Old 07-22-2008, 02:40 PM   #31  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Sometimes I think it is better to be busy at times like this. It is those quiet moments that make it difficult.

And girl......14 KIDS????? Are you freakin nuts? . I do remember those busy daycare days. I have been tempted to get back to that....but I am trying to keeep my expenses low instead. Are you still happy doing daycare?

Erin.....love the new pic!

I just steam cleaned my family room. Oh how I love things that are clean. I have much more work to do........but that was my goal for the day...so I am trying to be satisfied with that

Big hellos to everyone else. I will check in again later
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 04:33 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 194.6/194.6/163

Height: 5.5

Thumbs up

I wanted to share something with you all:

I bought this booklet/magazine called Walk Off The Weight and it's a 28-day walking program for weight loss. I started last Saturday, when I decided to go back on purple plan. It's 3 day of walking, 2 days of strength exercises, 1 day of your favourite cardio (belly dancing) and the last day off. The booklet contains 28 days of exercise routine written out, with times, intensity, repetition numbers, etc. It also has a chapter about food, some recipes, few extra exercises if you wish to do more, or something different, and you can also log your food there.

How cool is that?
apple76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 05:15 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Katie, So sorry to hear that your grandma passed. No matter how much of a relief it is, there is also sadness. I bet those relatives that were "too busy" to help her out now wish they had made more time. "only 7"???? Oh my gosh... I think I would be freaking out if someone left 7 children with me. Not that I don't like kids, only that I'm not used to so many at once.

Nicole, I love the way my house smells when the rug is clean. You are so industrious. I'm always somewhat alarmed by the amount of dirt that comes out of the carpet though.

I am enjoying plan 3 no lites a great deal.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 05:49 PM   #34  
Post-Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraB View Post
I am enjoying plan 3 no lites a great deal.
Change is good, isn't it?
XOXO
Old 07-22-2008, 07:30 PM   #35  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. a late check-in for me today. it hasn't been my day today..i don't even wanna get into. but will someone do me a favor? please say a prayer for me? that everything will work out like it's suppose to? because right now i'm very discouraged and getting more and more frustrated with things going on right now that i can barely take it. ughhh! how many more hurdles does God think i can jump over? because right now i'm being knocked down by them!

ok..sorry. thanks for that.

i'll be back tomorrow.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:21 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Jillian, Consider yourself prayed for. Hope tomorrow goes more your way. God obviously thinks you are a good jumper.

Nicole, Change is definitely good. I just wanted to see if I did better without the sugar and soy of the bars for awhile. Afterall, I don't think even LAWL expects people to eat two bars a day for the rest of their lives.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:40 PM   #37  
Post-Master

Hang in there Jillian. Some days it really sucks being a strong woman.

Barbara...........I so hear you on the lites. I have been toying around with variations of lites cuz I am a bit bored, however, I do really feel good when I am doing the all food plan......almost empowered that I can do it without any gimics or anything. And I am not anti-lite.....it is just nice to not have to worry about them sometimes...and it gives you a little more freedom with your menus.

I hope you all had a good day.....and a OP one at that. I will see you all in the a.m.
XOXO
Old 07-23-2008, 07:47 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Afterall, I don't think even LAWL expects people to eat two bars a day for the rest of their lives.
Not sure I can agree with you on that one! LOL! Sometimes it feels like they are trying to sell me a lifetime supply!!!
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:20 AM   #39  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Afterall, I don't think even LAWL expects people to eat two bars a day for the rest of their lives.
Nope ... just 1 a day, since that is what you get on maintenance.
krjpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:25 AM   #40  
Post-Master

Good morning eveyone

Well, my sclae is doing it's awful mean tricks today. I did super good on my first week back OP, and had a huge loss......and of course, now, this week, it is showing me up 0.6 lbs.........and I know the way this goes........but it always sucks to see those numbers go up. I am going to stay OP, I am going to be good, and I am going to stay positive!!! "Cuz I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggonit, people like me!" (Stuart Smalley SNL)

Anyway.......Katie.....are you hanging in there? I hope the universe is still coopertating

Ok, time to work. Stick with it ladies! And Dan.........did you put out all the fires yet? I don't know how Liz can put up with all that.......
XOXO
Old 07-23-2008, 10:33 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 170.4 / TICKER / 150

Height: 5'6

Good Morning!
I have wondered if all the sugar in the lites are more hurtful than helpful?

I lost great last 3 weeks, now I gained a few (well not technically, went from a.m. WI to p.m.) and scale hasn't budged at all. I am feeling very discouraged that I will never get it off at this rate...arggg. I am supposed to go in today, but I weighed at home and already know there is no loss.

Any good tips on how to stay focused when all you want is a box of cookies because you feel like a failure?

Kelly I have a 5K route DH and I like to walk/jog. Great job on all yours, it's not easy!
erin1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:36 AM   #42  
Post-Master

Erin............I am feeling your pain today!!! It really will be ok. Stay strong!!!!

So I was just browsing Craig's list when I remembered that I had a dream, or shall we call it a nightmare, that I was trying on XL and 2XL pajamas, and my arms were too fat for them. I was like the fat guy in a little coat. That is horrible......even in my stinkin dreams I am a fatty boombalatty!!!
XOXO
P.S. Erin.......I am going to try to walk on my treadmill today. I put an exercise ticker up, but haven't touched it yet. Maybe that will help me feel more empowered.........

Last edited by Mama Nicole; 07-23-2008 at 10:37 AM.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:55 AM   #43  
WonderWoman

hey everyone. just checking in today. i have lots going on and lots to do.
i'm leaving on saturday to go to NC to pick up DH and then we're buying a car down there (because i still don't have one) and driving it back to SD. so it should be a fun roadtrip and quality time for us. i decided this last weekend as i was trying to fall asleep..and i thought it was a crazy idea, but dh loved it, so we're doing it. it's going to be pretty expensive all around...but i don't care! he has to stay in NC for 10-12 days to get all of his processing stuff done, so i figured why should he be alone there while i'm alone here. so that's what we're doing. and i've been scrambling all this week to get stuff taken care of an arranged for going there..and the military isn't helping things much by changing the dates, times, etc.
and trying to find a car and get financing together before i go hasn't been the smoothest either. but i'm getting there.
so that's what i've been stressing about and trying to do since saturday. ugh! now i'm working on cleaning the house and getting stuff packed.
the only bummer is...i had a whole homecoming thing planned for dh, including a dress (which he's never seen me in a dress...ever!) so i wanted to wear it on the plane, but don't think it'd be a good idea since i'm leaving the house at like 530am and i have 3 plane changes and won't get there until 330pm..so it may look a bit wrinkled by the time i get there. so i may just save it until we get back. we'll see.

ok..i'm going to finish my espresso and then i'm off for more cleaning.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:25 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 170.4 / TICKER / 150

Height: 5'6

Nicole, excercise always helps me stay on track. I wish I could have tickers, but I am too new. Sux.

I couldn't imagine how big those arms would need to be!!!

Hey Jillian I am on plan 2 with lites, have you ever done plan 2 without lites? I love them, but just wondering if you would be more succesful without them? Reply if you have time, looks like you are one busy woman right now!!
erin1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:29 AM   #45  
WonderWoman

erin..i have done plan 3 without lites before, but i found that i was cheating with sweets more when i didn't do the luna bars. i'm not a fan of the actual LA Lites because of all the sugar and the lack of soy protein. the luna bars are so much better and healthier, in my opinion. but i went back to doing the luna bars after about 2 months and i found that i didn't cheat because i had the luna bar to satisfy my sweet tooth.
i guess it just depends how strong your cravings for sweets are..and mine are huge! so that's why i'm more successful with them, than without.
but that's just me. i know that there are many people that do the plan without the bars and are just as successful. in the end, it's up to your own individual preference.
hope that helps a bit!