Old 07-31-2008, 01:50 AM   #1  
banned

Default whey protein for weightloss

did anyone read the article in womans world mag 1-2 weeks ago about the effects of a 60g supplement works so well? has anyone tried it? i am about to restart ww&am thinking of adding 40g(i usually only eat 2x a day) would to hear if anyone is or has tried it.
andreaphilip3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 129/see ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

I didn't read the article, but I have been taking whey protein for the past few months regularly since I've been working out heavily. I've also taken in it the past when working out. It's just one of the best protein supplements that your body easily absorbs.

My personal favorite is Solgar Whey to Go (70 cal, <1g fat, 1g carbs, 16g protein). Not because the taste is spectacular or anythings, it's just that their products are really high quality, good and clean/pure... no junk in them.

I have 3 meals a day and 2 snacks... the whey being one of the snacks (after weight training). I believe it's good support for weight loss. I've lost 23 lbs in the last few months and dropped down 8% body fat... from eating clean (incl whey), watching calories, weight training, and cardio. Whey protein wont help anyone lose weight on its own but it will provide excellent support... it's also good for your immunity.
Taurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:28 AM   #3  
it's always something

I read part of a study that casein protein causes more fat loss and more muscle gain than whey protein. However, either route was still with a low calorie diet and lots of exercise. Including the protein without the other changes would not have been effective.

Andrea, do you really only eat twice a day? Have you considered trying smaller but more frequent meals? This seems to help a lot of dieters.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:49 PM   #4  
banned

congrats taurie!!!

hey suzanne thanks yeah i know it has to be with a diet i would hope amyone would realize that. if not thatd be scary! hehe. yeah i eat 2x a day but im on ww core so since i get to eat a lot of food its 2 large core meals b/c i like sleep in&then a couple of hrs at the gym and then its dinner time.
andreaphilip3 is offline   Reply With Quote