3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   personal experience with Bodybugg/Sensewear (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/146354-personal-experience-bodybugg-sensewear.html)

momof2gr8kids 08-07-2008 09:47 AM

Ordering from Sensewear question

Those who have been able to order from Sensewear Directly...how did you ever end up getting ahold of them? I have been trying for the last 3 or 4 days to call and email them with no response.

pintobean 08-07-2008 09:52 AM

For SenseWear Bodymedia

I received a phone call from them at one point. I know it was frustrating as I didn't get a response to my email for like 2 days. But I called her back after well debating whether I should buy or not and she was nice on the phone. Oh and I did have to call couple times to get hold of her. I'll PM you the person I contacted...you can try her too. I believe she's in Pittsburg. If she cannot help you I'm sure she'll give you info as to whom to call. Leave her a message and your contact info to call back.

Hope this helps :D

kuhljeanie 08-07-2008 09:59 AM

another update, since i was having the uploading issue again - apparently sensewear has discovered a problem with the plastic they used in the new version. if you sweat a lot it develops micro-cracks which can interfere with the ability to upload data. i got them on the phone this morning, and they apologized profusely, said they switched to a different supplier and corrected the problem. then said that i'd get a brand new one - tomorrow. once it shows up i can ship them the old one.

so, that may explain the slowness of response. obviously it's not optimal, because they're clearly understaffed to handle it - but they're doing the right thing and they seem totally willing to accept responsibility and take care of it as soon as they can.

momof2gr8kids 08-07-2008 10:13 PM

Thanks for the contact info, pintobean!

I called her although she's not the rep for my area (I'm in FL), she put me in touch with another rep who serves my area, and sent her an email with my email address and phone #. My rep called me today, but I missed her call. She did say to try back early a.m., as that was the best time to call. I'll try that tomorrow. My rep quoted on the phone the same price.

It was kind of funny, because the contact you gave me asked for your name, and I told her that I got the referral from an online bulletin board, but I didn't think she'd recognize you if I told her "Pintobean" referred me! :D

pintobean 08-08-2008 07:52 AM

momof2gr8kids, :lol: No I don't think she would have recognized my screen name. I'm glad you got through a rep in your area. I can understand how frustrating it can get. Well, let us know your progress and experience with SenseWear once you get it. I just can't wait to get it :D

kuhljeanie, Thank you for that update. That is indeed very helpful information. I'm going to contact my rep and find out if I'll be getting the newer version or the old version. I'm glad they switched the supplier and are giving you a brand new one.

pintobean 08-08-2008 09:46 AM

Oh I'm so excited...I just received an email saying that Bodymedia shipped my SenseWear yesterday and is scheduled for delivery today. Yippee!!! :D

Thank you all again for all the detailed info...I will keep you all posted about my experience with it.

Update: I asked my rep if they're sending me the new improved version with the better plastic and she said she doesn't think they're sending them out yet. So if mine breaks or anything happens they'll replace it for free. Oh well :(

ndnguy85 08-08-2008 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pintobean (Post 2307315)
Oh I'm so excited...I just received an email saying that Bodymedia shipped my SenseWear yesterday and is scheduled for delivery today. Yippee!!! :D

Thank you all again for all the detailed info...I will keep you all posted about my experience with it.

Update: I asked my rep if they're sending me the new improved version with the better plastic and she said she doesn't think they're sending them out yet. So if mine breaks or anything happens they'll replace it for free. Oh well :(

congratulations.

i gotta say it has helped me out a lot. before i got the bugg i was counting calories and protein etc. like crazy but i was starting to get frustrated. i was eating around 1700 and i just thought i was burning over 2300. but with the bugg i realized..i was only doing 2000. now i have added a low intensity 50min walk in the morning along with my normal workout in the afternoon.

it's starting to make sense number wise too.

the last 10 days i created a deficit of ~5200 calories total. that's about 1.5lbs of fat..

my weight dropped from 141.6 to 140..which is 1.6lbs. :)

seems pretty close to me..

my daily goals are 2300/1800.

realistically i am doing:
burned: ~2250
intake: ~1700

momof2gr8kids 08-09-2008 09:08 AM

My Sensewear is on the way too!

Well, now count me in as another of the armband crew!

I finally hooked up with my rep yesterday, ordered my sensewear armband and she told me it would be shipped out that day! It is scheduled to be delivered to my office Tuesday....yipppeee!!! :carrot::carrot: Thanks to Pintobean for the contact info..that did help expedite things! It's not like I was waiting forever, but once I decide I want something I pretty much want it like right now! :p (my spoiled brat smiley).

Thanks, ndnguy85, for that detailed info....seems like the bugg is quite accurate and will be so helpful in revealing those issues I have like overestimating burn and underestimating intake. Being a numbers person (CPA here) I really feel like this is the perfect thing to keep me on track, plus I am in love with the technology of the thing.....I can't get over the coolness of it! I'm ready to go sell the little BUGG(ers) to everyone! Can you tell I am a little excited!?

Oh, almost forgot...I paid $459 plus shipping of $12.95 and I had to pay FL sales tax of 6%. They must have offices or ship out of FL. It included 6 months subscription to the online program.
It was just over $500 total for me because of the tax. But if it works the way everyone says, it will be well worth it. If I could add up all the $ I've paid for diet books, Jenny Craig food, etc. it would be soooo much more than that. The rep also mentioned that currently the online program costs $5 a week standalone. They are revamping the cost structure of it, so she said I can look forward to the cost of the monthly/weekly subscription going down significantly. She didn't say how much, though. So that's a good thing!

pintobean 08-09-2008 09:37 PM

I have a problem here...I charged my SenseWear before registering the armband and now it seems to pick up info as if I burned calories without even wearing the band. I registered the armband today and I haven't worn the band yet but in Summery it is showing I've burned 1500 calories when that's impossible. I never even had the thing on my arm how the heck did it calculate that I burned 1500 calories. This is very frustrating.

How do I erase the calories burned information and start from scratch? Please any help would be appreciated.

ndnguy85 08-10-2008 11:01 AM

your body is burning calories 24 hours a day...the minute you started the program, it started estimating your calories. average person burns about 70-80 calories per hour even when sleeping.

i signed up onto the program on friday and i didnt wear the armband till monday but it still estimated by calories based on formulas for fri, sat, sun.

after all this is all just based on formulas and algorithms. when you wear the armband, the formulas are customized for you because of data it gathers. so it's more accurate.

everytime you download the data, the armband is reset and thats when it clears.

no need to be frustrated. just wear it as much as you can and uploaded whenever you can. it will start making sense in a couple of days.

pintobean 08-10-2008 03:02 PM

Oh ok...thanks :D

It was just strange to me thats all...since I know I'd definitely had not worn the band and it showing I'd burned 1500 calories was just enough to make me wonder if this is going to work or not if this is what it does.

osu2k1 08-10-2008 10:20 PM

Hi! I am new to the thread and I have used the bodybugg for a while. I used it for 8-10 wks last Sept-October-November, then I got pregnant. I stopped using it during that time (waste of my online subscription-but I wasn't working out). Anyway, I just restarted it last week and am back in the gym!

Last year there weren't as many people using the BB and it's great to see it being used more. I really love it! And after seeing the screenshots of the sensawear, I really love the look of that program more. Yes, there are things that the program are missing (like being able to see what the sodium, cheolesterol, fiber content are in all the foods you eat/log).

But I never thought I was burning as much as I really was! My trainer has me on a 1200-1500 calorie plan with at least a 1000 cal deficit for the day. Now I am working on getting to that low of calories, but I am working on it! Last year before I got PG, I had lost 18 lb. So I am looking forward to using this little life saver to loose at least 100 lb! :)

ndnguy85 08-10-2008 11:24 PM

wierd i was thinking the same thing..i was like man i wish i knew the details of each food i log..not just the total.

i am waiting for the new bugg to come out so i can make my decision on staying with the bugg or switching over to sensewear.

pintobean 08-12-2008 08:27 AM

How do you guys calculate the Body Fat %? I know it's optional info on the web software in SenseWear. I just wanted to know if you guys had a separate device or something that calculated that for you.

I'll be uploading the data from the armband tonight. I'm looking forward to it :D I didn't upload it before cuz I wanted to wear it for couple days to see patterns and how my body works. Will keep you guys posted.

ndnguy85 08-12-2008 01:18 PM

i use a caliper.

you can use either a caliper or do the one on the scale. but remember, stick with one tool. when we do it ourselves, it's going to be wrong but our job is to be wrong consistently.

it's only there to track a trend. not omg i am 12.3%, i want to be 12.4!!!"

i am interested to see your calorie requirements and your reaction.

what do u currently estimate it to be?