Old 07-30-2008, 03:09 PM   #1  
Terri

S/C/G: 240/236/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Help! I got a bad counselor at LA Weight loss

I am currently in LA Weightloss. I am not doing well there. My counselor is young and is so into her own world she does a lousy job. She is always talking to the other people that work there while I am there to talk to her. I asked her why I was having to eat so much and why it wasn't working to well. She just said "It's your weightloss babe, you must be doing something wrong". YA HELLO!! She just wants to get you in and out of there asap so she can go back to her friends. I paid 700.00 to go there because they promised to help me and talk to me and help me through it. I mean they should at least take 10 min. to see if you are having a good or bad week. I am in and out in about 3 minutes. I feel so ripped off. But what can I do. Maybe I just got a bad worker but I haven't been back and I really want to go. It is so depressing. I know I can do it with a little possitive support (that was promised). She is a sweet girl but just not for me. Can I switch and go to another center?
2fat4me2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 03:21 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

I dont know anything about LAweight loss but i would call and explain your situation and it is their job to make sure you are happy and losing weight.
good luck and let us know how things are going.
debi
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 03:30 PM   #3  

I don't have any experience with LA Weightloss, but I had a similiar problem with another weightloss company about 7 years ago (egads, I've been at this that long!) I'll preface by saying this is from my personal experience with this company. Anyway, they worked on me for weeks, calling my home, doing everything they could to get me to be a lifetime member. When I caved and passed the cash, it was like flipping a switch. They had no time for me. All of the staff who had initially been breaking their backs to be pleasant just seemed to fade away once I had committed. I had a horrible counseler who was there to make a buck and could careless if I lost weight or not. Then I got passed back and forth to whoever was "available" which gave me no continuity and I felt like I was talking to a stranger each time I went in. I should have complained to the corporate headquarters (the manager was the one who would call me at home and remind me of all of the benefits of being a life member). It was a long drive to the center and in the end, I decided it was a life lesson and vowed to do it on my own, which I did. I lost 70 pounds after that.

Whatever you decide to do, remember you come first. Ask for another counseler. You can say she's a nice girl, but you don't connect. If you have to, complain to the corporate headquarters. $700.00 is a lot of money to pay for inadequate service.

Good Luck!
Miz M

Last edited by mizm; 07-30-2008 at 03:30 PM.
mizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 03:49 PM   #4  
Terri

Unhappy LA Weight loss thing

I hate to do that because I have to go back there three times a week and she would know I complained about her. I would love to see anyone but her though. I did go to their web site and told them what was up. I hope someone will fix this.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:16 PM   #5  
Terri

what does it mean when it says moved by your post?
Old 07-30-2008, 04:50 PM   #6  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

just means that the moderators moved your orginal post to a place that was more appropriate
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

A week or so ago, someone wrote in with the same problem. Someone else gave great advice, and although I don't remember who it was, I'll repeat it: When this happens in the office, with the girl talking to everybody else but you, tell her that you can see you're here at a bad time for her, and say you'll reschedule for another time when she can clear some time for just you.
You DID get a bad counsellor, but maybe give her a chance to smarten up before you complain to the manager.
Switching to another center sounds like a good idea, ask headquarters if you can. Good luck!
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:26 AM   #8  
And we're Off!

S/C/G: I have a ticker!

Height: 5'5"

Hey Terri,
sorry you had a bad experience. My cod lost their 2 employees last week and now I am dealing with corprate people who don't know me or...
so I understand how you feel.
These are just my opinions but, If changing to another center is feasible for you, you can actually do that and just claim it's more convienient. However, I would give her or that center another chance. And it's totally your right to let them know what happened and how that made you feel. This is a service you are paying for. At the end of the day you are the one making life changes and losing weight.
Welcome to lawl, this is a great group on here and I think you will find some great information.
durdansgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:55 PM   #9  
Almost To Goal

S/C/G: 210/210/170

Height: 5' 8.5"

I had an issue with the counselor giving me *attitude face* when I said I was not going to purchase the bars.

I said to her..."Great. Now you look at me like I'm a lesser person and I still have to come back three times a week. If this is going to work for me, I need a good relationship with all of you. *sniff, sniff...teary eyes*"

It's been great ever since!
Sige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:54 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Terri, I saw a lot of different counselors when I was going to LAWL, some were good, some where rather clueless. Have you had any good experiences with another counselor. Really, you often get a different counselor every time, so just because there is one dud, doesn't mean they are all bad, and even on different days, different counselors that I didn't find all that helpful had their moments. Sometimes it is really hard when they have a program and you are not losing on it and are frustrated. Some counselors are only good to go to on a week when you have a good loss. Anyway, you paid the money and they should help you. Go back and see if you end up with someone else. Ask about switching plans and ask to talk to someone who can switch you. Sometimes they will then pass you on to the more senior councelor who will do something good for you. Happened for me, after awhile without losing, I asked, I got shifted over, and the new counselor moved me from Purple to Blue, and I lost really well for a long time after that. So anyway, I know that a bad counselor can put a horrible taste in your mouth, and if she is so bad, she is not likely to last for long there anyway. I had some great counselors and some that are kind of jerks. I particularly liked one gal who had lost a significant amount of weight herself and was no young girl.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote