3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Losers and Friends - July 14 - July 20 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/146314-losers-friends-july-14-july-20-a.html)

BarbaraB 07-16-2008 04:39 PM

Aw, Katie, that is just awful!!!!! I know that you will get it back together and figure out a way to get back on track so you don't follow in your mom's foot steps. They say each BMI point increase in weight corresponds to about an 8% increase in breast and colon cancer risk. I know that food seems like such a comfort, but what a lousy friend it is to us. If you poured out your heart to any other friend and they snuck an extra 20 pounds on your frame and made you feel like a fat failure, well you'd never talk to them again, but we go right back to our junk food whenever we are at our weakest. Personally, I got a bit mad at the junk. Look what you have done to me you jerks! So I suppose it is not rational to have it out with a bag of fries, but perhaps sometimes it is necessary to recognize who the enemy is, and stop pretending that it is some friend we have some control over.

JLem311 07-16-2008 05:10 PM

katie, i'm so sorry to hear about your mom. i wish i could be there to give you a hug.

Mama Nicole 07-16-2008 05:28 PM

Katie...........glad you shared with all of us :) I 100% agree with you on not wanting to bring negativity to the boards........however..........this is real life. This is not you crying about how LAWL has failed you......this is not you blaming everyone else for your successes and failures.......this is just some crappy stuff that is going on with you and yours.......and these are the things we all need to know........we are FRIENDS and losers :)

I sure wish I could take a day or two for you, physically and metally....and just let you rest. I always used to think it would be so nice some days to just crawl in a hole somewhere.........only trouble is.......you can't leave your brain behind you!!!!

How is your mom feeling with the Chemo? I hope she is not too ill. It affects people sooooo differently. That just sucks about her hair. When my aunt lost her hair, she suddenly became intereted in wearing make-up. How is your mom feeling about her hairloss?

And about making you cry.........you know me.......that's what I'm here for....at your service :lol: :hug:

And Barbara...........you are sooooooo right. It's kind of like cigarettes. bizzaire, isn't it?

Ok, back to work for me:) I am going to start a menu thread......and I am going to be completely honest!
XOXO

Mom_of_3_Monsters 07-16-2008 09:36 PM

Katie - :hug:

krjpy 07-17-2008 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mama Nicole (Post 2272455)
ps........i put a new pic in my profile too :)
And of course, here is baby Maria :)
http://inlinethumb22.webshots.com/34...425x425Q85.jpg

Nicole - OMG she is SO Beautiful!

JLem311 07-17-2008 10:09 AM

morning everyone. just sitting here having some coffee and thought i'd say hi.
hope everyone has a good day.

Dan2112 07-17-2008 10:15 AM

Doing the same thing, myself Jillian.. But for some reason the coffee is souring my stomach, so I think I'll get an early start on my water intake...

No sterling words from me at this point today.. :lol: Just get out there and be one with your POP!!!

JLem311 07-17-2008 10:26 AM

morning dan! i only brew one kind of coffee. it's ethiopia sidamo from starbucks (of course since i get it for free) it's got wonderful citrusy/lemony notes--i love it. i usually drink it with a luna bar (either a lemon one or berry almond) it's great. :)
hope your stomach feels better after some water.

Repo girl 07-17-2008 10:30 AM

Morning everyone! Thanks all of you for your kind and wise words. I have taken a good look at my food intake and decided that these are my main issues:
1- No protein at breakfast. I have just been eating toast and coffee.
2- Major lack of water
3- Very little protein at lunch. I have not been planning well, and usually end up snacking on junk instead.
4- Very few fruits, sometimes days with none, also shy on veggies.
5- Mixers like mojito and margarita a lot, which have a lot of carbs.

So, this morning I started back onto the red plan. I had an egg, a slice of toast, honeydew, and a cup of coffee. There are a lot of things in my life that I cannot control right now, but food does not have to be one of them.

JLem311 07-17-2008 10:34 AM

oh katie! i'm so happy to read your post this morning! you sound like you're taking full control over the food part of your life. :) you sound like you're ready to take this on and do your best! that's so great. i'm very excited for you! hope you're doing ok. i've been thinking about you.

Dan2112 07-17-2008 11:41 AM

Way to go Katie!! Great job taking stock.. There's a reason why we've all had to fill out those diaries with the plan... They can be really telling...

I've been having protein problems with breakfast too.. Time was that I could get buy with a Lite and Fit Smoothie, a cup of coffee and some fruit. However, I find now that if I don't eat something more substantial most mornings, I'm STARVING by 10 am...

So play around with it, get your starches in early and see what happens.. You'll be a big loser again in no time!

Jillian - We normally drink Yuban or Trader Joe's here at the office.. I bring in some Gevalia from home too.. Sometimes I'll pick up a bag of Sumatra from Wal Mart.. That one has a pretty strong kick to it... I think, however, I've been drinking too much coffee lately and it's starting to affect me a little... Feeling better now that I've had some water and a peach!

jesskahle 07-17-2008 11:57 AM

Hey guys!

Katie, I am so sorry you have to go through this right now. I am glad however you are getting back on track! Good luck!

at my WI yesterday I am up a 1lb.... I don't quite understand... my COD says its probably because I lost so much on the TO that its my body's way of adjusting.. Does that sound right???
I posted my menu in the daily menu thread, maybe some one can look at it and critique it? Would be great. I have not gone off the plan AT ALL... soI really hope this works out...

Dan2112 07-17-2008 12:47 PM

Yep.. It's pretty normal, Jess, so don't worry.. Our body has a tendency to fight back when we suddenly deprive it of the junky foods it's gotten used to. I would also venture to guess that the additional lb. is probably just water.

One of the things you'll learn with this plan is to not freak out about the ups and downs that happen, just as long as there are more downs than ups, you'll be fine.

BarbaraB 07-17-2008 01:04 PM

Jess, Weight just fluctuates. Sometimes you just might be wearing something heavier on that day. Jeans in particular can add a pound or two to your weigh in. Also salt can be a big culprit in a weight blip up. All sorts of things contain sodium. For myself I always gain a pound the next day if I have a diet soda. Just be sure you are drinking all your water, and stick with the plan and the next weigh in is likely to be better.

Katie, Way to go girl! Be good to yourself! You totally deserve to put yourself on your list of people to that you nurture.

Dan, Moving some exchanges earlier is often a good thing.

Mama Nicole 07-17-2008 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repo girl (Post 2273830)
Morning everyone! Thanks all of you for your kind and wise words. I have taken a good look at my food intake and decided that these are my main issues:
1- No protein at breakfast. I have just been eating toast and coffee.
2- Major lack of water
3- Very little protein at lunch. I have not been planning well, and usually end up snacking on junk instead.
4- Very few fruits, sometimes days with none, also shy on veggies.
5- Mixers like mojito and margarita a lot, which have a lot of carbs.

So, this morning I started back onto the red plan. I had an egg, a slice of toast, honeydew, and a cup of coffee. There are a lot of things in my life that I cannot control right now, but food does not have to be one of them.

:carrot:.........Go Katie, get busy.........it's your birthday.....!!!!

Ok, so now we're even!!!! You made me cry this morning. Let's knock that $hit off right now, ok....:lol:. Isn't it such a liberating feeling.......not being a slave to carbohydrates? I am super excited for you!!!! You and I are in synch......we can pull this off!!! And you know, after one day of being OP.......I feel way better. It is such a mental thing........and I am so mental!

Jess........I gained a smidge my second week on the program, and it made me VERY nervous........as a matter of fact, I didn't have a good loss for a few weeks after my initial FF loss. Hang in there......it WILL be ok.

Jillian.............do all employees get free coffee? If so, I am going to HAVE to go get a job there...:lol:. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Sumatra......but I only buy it now and then.

Kelly.......thanks for the compliments about my grandbaby. She is just a doll. She had her first set of shots yesterday......and she was a bit unhappy. Poor little baby. She weighs 13 lbs already. DD's pediatrician mentioned that maybe DD is over-feeding her, but I think that was bad advice. I had 5 babies......and they were all really chubby around 7 or 8 weeks. They all slimmed down and none of them had any weight issues. One of my DD's has a bit of a problem, but when you have 5, one is bound to be like you, right? Anyway, I reminded my DD that while her doc is a medical professional whose opinion is of signifigance........she is still the mama, and she knows what is best for her baby. Also, isn't it weird that the doc would say that when baby is content and doesnt' spit up or anything?

Speaking of babies..........is Debbie still on vacation? We miss you Debbie.

And AMYLOU..........how is studying for your boards going?

Hi Dawn......nice to see you :)

Dan........are you staying OP?

Barbara......how about you? I hope you are feeling less down. Just trip that fatty (the inner fat girl, of course) when she starts to stand up again :hug:

Anyway.......I really need to go eat and get my metabolism going here. Eat for energy today..........find other things in your life to make you happy :) And........if you screw up.......stop where you are, make that U-turn, and get right back on the road. It can be that simple :)
XOXO