it. especially the $6 part..

I did take off on Sunday and Monday and I lost 2.6 pounds so I am more than pleased. My LAWL center is still open and seems to be doing very well. There are always people coming in and out. I still sort of have this fear of every time I go there doors might be closed. I have started to stock pile the Lites I have already paid for and I did not buy many in advance and I joined when it was 50% off so I really did not pay that much for my 26 week program. My mom however did get sucked in to a lot so I have encouraged her to start taking a little more than she needs for a week just in case and told her not to buy anything else right now.

I have come up sort of with my own plan called the Summer Slim down 20 pounds in 8 weeks. I am going to do Take off every 2 weeks for 8 weeks and the week after take offs I am doing one meal replacement shake a day and cutting down on starchs to try to keep the take off weight off for good. I have also started to exercise and my goal is to exercise 5 days a week for the 8 weeks as well. If anyone wants to join me in the Summer Slim down please do I can use all the motivation I can get.

Kimphin- i do watch basket ball however my teams were out first round- University of Tennessee.. But still go Vols!!

Have a Great Day to everyone!!!!
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:29 AM   #24  
WonderWoman

good morning. just thought i'd stop in and say hi. nothing new here with me..
be back later, i'm sure.

awesome job kristin on keeping away from the wine! keep at it girlie!

amy--good job on your losses with your TO! congrats on losing 10lbs so far!

good morning joni!
Old 03-25-2009, 10:05 AM   #25  
LAWL Salt Police

Hey gang...

We're back from our brief spring break trip to Carlsbad Caverns (in southern NM)... We did "ok" for our normal meals, but I have to admit there was much to much snacking and I'm definetely feeling it.

I'm still dealing with a lack of motivation in getting back to the gym, but now that my racquetball partner is back from his trip, I'll be back on track with that this week...

Hope y'all are doing well!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:28 AM   #26  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hey everyone! I am just hanging out, longing for spring. We had a really beautiful week last week. Now it is snowing again. Hopefully not for long. We did get a new puppy. She is a Great Dane. Her name is Safira. She is really sweet, but Skippyjon really hates her so far. Hopefully he will warm up to her soon!

Here is a picture of Skippy in his Easter outfit.

skippy.jpg
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:46 PM   #27  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi Firends.

Joni.......too afraid to WI. Maybe next week

Katie.........super cute puppy. I know you just NEEDED that new puppy............your house gets so lonely and empty

Kim.......glad to have you back. WTG on your loss. Liek I told Joni......I am too dang scared to WI.

Hang in there Jillian........

Hello to eveyrone else......I have been painting and refinishing furniture this week.......so my computer time has been real short. I hope to get some of these profects finished up by the end of the week though. I need some playtime
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:09 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

katie - poor skippy - he doesn't look happy wearing that... kinda reminds me of the kid in 'A Christmas Story'...

Nicole - just get it overwith! Weigh yourself so that you can get motivated.

Did anyone watch TBL last night??? I swear I cry just about everytime now!!!
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:11 PM   #29  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Asking for Prayer for Fargo ND, Moorhead MN, we are in the midst of a flood and recieved a wondeful blizzard last night! We need all the prayers we can get! Thanks to all of you!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:28 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Julie, I was upset to see Aubrey go. I heard them say how Filipe really needed to be there, but I felt that Aubrey had a bigger need. I can't figure out how they decide who to send home this year. It has been rather strange what the former Blue team was doing to itself. It is good to see them in singles since it was so one sided it was no longer interesting to watch the challenges.

Joni, My weight has redistributed a bit as I've aged. Thinner thighs (yeah) more muffin top (boo). I didn't used to be quite so rectangular. I didn't sign up for this!

Katie, Skippyjon is so cute. Another Great Dane. I think of you when I see one now. It is funny that you go so small and so big with your dogs.

The office administrator bought candy from Costco again. The mini candy bars, so I managed to rationalize just one is not so bad... which is like the worst train of thought you can have, since if I convinced myself one is not bad, I ate three before I knew it. I just am stopping now.... I don't care how small they are, they are junk and not a good thing to eat.

Our prayers are with you Cecilia

Last edited by BarbaraB; 03-25-2009 at 05:29 PM.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote