3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Losers and Friends - July 14 - July 20 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/146314-losers-friends-july-14-july-20-a.html)

krjpy 07-15-2008 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by equinetcan (Post 2269556)
Happy Monday everybody!!

For the first time in a long time (I mean over a year) I went away for the weekend. I went to a horse show to help my former trainer with the horses she was taking. I used to show but my guy is too old now and he is retired and happily getting dirty every day and doing nothing but chow down in the pasture. He will be 27 in two weeks. The show was an Arabian Morgan show. We had a lot of fun. I am exhausted but it was still fun. They did really well and the horses were just about perfect in all their classes. Getting up this morning for work was a challenge and a half but its over now and I can go to bed early tonight. On my feet all weekend lugging, walking, scrubbing and cheering from the sidelines - so hopefully a few calories burned!!!

That's my news for the day so far. I hope everyone had a great weekend and has an even better week!!

BTW - I don't think I've seen a challenge for labor day on here yet...anyone interested???

Do you still ride horses? I used to have 3 of them. 2 have passed away and I donated 1 to my old school when I wasn't giving him the attention and riding he really needed. I haven't ridden in years ... I used to even teach. I miss it sometimes.

As for a Labor Day Challange, I am always up for a Challange. I do The Biggest Loser Challanges here on 3FC, but that ends in the beginning of Aug and I need something to keep me motivated until the next TBL Challange, which will be with the show starts ... anyone know when the next season of TBL starts?

BarbaraB 07-15-2008 11:38 AM

Kelly, I don't know when TBL starts again, but I was just wondering last night about that. I find it inspirational, even if they lose insane amounts of weight so quickly.

I posted a new profile picture of me on my bike next to Mt St Helen's. It was so pretty. Also an avatar picture of me in my bike pants, which are not the most flattering thing ever.

I just am feeling a bit discouraged today. I was off plan there for a bit a few weeks ago, and I thought that being back on plan for a bit I would be feeling thin again, but not so much. Oh well.... Any weight gained can be lost again, I will just have to stick with it and be more diligent.

Dan2112 07-15-2008 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesskahle (Post 2269792)
Hello :)

We went for our weigh in today and Dh lost 9.2 lbs, and I lost 6.8lbs on take off/1 day of plan.

We are stoked and are looking forward to seeing the numbers drop!

We packed a cooler today with pre-measured snacks and meals and didn't go off plan all day @ the hospital. And DD was a trooper and everything went well:)

What a great way to end a day

Wow!! Great losses!! Glad to see it went really well.. It's amazing how much this plan really flushes your system right off the bat.. What the TO does is put a shock to your system, telling your body that you're about to start going in the right direction and it better shape up!!

JLem311 07-15-2008 02:26 PM

hey everyone. just checking in for the day. i ran some errands today and that's about all i plan on doing today. not much else to report, other than i lost another pound...finally. :)

hope everyone is having a good day!

ps barbara--your profile pic is so gorgeous!

Repo girl 07-15-2008 02:26 PM

Barb- Wow! Great pictures. What a beautiful place. Don't beat yourself up. You are still an exercising fiend, you can't be in that bad of shape weight wise.

JLem311 07-15-2008 02:28 PM

hey katie, we were posting at the same time! how's your plan coming along? did you ever reveal to us what you've been doing?

Mama Nicole 07-15-2008 02:44 PM

hi friends :)

I am back! And boy oh boy..........do I ever need you guys now!!! I have been oh so naughty!!! I have much to tell, but so little time!!! I am back OP in the a.m. I am afraid to WI, but I must. I really do need to see those numbers change in order to stay OP until my clothes begin to bag. You cannot even imagine how much food I have eaten over the last two weeks. It's just gross.

We traveled straight through from Duluth MN yesterday. It took us just under 12 hours. The kids were soooo good!!!! I am a bit tired, but doing ok. I do have to get some housework done........but I couldn't wait to check in with you all. I see a few new people......and a whole lot of peo-le missing.

Katie.....thanks for missing me :) Have you checked in with the flylady lately? I so need to check that out................

Ok, everyone.........have a great day. I will check back in later and read what I missed last week :)
XOXO

JLem311 07-15-2008 03:12 PM

nicole, i was just thinking about you and how your trip went!
glad to see you back! can't wait to hear all about it.
and get yourself back on track, girlie!

BarbaraB 07-15-2008 03:21 PM

Nicole, You are back! I missed you too!

Katie, Thanks... I needed that. I have to put this in perspective. 2 years ago I would have been besides myself with joy to be the size I am now. So the fact that size 8 is fitting a bit too snug... well not that bad... still really just one of those things where you have to sit back and think, what have I allowed to slip in... The answer is the ever present free food offered in my office. We have added constant candy to the stuff always available. I was so good for so long, but somehow was rationalizing my red vine habit.... got to stop. Oh.. and those gummy bears.. not condiments! No matter how much I want to count them that way... So just don't count candy as condiments and your maintenance may go smoother than my creative accounting has...

Oh and Jess... great start! That is just the beginning!

JLem311 07-15-2008 03:43 PM

barbara--i'm addicted to strawberry twizzlers. wish they could count as a free food! :)

Repo girl 07-15-2008 04:10 PM

Jillian- I had to stop doing it. I have been going through a lot of stuff lately, and I just could not handle the emotional swings that my new plan was giving. I am still trying to find my best fit, diet wise. I have some good ideas, but I think that I still have some core beliefs holding me back, telling me that I can't do it, fat is herditary in my family, and stuff like that.

Nicole- Yahoooo! So glad to see you back! Sounds like a fun trip. I have kind of laid off on flylady for the summer. Since my kids are home and I have them do quite a bit of chores for allowance, it messes with flylady. This fall when they all go back to school, I will get cracking with her again.

Barbara- Yeah, gummy bears really aren't condiments, LOL.

gotsta 07-15-2008 04:22 PM

I'm up for a labor day challenge! I've got a friend coming (haven't seen her in 3 years) in September and then a trip to disneyland in November and I'd sure like to see at least 10 more pounds gone.

Dan2112 07-15-2008 04:31 PM

That's the spirit! Gotta have goals... You can get 10lbs gone by labor day, no problem!!

Heck, I might even join in on this one...

Repo girl 07-15-2008 05:33 PM

Dan- I just saw an article about Rush I thought that I would share with you. Maybe you have already seen it, but here you go!
http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx/?n...2897&GT1=28103

equinetcan 07-15-2008 05:37 PM

I just posted a labor day challenge. Any and all feel free to join in!!

Nicole - missed you. Glad to hear you had a good time. Did the whole family go including the beautiful new addition???

Today was ok. I had a lean cuisine for lunch as I was in a hurry but it did the trick. Tonight I have some chicken just about finished in the slowcooker and having some broccoli and brown rice with it.

Work is nuts as we are short a person this week. Typing this as I speak from my kitchen table on the work laptop. I don't ahae to do a lot tonight but likely will tomorrow and thursday.

I'll check in later...have a good night everyone!!!