Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2002, 06:35 PM   #31  

Angry thanks

Thanks to everyone for your tips. Today is Day #2, and yes, I have had the Takeoff drink, and it's actually very good, and no, I haven't had to run to the bathroom. I'll be very glad to go to the center tomorrow, though, and get started with some more food choices. Green raw vegies and protein is just not doing it these past couple of days! I don't like raw vegies except for salads, so I've been eating salad and salad and more salad and chicken and more chicken. I may have zucchini cooked on my George Foreman grill with my chicken tonight - it may not be raw, but it's certainly fat free and has minimal calories - a salad just isn't going to do it tonight. I hope this gets better...
Thanks again,
Sue
Old 06-03-2002, 10:49 PM   #32  

Joy, you have on your list that baby carrots are ok. Is everyone in consensus on this? I can't start tomorrow b/c I couldn't find the protein powder tonight, so it will be tomorrow or Thursday (I have to go out of town for biz on Wed, not sure how I can travel & do it).
Old 06-04-2002, 09:49 AM   #33  

Default baby carrots

I wouldn't think they were ok. They're very sugary! On my plan, I can only have 1/4 a regular carrot for a vegetable serving, so I just don't eat them.
Old 06-04-2002, 01:15 PM   #34  

Well poop about the carrots. By the way, I coudn't find the protein powder with spirulina last night, so I went to GNC today. He said that spirulina IS protein, so in case anyone didn't know, there you are.
Old 06-04-2002, 02:11 PM   #35  

Smile

I just came from the center - today is Day #3. I've lost 4.2 pounds on this "Takeoff" three day plan. That sounds great and I'm really excited, but I have a splitting headache and I'm rather nauseous. The counselor told me it may be from lack of sugar because I'm used to eating fruits, and for the past few days, I haven't had any. I definitely need more food choices. Tomorrow, I start with the purple "Ultra Express" plan for three more days. Still seems to be very limited, but at least, I have a few more choices and I can have some fruit. I'm also looking forward to my bars - I had a double chocolate bar at my initial consultation and was delightfully surprised at how good it was. For my "free" box, I selected the chocolate peanut butter.
Question - is there somewhere that these bars can be purchased for less money? I've checked out E-Bay, so I know I could place a bid there. I'm also wondering if one of the other bars on the market would be comparable. I have to decide how many bars, et cetera, that I want when I go to the center on Friday, and figuring out the price they want, even with the coupon, is outrageous!
Any hints or tips would be much appreciated!
Thanks,
Sue
Old 06-05-2002, 11:49 AM   #36  
LAWL Center Manager

Default Checking In

Great news about your 4.2 pound loss. I actually gained 3 pounds while on the Take Off because it was the wrong time of the month. Bummer! I did drop it quickly, though, during my first week of the plan.

Anyway, to answer the questions on the table...I don't know for sure about the baby carrots. I was told they were okay, but I don't eat carrots, so it didn't apply to me. I'd rather be safe than sorry, so if anyone was told different, I'd delete them.

As far as the bars are concerned, you can secure some good buys on E-bay. Also, some of the Slim Fast bars and protein bars at GNC are comparable as well, but be careful! I would take the box with me and do some shopping around. Make sure the percent distributions (carbohydrates, fat and sodium are most important) are comparable. The other bars you purchase probably won't taste as good though.

Looks like you're off to a great start on your plan. Good luck!
Old 06-05-2002, 03:34 PM   #37  

Question new at diet

Hi everyone I am new at LaDiet joined yesterday and just had some questions to ask yall. I am from Tn. also and have been doing low carb diets some and then finally went to WeightWatchers because i Need accountablity I dont diet well alone that was a mistakeeeeeee cause I did not lose and I at least lost inches before on low carb. So shrunk in size well I heard that the La diet touted low carb and had several diets to put you at your best. The problem is the center I joined is very evasive about what to expect. I was told that it was all natural and that could shop at the grocery store for most products and now they tell me after I joined about the products and etc they expect me to buy course i am waiting on you ladies to help me out with that. I just was floored about the drink I have not even tried that yet they have me on the jet something so I am doign that for few days My diet for 3 days does have oranges and that has helped some soooooo thanks for input and any help you can give me this is the only place I have found boards for LA. I did pay a lotttttttttt of money have about 55 pounds to lose
Old 06-05-2002, 04:38 PM   #38  

Izzy,
I'm also a new member, but I'll tell you what I know so far. I've done my first three days and have just started today on my second three days. The first three days with the juice, I found to be very tough. I didn't have the option to have an orange, and I don't like raw vegies (love them cooked), except for salad, so I ate salad and salad and more salad! Don't particularly care for beef, so I ate a lot of chicken. Fish is okay, but I'm not really a fish lover, either (unless it's fried!). I did lose 4.2 pounds, but I felt that I earned it! I really, really missed having some fruit and missed having something "snacky."
Anyway, these next three days look a little better. I'm still very limited, but I'm able to have 2 starches from a limited choice menu, I can have 3 fruits from a limited menu, and I can have two of the LA lite bars (I chose chocolate and peanut butter). I've had one bar this afternoon, and they're really good - also very expensive, so I'm looking for alternative bars. I'm also given a limited choice of protein (fish and chicken - no beef), and I can have 4 vegies and can have them cooked this time.
So far, I find the diet very limited, but I have high hopes that this will soon change. After all, with the limited choices available to me right now, I couldn't eat anywhere but home, and the ads claim that you'll be able to eat out and order from a restaurant menu, so I'll hold a good thought.
I have 65 pounds to lose - actually with my 4.2 loss, I have about 61 to lose. I agree with you that this was a LOT OF MONEY to spend on a diet plan, but if it works, it will be worth it in the end. I've been a WW member at least 12 times over the years, and although I think they have an excellent diet plan, I think I was actually given too many choices and had a hard time staying in control. It seems that I've gone from one extreme to the other right now, but like I said, hopefully, this too will change and I'll be able to have more of a variety.
Good luck on the plan and keep posting. I find that reading how others are doing keeps me on my toes and gives me that little boost that we all need so often.
Old 06-05-2002, 05:12 PM   #39  

Angry more new things

thanks arvi for your reply. It helped me so much to hear from someone who just began. I feel kind of alone. this place just opened in our little city and I just didnt like the way they pushed some things at me at first but then this morning I went back in to ask more questions ( I am hearing impaired so one on one is better for me even though I fluently read lips) I just felt uncomfortable about some things I read about here. so maybe I did ok not having that drink lol. goshhh Ariv I have done them all and I want so much to get this weight off I am like you WW held too many choices I spent all my pts on icecream for instance I figured if I plunked down the money then I would stay with it and try to hit their goal because that would not mean paying anymore monies. I wont anywayyyyyyyy ha ha but the counselor told me that the diet was all natural and that supplements werent mandatory. However I feel they probably will say do this and that. If the candy bars are good I have some credit and will try those. I am going on trip next week just a short one and I figure that I can have fish and steak and salad. I will be glad to see a few more carbs. I dont mind raw veggies The veggies I love are starchy ones anywayyyyyy but would be nice to have abite of breaddddd ha ha. but I do seem to lose more on low carb and I have thickend waist and they now say that that does mean low glycemic is better for you. as to the way you hold your weight so I am down 3 pounds from Mon. but had done low carb since then too. Did they give you any free things>>>>> Did they give you samples to taste of things???? I was wondering. thanks for you input really appreciate it and we have about the same to lose so good luckkkkkkk and I will come here often for support and to help too if I can. Gosh I think I am thankful for the two oranges lol. see ya later
Old 06-05-2002, 05:37 PM   #40  

Cool bad center

Arvie I just read back over the sight and see that you talk about a free box. I havent tasted a thing and I think I am in a bummer center. But now not sure what to do or to expect I sure hope they are not price gouging me. I am upset. But then I read that befoer I went and kept thinking that they would do something or maybe it was for later. soooooo i will ask about it thats for sure. So fill me in on the things like that that are going on. gosh yall this is not fair to pay the money and not get any perks all I got was a menographed piece of papper with diet. for 3 days that was it the endddddddddd makes me maddddddddd
Old 06-05-2002, 05:54 PM   #41  

Izzy,
All I got on the first day was a piece of paper with a 3-day diet, too. The "free" box of bars was given to me when I went back on day 3 to get my plan for the next 3 days. The first day I was there, it was around noontime, and one of the counselors happened to mention that she was starving, and I said "So am I", so she went and got me a chocolate-chocolate bar - very good, but that was my only "perk"!! I think you'll get your free box of something when you go in on day #3. When I go back next, she said I'll get some "gifts" of free snacky food if I buy the bars or whatever else in bulk. I don't plan to do that because I can't afford the "bulk". If I understood her correctly, buying the bars in bulk would make each box be $10 instead of $14 - that's no bargain to me because I'd have to buy 30 some odd weeks worth at two boxes a week -- NO CAN DO!!! As far as the supplements and all that, they can keep them. I really, really, really want to lose my weight, but with a husband and two teens and the cost of everyday living, I cannot pay any more than I've already spent on this program. I'll get to my goal weight eating natural foods, not natural supplements!
Anyway, I'm really hoping it gets better, and maybe some of the "pros" reading our posts can enlighten us a little more.
Old 06-05-2002, 06:48 PM   #42  

Hi Izzy and welcome from Knoxville!

I understand about your scepticism and their being evasive. I had a bad experience with a place called Diet Center years ago, so I insisted on knowing everything before I would pay. I'm glad I did, and have been happy on the diet. One recommendation that has worked for me is to exercise several times a week and go on the red plan. It's about 1400 calories a day. I was originally on the purple plan (which is about 900 calories per day) without exercise, and I didn't lose as much weight because I couldn't stick with it and my metabolism slowed. Just my input. Good luck and talk to you again soon!
Old 06-05-2002, 07:16 PM   #43  

Talking thankyou thankyou

Arvi, first of all thank you for enlightening me. I did mention the free box this morning and I think now they know I know something about whats going on. I bought a few supplments but not going to get anymore This is what happened to upset me. First of all again I dont hear very well and this counselor was writing me notes which was fine one I read her lips more than on occassion then I can do it ok but not at first and I felt she took advantage of that little no. course she hasnt met the real meeeeeeeeee and today she did but she overcharged em the contract had one amount and the cc charge was 125.00 higher and I had bought some supplements but not that much so she said it was tax. ha Well today they decided it was not taxable as to the program so they would credit my account. Now I had rather they credited my credit card but instead the only suggestion they had for oweing me money was to issue a credit which I "could" spend on lites well I didnt even know what Lite was but am smart enough to figure taht one out lol lol so ILet is standdddddd Now I have go buy 40.00 worth of something and personally had rather my credit card be credited but can i demand that and keep going Just decided it was bad hair day but will not write anymore checks or allow anymore charges I paid arm and Leg to do this because I am like you I think it wil pay of in the end. butttttttttttttttttttttttt I do so appreicate your sharing what is going on cause communicaton is hard for me and I can see nwo I gotta get savvy with these creatures the only thing I have going for me is this We live in a small affluent subs. And they wont put up with business practices who do things they shouldnt as to taxes and I dont think they will pull anything else. I hope not. but makes me feel uneasy. LIttle bit Thanks though arvi. Yes you can have fried she told me this morning on the 3 day diet I am on I can fry in butter but no breading so saute is ok that might helpsomeeeeeeeeeeee I Love minute steak but breadgin will have to go lol lol oh meeeeeeeee again at least I got oranges they sure helped. You are great to help me out now i know what those stupid little candy bars cost and I will give them heck lol lol I weigh in again and go on Fri. I did ok today I got hungry but did ok. sick of meat
Old 06-05-2002, 07:30 PM   #44  

Smile fellow Tennesean

bonnie,
Thanks for replying along with arvi. this has been something I wonder if maybe this person I saw yesterday is doing little things like this you can read Arvi's note tells all so far. So I was upset. I have not seen anything she was kind of pushing the sale and then exited very quickly. My husband found the mistake sooooo anyway he will go in if something else happens. I dont like them taking advantage of my not hearing well. I can be mean as most Tenneseans are I live in Germantown and usually most business have to go thorugh so much to get a license that they are really on the up and up so thats one reason I joined it. No one I know here is doing it just me. Everyone is skinny orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr on WW or they can afford diet garu. anyway I do appreciate all your help I dont want to do a 900 calorie diet either not good for you. But I need constant change and I need the counselor as to support so I can pick out one maybe and go in and see her the same person and taht way be happier cause there were some nice people there too. I just got miss wanna bee lol lol anywayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy We have friends in KNoxville and have not been there in long time but pretty country up your way. Everything in Memphis is in upraor as to the Tyson fight. Its wild over here this weekend. However I think that I am the type person that needs the one on one and thats the reason I did this. Forked over the cash cause I need this and my friends who do use diet garus spend more so hopefully we al get to goal soon. she told me 3 pounds a week was the average hmmm kind of high I thought but she says it wil work. We shall see take care and thanks for all your help I will be here everyday Ihave to have some support
Old 06-06-2002, 09:05 AM   #45  

Default hi :)

Hi Izzy Nice to have you with us. I started LA two months ago, and I had some of the same concerns. I'd tried to diet and exercise on my own, but I had trouble sticking to it. I thought a counselor would be someone for me to be accountable to, so I made an appointment at LA.

I was skeptical of the TakeOff juice, as it sounded like a crash diet, but I did it anyways. I lost 7.4 lbs, which greatly helped my motivation. Yes, it was probably a lot of water weight, but it was nice to see rapid results like that. After that, I began the gold plan. I bought a kitchen scale to weigh my food in, and it's become quite second-nature.

When you get into your plan, you realize it is not about "dieting." It's about changing your eating habits for life. Americans eat so much junk! I realized that the amount of junk I was putting into my body was really over the top, and I'd stopped appreciating sweets for what they are: occasional treats. When I have sweets and high-carb food all day long, those kinds of foods become almost "boring" to me, and I have to eat more to feel rewarded. It's almost like a drug. Diets don't work unless you're willing to change the way you live your life. After all, once you get the weight off, if you go back to binging you'll just gain the weight back. When you reach your goal weight, the counselors will give you more and more food allowances until they determine how much you can eat and still maintain your weight. It really is about learning how much food your body needs. This seems very common-sense to me, and I've been happy with my results.

Yes, it sucks to pay for the LA Lites, but they really are nice treats. It's really hard for me NOT to have chocolate, so the LA Lites keep me from buying candy. I'm a student, so I'm currently below the poverty line I inquired at my center about NOT using the LA Lites, and they told me that if I had to NOT use them, they would just adjust my plan. They can do similar things if you are vegetarian or do not like fruits or veggies. They'll adjust things, you just have to INSIST. I also chose NOT to buy the supplements. I just don't trust so-called "fat-blockers." And I'm broke. LoL

Remember that the people who work at LA AREN'T doctors. Most of them aren't nurses or even health care professionals. I looked into working there because they offer a large discount on their products, and they were ready to hire me with a BA in astronomy and physics. They are, at the core, salespeople. They receive a comission. So, some of them can be pushy with supplements, LA Lites, etc... just stand your ground and tell them what you want!! I am still deciding if I want to take a job with them in the Fall. It sure would make things easier in the $$$ department. We'll see.

The value of the program is learning how to eat and having someone to cheer for you (the counselors). The ones at my center are very nice, remember my name, and make me feel great when I've lost weight. This is the first "diet" that has worked for me, and I'm smaller now that I've been in at least 5 years. If it's not for you, I wish you the best in finding that perfect plan for you. Everyone is different and has different needs!
Closed Thread