Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 01:30 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Happy Easter Everybody.

You know I thought I had only lost 5 lbs, but when I did my tracking I found out I'd lost 7 lbs. I've decided to get serious with this. I haven't had a tracker here for some time but decided that I need to have it. The hearts remind me to love myself and the 199 is a short time goal to get below 200 and then go own.

Have a nice day.

Last edited by pattygirl63; 04-12-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:30 AM   #17  
Liz

S/C/G: 229/185/150

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations Trish!

Things were so quiet around here that I was going to check if I lost my subscription to the thread somehow, but I guess everyone has been as busy as I have!
I get weighed at the doctor's tomorrow, so I guess I'll get official stats then...
Old 04-13-2009, 08:49 AM   #18  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Scale is being kind to me . . . weather is not . . . it's snowing.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:16 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

ArtCat Thanks. Good luck on your WI and doctors appt tomorrow. I haven't been to a regular doc in years (insurance thing) and I have an appt next month to meet the new doc I have chosen. DH goes to her husband and he is a nice guy. I've heard good things about her from my beautician who goes to her and decided I wanted a female doc so made the appt. I sure would love to have the scale move down some more before my appt.

Meowee Congrats on the kind scale. I didn't lose this week, but stayed the same which I've decided is also good plus I had the realization when I did the tracker that I had lost 7 lbs instead of 5 doing this. Do you like the snow or are you really tired of it by now? I have a friend in IN who loves the snow and looks forward to it, but is tired of it by the end of the season. We are supposed to get some of the thunderstorms coming across GA right now, but I don't think we are going to get it as bad as they are.Try to stay warm.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:11 PM   #20  
Onward and Downward

I am very, very tired of this Winter . . . the first snowfall of the season is gorgeous ands I love snow for Christmas . . . but after that it gets tiresome very quickly.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:14 AM   #21  
Liz

Well, the doctor's scale confirmed that my scale is right. I guess that's good news- it'd be worse if my scale was weighing light.
It was a doctor for my migraines, and he's switching drugs on me because my prescription insurance changed and no longer allows some of the drugs that have been very helpful to me. It's pretty upsetting, because I was finally at a point where I felt fairly functional. Anyways, the new drug's biggest side effect is weight gain, so here we go! Sometimes life feels pretty unfair.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:50 PM   #22  
Onward and Downward

Just wanted to let you know that I will be missing for a couple of weeks because of some family business . . . I will be thinking about you though and will check in jjust as soon as I'm back home again.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:11 AM   #23  
Liz

Have a good trip- be safe!
Old 04-22-2009, 11:30 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 213/213/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi, all.
I've been reading a few of the posts here and think I may look into Volumetrics.
I've doen WW and SB. I do good for a few weeks, then crash.
Think I'll go to the thrift store and Goodwill today to see if they have the book. I checked the library-don't have it.

I signed up for the Curves/Avon fitness study-this is my first week.
I really need to curb my eating.
have about 45 lbs to lose

Looking forward to learnign more about this.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:03 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Hey, all. I'm baaaack - from Italy, that is. I had a wonderful trip, got a lot of exercise and ate too much. I am hoping to keep in the swing of the exercise thing and walk. I was doing pretty good with the walking a year of so ago, but got out of the habit. MY bad.

I have done some pretty serious back-sliding here, but I learned some things. I got kind of sick of my two huge salads a day, but I also realize that the salads really were keeping me more satisfied and away from the high calorie stuff. I also got careless about breakfast and was eating pancakes etc with DH. I think my first step in recovery will be...Oatmeal with a small sprinkle of nuts and a piece of fruit for breakfast - need the little military smilie! I love my oatmeal - I don't know why I think I have to eat bacon.

I also like soup. I eat it in the summer, too. I work in a pretty highly air conditioned building and sometimes the soup hits the spot.

Anyway, I'm attempting to get back with the program. I really like the Volumetric principles.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:00 PM   #26  

Hey, where is everybody? Getting on here sure was slow today.

I have done great for a couple of days now....we went to Costco. Bought pears from Argentina. Ordinarily, I don't buy fruit from that far away, but these looked so yummy, and they are! Seems like things often look good but arent. Anyway, I also got lettuce, tomatoes, clementines and apples. I have been chowing down on the fruit. Also eating my oatmeal.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:54 AM   #27  
Liz

Welcome back, Gail!
Things have been VERY quiet here lately, and Meowee's gone on a trip. I'm glad you had a nice trip, but am especially glad that you got to see your son and family. That's got to be the best part!
I've been struggling lately, so I'm trying to watch my portions better and exercise more. Haven't resorted to keeping a food journal yet, although I might need to if this keeps up. My numbers aren't up, though, because I never dropped them in the first place. Yeay procrastination!
I was mulling over the idea of making a set menu every week with the idea that if the food somewhat bores me, maybe I won't be tempted to eat as much? I can see where this could backfire- any ideas and comments?
Old 04-28-2009, 07:40 PM   #28  

I have done the food journal thing and it really works.

I, personally, do better if my food is really, really interesting! I have made some really good stuff that is loaded with fiber and water and low in calories. I only make enough food for one serving for me. Lots of times DH eats something different because he is such a picky eater. I don't eat too much at meals - it is the snacking that I have a problem with.

I usually don't plan exact menus because something always side-tracks me, but I do plan my shopping to include items that I use frequently. We buy (overbuy - overspend LOL) at Costco so I always have Tilapia, shrimp, scallops and chicken breast. We also buy 12 or so heads of lettuce and 4lbs of grape tomatoes - this keeps pretty well.

What I have been doing recently is NOT eating my big piles of produce. It really does fill me up, but something in my head has been telling me that something greasy and starchy will fill me up better with much less effort. I feel like I am some kind of addict, falling off the wagon.

Gotta eat that produce - can't be wasting in this economy!
Old 04-29-2009, 10:01 AM   #29  
Liz

I recently discovered those hydroponically grown heads of lettuce at Costco that come with the roots still attached. They taste great and last really long.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:46 AM   #30  
Liz

Gail- when you food journaled, did you just write stuff down, or did you keep track of calories, etc, too? I think if I have to analyze, measure and calculate all the time I won't keep it up.
Closed Thread