Old 01-02-2009, 08:31 PM   #31  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. just thought i'd check in and say hi. dh is off doing army stuff tonight and then leaving at 6am tomorrow morning. at least it's only for 2wks this time. but still.

anyways..we took the kids out to a movie today and they had the best time! it was super fun. we've never done that with them before (they've gone to the movies before, just not with us) so it was great to see them all wide-eyed and excited!
we picked up a few things for the baby today..new bottles, a package of diapers and an outfit to come home in. we're trying to buy stuff here and there before she arrives since i don't think i'm having a baby shower (we just don't know that many people) so we're planning on buying everything ourselves. luckily i still have the crib mattress and carseats from the kids that i can reuse and hopefully a few clothes too.
it's weird buying baby stuff since it's been 3yrs since my last..i feel so stummped as to what to get..ugh. only four more months to go.

anyways..that's about it for me.

erin--thanks for the compliment. it's nice to hear, even though i feel huge. i know i look and feel so much better this time around than with my previous two. i'm glad to hear that you're on the right track to getting help. that makes me really happy.

amylou--congrats on finally getting to do your attorney stuff! yay! and awesome job on the exercise.

joni-- i have the leslie sansone 3mile dvd and love it. it's been so long since i've used it, sad to say. but it is a great dvd. i just put on my mp3 player and mute her..she is a bit too annoying for my taste. ha.

hi to katie, dan, cecilia, kim, amy! and welcome to the new peeps!

i'm jealous of all of you and your excitement with setting goals and joining challenges! wish i could be right there with you. i will be soon enough!

ok..gonna go and find something to occupy the rest of my evening. i've got a few books that i got off of ebay that i haven't cracked open yet. we'll see how that goes.

btw--NICOLE--where the heck are you girlie?
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 08:32 PM   #32  
WonderWoman

oh and julie--awesome job maintaining during the holidays!
i didn't mean to leave you out of my original post..i just rarely do personals..and that combined with my prego brain, it's not a good combination!

so if i left anyone else out..super sorry!
Old 01-02-2009, 10:11 PM   #33  
Amy

Hey Guys! Happy New Year! It looks like everyone’s off to a great start! Getting started is usually the hardest part!

Question for you guys. I know a lot of you use elliptical… My hubby says I can get one. I don’t know where to start. Any recommendations?? I don’t want to spend too much as $$ is tight, but I need some advice!

Amylou- congrats on being an “official” attorney! I was motivated by you and your walking DVD, so I went on eBay and bought the 5 disc set of Leslie Sansone. I LOVE eBay! I am making up a schedule for working out tonight. Alternating all my workout options! Hopefully it will keep it more FUN.

Jillian-2 weeks will fly by SO fast, you won’t believe it! Don’t worry about the competitions… you’ll be back before you know it. We don’t want you there anyways, cause you’ll kick our rear-ends!!! J/k…

Dan- sorry about New Years… I went to an event at my husband’s former church, so there were definitely no liquid starches. Just lots of kids running around screaming. Nature’s best birth control!

Julie- good job maintaining. The holidays are so hard sometimes!! AHH!!

Kim- Happy New Year!

Katie- lucky you and the laptop… I need a new one, but would rather spend the $$ on an elliptical…

Joni- I was in VA for the New Years, and there was no snow either! I am a Jersey girl and no snow here either!!! Yesss…

Kimberly R- Welcome back! Hope to see you on my team for TBL!

WithFaith- Welcome! (That is if you haven’t been here before…) Where in VA are you?? My in-laws are in Waynesboro. We are about the same stats… let’s keep each other on point!

Barbara B- good resolve with the Champagne!

DixieAmy- good luck with your 10lbs!!

Hello to Erin, Ceclila, Nicole, Lettie, Sige, Allanah, and the rest!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:05 PM   #34  
WonderWoman

amy--i got an elliptical about 4yrs ago for a good price at sears. check out their website, i'm thinking you'll find a good deal. mine is a nordictrack. i think it was about $500 or $600. i can't remember. i really love mine. but again..it's been about 5 months since i've used it. oops.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:34 AM   #35  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Happy Weekend all!

So glad to see that everyone is ready to make 2009 a happy and healthy year! I finally feel like I am ready. I think the new year and a new job gave me a new outlook. I'll take this change in attitude!

I walked the first 2 miles of Leslie's 4 mile CD this morning before work. So glad that others of you like her! Kimberly convinced me to buy her set from QVC last year and I love that I can rotate them. I'm thinking of buying her new 5-day DVD as well as Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. I've heard Jillian's is SUPER hard so I've been trying to wait until I think I'm ready. It's amazing how fast it goes by.

DF bought 'Rockband' for us tonight. Wow-so much fun! We've been rocking out for the past two hours. Does pounding on the drums count as exercise? I swear my arms are tired!

Jillian-you really do look like the cutest pregnant girl! How fun to take the kiddies to a movie, what did they see? Hold tight while DH is away. 2 weeks will be piece of cake!

Amyjersey-yay! Buying an elliptical over the laptop is a huge decision-good for you! I think you will love leslie, I agree with Jillian (her voice can get wearing) so I just mute after I've done it a couple times through and then listen to upbeat music.

Thanks Joni! Take Leslie for a 3 mile spin, it feels good! How much was she at Tuesday? I'm thinking of getting some new ones to add more variety.

Dixie Amy-Very good to see you!

Hi Erin! Hang in there girl! I think you'd be surprised how empowering a group meeting set-up can be. Maybe you should give it a try!

Hi Katie, Julie, WithFaith, Kimberly! Let's come back on Monday with great news of a POP weekend!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 07:58 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Hi Everybody!

Just popping in to say hi to some old friends. I'm back on the boards, although I'm not sure which plan I will be following to start off the new year with.

Just wanted to say HI. You all look great!

and wishing everybody a Happy and Healthy New year!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 12:54 PM   #37  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Hi Sherry...good to see you lurking around. Funny you should say that 'not sure which plan you are going to follow'...with LAWL pretty much going under everywhere....having a dedicated LAWL board seems kind of wrong...but we are all friends and this is where we go to chat. Personally I started Calorie Counting and Exercise and will try and make some new "friends" on that board as well....

Amy - I got the 3 mile DVD for $4.99 at Tuesday Morning.

Jersey - Have you thought about checking on Craigslist for a used Eliptical?? My only piece of advice for anyone buying anything is get on it and try it. I bought a treadmill 10+ years ago and still love it. I can swing my arms and I don't hit the side bar...the tread is long enough that I don't fall off the back if I want to take a long, slow stride....again...test it out. Get on it and start it up and move on it for five minutes.....then you'll know exactly what you are getting.

So, my team mate and I went and weighed in for our county's "Better Weight than Ever competition" - their scale was ultra cruel and had me at 177.5....that is the most I have ever seen on a scale. The gal admitted it was at least two lbs heavy....but it's the official weigh in for this four month competition. I'm psyched and ready to give it my all.....I have to go work out and come up with a team name......

Take care....

Oh, I saw these cute quotes on another thread:
Quote:
Those who think they have no time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness. - Edward Stanley, the Earl of Derby, 1873
Quote:
Failure is not an option, so choose something else.

Last edited by Joni135; 01-03-2009 at 12:55 PM.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 02:49 PM   #38  
on Changing Sizes plan C

S/C/G: 220/171/140

Height: 5'11"

Default Lost over the Holidays!

Hello Everyone - Happy New Year to all! I have had 0 time to be online the past couple of weeks, but the good news is I was not only able to not cheat to much over the holidays, I actually lost 5 lbs - with all the eating out, family get togeathers, and more than a little drinking, I am so happy! Good start to a new year - hope you all have the same.

Jenn...
Jenniferk2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 05:02 PM   #39  
Almost To Goal

S/C/G: 210/210/170

Height: 5' 8.5"

I didn't stay on plan over the holidays, but did stay the same weight...guess the metabolism kicked in! Yay!!
Sige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:17 PM   #40  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi Sherry, good to see you!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:49 PM   #41  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

WOW, I am impressed by everyones personals. I suck at that. I love love love Leslie Sansone. I bought her Waist Slimming belt and dvd today and cant wait to use it (if I would ever get away from 3FC! LOL).

As you can probably see <---- over there, I am trying out WW now. I was so disappointed in the LAWL on the go counselors giving me such wrong information about my plan and about breastfeeding. So I am going to see how this works. I hope you all dont mind me hangin' out here! I am always a LAWL'er at heart!!!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:50 PM   #42  

Joni, My WW quote is "Thou shall not weigh more than thy refigerator." I love it.

BTW, Does Felicia still hang around here? I havent seen (or I have missed) any posts from her!
Old 01-04-2009, 10:10 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Kimberly - I'm leaning more toward WW again as well at this point. I NEED to go into someplace, pay somebody and it seems to hold me more accountable. I was really disappointed when my COD closed, because it was working for me. But, I do know that WW works too.
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:52 PM   #44  
Amy

Hey GUys!

Just wanted to check in before signing off to watch NFL Playoffs (E-A-G-L-E-S!!!)

THanks for the advice regarding the elliptical...

Kimberly R & Dolphin- I too am on WW... let's keep each other accountable! But I too am a LAWL'r at heart!

Have agreat day~!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:59 PM   #45  

Oh Amy! I quit watching the playoffs after the colts lost last night! They were my #2 team (Cowboys are my #1!!!)