Old 03-01-2009, 09:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 213/ticker/155

Height: 5'9"

Default Ack! Accidental caffeine!!

Carp!! I haven't had any caffeine since I stopped drinking it back in September, but I do have the occasional sugar-free caffeine-free all-natural soda... the kind of stuff they sell at the organic co-op. Well yesterday I got a six-pack of "Zevia" cola, made with Stevia instead of sugar or nutrasweet, and totally assumed it was caffeine-free since it was at the co-op... nope! I had one early this morning, and by this evening finished off the pack!! I was like, geez, I can't believe I'm having so many of these, so I looked at the label... and sure enough, it's got "natural caffeine - from coffee". D'oh! No wonder I couldn't stop drinking it. And no wonder I suddenly decided I needed to spend 6 hours shopping for lumber and building a platform bed for the guest room!

I bet I'm in for a headache tomorrow when I don't have any more... I guess this will teach me to read those labels instead of assuming something is "okay"! :P
jajabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 138/138/130

Height: 5'7"

I know this wasn't the purpose of your post, but I'm so happy to hear there is a soda sweetened form Stevia! I've been drinking regular Hansen's every once in a while because I won't drink aspartame. Thanks for introducing me!
PeatrixPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 213/ticker/155

Height: 5'9"

Yeah, Zevia is really tasty! I usually get the root beer flavor, but they were out. I wasn't a fan of the lemon-lime, but I'd like to try the orange flavor at some point! And this time I'll be sure to check the label.
jajabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

I limit my caffeine to two cups of decaf per week and sometimes a bit of chocolate, so I understand what happens when you get too much caffeine! I get jittery and run around like the energizer bunny. Anyone who claims that caffeine isn't a drug, is crazy... it's addictive stuff.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:32 PM   #5  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

I was fine for years with one cup of caffeinated coffee early in the morning. Until I started taking fluoxetine (the generic Prozac) at breakfast & discovered within the first two or three days that it was interacting with my coffee. My heart was pounding fearsomely, in a way it had never done before. Switching to decaf made that go away.

I thought the interaction might wear off, but it hasn't. I've met a friend at Starbucks to sit & talk for two or three hours, & felt I had to get Americanos to justify staying so long. Big mistake. The second cup made my hands shake & my neck & shoulders feel locked up, like they were made of cast iron. Same problem when I spent the afternoon with a friend who likes to have a pot on all day long & never stops sipping. She kept offering & I had trouble refusing until I finally flat-out told her, "I can't have any more." I showed her how my hands shook. She was incredulous. In turn, when she visited me, I had to remind myself to keep brewing the stuff full-power for her. This time, though, I knew better than to touch it.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:13 PM   #6  

I luv caffeine.....Sorry.LOL!
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:21 PM   #7  
~*Lupo di Autunno*~

S/C/G: 162/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I've been known to drink a ten-cup pot of coffee, by myself. It's never had any real effect on me, unless I drink coffee right before bed.

Anyway, I like Shasta sodas - they're caffeine-free, and use Splenda instead of the usual aspartame for the sweetener. They're also about 30% cheaper than Coke or Pepsi products.

Last edited by Wolf Goddess; 03-01-2009 at 11:23 PM.
Wolf Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:36 PM   #8  
BOOM!

S/C/G: 176.6/130/130

Height: 5'2"

Caffiene? GIMME!!! I self medicate my ADD with it most days rather than take my Ritalin.
prinny is offline   Reply With Quote