Old 08-28-2008, 12:43 PM   #106  
Uggg... I goofed again.

S/C/G: 200/200/120

Height: 5'3"

Spryng - I am so glad that you are feeling better. I can't wait, I have a quiet-home day tomorrow and I am going to love it!

Ya know, I am willing to post when I don't make my goal. It frustrates me, but I do it anyway. We all goof up sometimes. I get tired of being on the treadmill for an hour every morning. This morning I could only squeak 20 minutes out of myself. It'll all be fine.

I check back later!
sassybiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 01:05 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hi Everyone! Sorry I haven't been around. I did get my book read but I got way off track last week with any kind of exercise. So I'm going to make this a fresh start on Sept. 1 and start with the baseline that I have figured at 5989 steps. But I know when I get on the treadmill or the Gazelle I usually get in at least 9,000 steps in or more. I'll try to post more often now too. It is just so frustrating trying to keep things ready to show and sell and tend to everyday things PLUS get in my steps. BUT I WILL DO IT!!!! Have to think positive!!
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:20 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 137/132/122

Height: 5' 3"

I got my steps in today. All 14,000+. I got in some weight training in the morning. Then I had errands in town. I walked around a lake in a park for 45 minutes after eating lunch. That was a nice change.

I had a rest day last Sunday, which was good. The problem is that my goal for the month counted that as a 13,000 step day and I actually did about 6,000 steps.

The treadmill is supposed to be delivered next Tuesday. A neighbor is going to help get the beast in the house. At least it doesn't have to go up or down stairs.

I am glad you're still with us Karen. I am going to be posting in the 50+ September Accountability thread. It is time for me to pay more careful attention to my diet.

Last edited by CatR; 08-28-2008 at 11:58 PM.
CatR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 01:09 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Afternoon all!

well this will be my last post for this weekend, we are headed out of town arounf 4pm and I've been working all morning on packing, laundry and cleaning (I have this thing about having the house immaculate to come home too) I'm still feeling better but I woke up so sore this morning and my head throbbing off my shoulders, but I hit the excedrin and I'm feeling much better so hopefully I'm completely over the flu now and cross your fingers that none of the kids come down with it while we are gone, lol..
Anyway, my steps have still been shy of my goal the past two days but with being sick I was just too tired to get on the treadmill, I did stay within my calories but I did my official weigh in this morning and I don't know if it's the flu or what but I was up two more lbs!!! how is that possible! I have not been over eating at all.. so I'm hoping it just water retention, we'll know for sure next week

anyway, everyone have a great day and holiday weekend and I will check back in on monday!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:43 PM   #110  

Spryng: It is best not to worry about steps when you are sick. You need to let your body get well. Glad to hear you are doing better in time for your trip. You'll know better what your weight is after you have gotten back into your old routine.

I had a nice long walk this morning and am up to 12,200 steps so far. So this will be another day when I make my goal of 13,000.

I am going to make a point of posting every day no matter what. If I am not posting, it usually means I am running amok: not eating right, not exercising, not weighing myself (like that is going to keep the damage from happening).
Old 08-29-2008, 03:56 PM   #111  
Uggg... I goofed again.

Me too! I'm going to try to post daily too. I read it everyday... now I just have to admit things. I am worried about not making my steps today, but I am going to sit on the couch anyway. I'll get up in a little bit.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:47 PM   #112  

Got out for a pleasant walk this morning. There is a doe with 2 fawns in our area.

DH and I are celebrating Labor Day weekend by staying home. Temperatures are supposed to drop into the 70's for the next couple of days so that will be a nice change. I'll be getting out for some weeding with the cooler temps.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:42 PM   #113  

Hi Everybody! Well, between walking outside and doing the Gazelle today I got in 15238 steps! But after watching about a 350 pound bear watch me I decided that most of my walking will have to be done inside now! They are getting ready for Winter and I don't want to be on their menu!! He was pretty big!

Have a great rest of the Holiday weekend!
Old 08-31-2008, 09:41 AM   #114  
Uggg... I goofed again.

Hello everyone!
I can’t believe it, but here we are… the last day of August. It’s been an interesting month for me. I hurt my knee and went on a trip where I didn’t get enough steps. It seems that all I’ve done this month is try to catch up! I have to get about 17,000 steps for my final catch-up and I will make my goal for the month. WHOO-HOO! I can’t believe that I might actually make it! I got on the scale this morning and it said 190… I started the month at 196, so I’m losing 1.2-1.5 pounds per week. I wish it was a little faster, but at least it’s fairly steady.

I finally found a TV for my exercise room. We went everywhere yesterday and I ended up buying one at a pawn shop. I’ve never bought anything at a pawn shop before. Quite the experience. I did, however, get a TV for $30, so I’m happy. I watched (2) shows yesterday and had no problem being on the treadmill for an hour. It helps with the boredom! I know this sounds silly, but I always worry when I buy something used. I like to meet the person that is selling it. I don't want to bring bad energy into my home. I kinda worry that the TV was stolen and it brings bad energy with it. My DH thinks I'm nutty, but that's just the way I feel about it.

I finally got to play with the Wii Fit last night. OMG! I cannot believe how fun it is! My DH and DS played too, which made it a nice family activity at home. We hula-hooped, which my DS looked like he was convulsing… the boys just got no rhythm. LOL! It was one of the funniest things I’ve seen in a while. All in all, I recommend it. I had a great time and played with it for about 45 minutes. My DS played for an hour!

Our friend (Keith), my DH and FIL are all gone to buy a hot rod for Keith. He’s been looking for quite some time and finally found one. So right now, it’s just DS and I at home and its nice. He’s playing the Wii Fit right now. I’m torn… do I limit his time on it? How long is too long? I’ll make him leave the house and play in a little bit. For right now, I’m liking the quiet time.

I’ve started a September thread, so post there starting tomorrow. Here it is: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...06#post2341106

Last edited by sassybiscuit; 08-31-2008 at 09:54 AM.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:23 PM   #115  

Hello Everyone--- Well, I didn't get many steps in today darn it. Only 6474 so far and it is already 8:15 pm. I am a little upset too-- I was just getting on the Gazelle when I noticed a baby fawn outside that was hurt. I watched and his/her left back leg was just flopping when he walked. I called our sherrif (couldn't find a # for dept. of wildlife) and they had the wildlife dept. call me. In the meantime, saw another baby that was also hurt and a doe! we heard shooting this afternoon and thought it was probably someone target shooting but then thought this was a little to coincidental. The DOW said they can get along pretty well on 3 legs and if they are up and walking they just leave them alone. I couldn't believe it. I know we live up in the mountains but still you would think they would come and check to see what was going on with them.
So I will just have to do better tomorrow. Sorry about the rant! I just feel bad that they wouldn't even come out!
Old 09-01-2008, 12:21 AM   #116  

I am afraid I am going to have to say good-bye. I developed a physical problem in May--can't really go into it in a public forum, but it isn't life-threatening. Surgery isn't a good option--I'll end up with my physical activities more limited than I will when I learn to work with it. I had hoped to be able to maintain my normal activities while I worked through this---I do have alternatives--but I've gotten somewhat worse, so am going to have to back off a while I learn how to live with it.

It has been fun chatting with you all this summer. Happy stepping.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:09 AM   #117  
Uggg... I goofed again.

Oh CatR, I hope things look up and make sure you take care of yourself. I'm so sorry to see you go. It sounds like you have the determination to make it through anything.