Old 06-10-2008, 02:21 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Barbara- You've probably already gone to lunch, but Chang's wedge salad with chicken is absolutely DELICIOUS! Although it is teetering between good/bad because of the dressing...
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 04:00 PM   #32  

Hi Everyone!
It is HOT HOT HOT here! At least I am getting the water in! I had an okay weekend - not great, not horrible. I needed some motivation, so this morning I ordered a bunch of stuff from Victoria's Secret -- one size smaller than I am now. They had the cutest shirts on sale. I want to wear them now! So, I have been really good today. I even got on the treadmill and bike this morning! YEAH ME! It was so hard to get started. I just hope I stick with it. When I exercise everyday I tend to stay POP very easily. That is where I want to get back to.

Dan - Congrats on finishing the race! Hope your hand is feeling better! What an inspiration you are!

Nicole - Speaking of inspirational, your post yesterday was awesome! You are so right. It is the best feeling in the world when you are taking care of yourself and sticking to the plan. That is where I want to be!

I hope everyone is having a great day!
gonnabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 05:59 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Thanks ladies about the blinkie. Feel free to snag it.

Here's another one i did also if you want.

I make them so if any of you ever want one with your own sayings let me know.

Last edited by Debbie24; 06-10-2008 at 05:59 PM.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:13 AM   #34  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

oh.my.gosh. thank you all for the support. seriously, it is such an uplifting feeling to know that people you've never met can care so much. honestly, I think I may have just had my turn around moment. nicole, barbara, everyone-thank you!

Nicole, you are SO right. I'm ready to feel good in 2 weeks. TOM is coming and I know it usually takes every ounce in me to stay OP when he is here, but I HAVE done it before and I can do it again. I have been on this program for YEAR?!?! What the heck. Although it's safe to say I haven't really been on this program for 6 mos. I am ready to be back on it. I spent a lot of money learning how to eat right. It would be like paying for class and then not studying for the test. I know better.

Barbara, the funny thing is that I haven't been binging on sweets etc. I have just been plain overeating everything! When I'm reading I feel the constant need to be popping mixed nuts, trail mix, cereal, peanut butter, berries, even veggies-it's like a manic nervous eating thing. It's pretty crazy when I think about it. I did manage to study very hard for finals in Dec without going off plan. I did not need to be eating the whole time, and guess what, I did the bet I'd ever done on those exams!! I am SO ready to be back.

Nicole, you are so right, and I know I've spouted off those words too, "no one is too busy to take care of themselves". That is the truth!

Nicole, your GD is AMAZING. What a perfect little angel. I want to hear more about her!

I am going to make an honest effort to be checking in on here every morning before my review class. I'm trying t limit my internet, but this is for me!

HUGE hugs to you all! Tomorrow is a new day....

oh, PS-as I think about my menu for tomorrow....I have also become addicted to Fiber One cereal bars. They are seriously so good and full of fiber but they also have a fair amount of sugar. I've been counting them as a "lite" althought it's been kind of a joke bc I haven't been OP at all, but I still kind of write down what I eat...a friend told me they are "1 point" on WW which really means nothing to me. What do you guys think? Can I finish the box as my lite?
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 08:27 AM   #35  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone

Amylou.........glad to see you stopped by I think fiber one bars might lack in protein a bit.....but I am not sure. If they are, you could always add a string cheese. They might not be ideal lites.....but I am sure it is fine to finish the box. Your eating reminds me of my smoking habit. Ex smoking habit that is........but that is how I felt about smoking, and eating can get out of hand like that for me too. Sometimes it's like you don't even want to eat the stuff.......but somehow your brain tricks you into thinking you HAVE to finish. Maybe it is from being a lifetime member of the clean your plate club....... You know, when all else fails........you can always blame your parents. It is the American way you know........just blame someone else! Seriously though....your skinny girl is being smothered.......help a sister out!!!!! And we have MISSED you!!!!

My sclae is being a total jerk today..........and I don't even care. Really, I don't. For a second I was kinda down about it........but then I remembered that I have been POP for like 2 weeks now........and some stupid numbers can't really change that...........so...........no more WI until Friday. I am sure the universe will be on my side by then!

Katie......how is the new plan working out?

So where is Jillian? And Kim? and Kim#2? And Kristen???? Joni, Pearl, Cassi...........oh, the list can go on and on............but seriously........Jillian.........you have been here quite reguarily lately........but not all week...........are you ok?

Ok, time to go shave my legs......I think I am going to take the kids to the pool...........OMG................seriously, I am going to take them swimming this afternoon............so I need to get my day started. C'mon everyone..........be a POP star today. It only takes 21 days to make a habit. I am on day 15 or so.......and it is getting easier each day............in the words of Rob Schneider from every Adam Sandler movie ever......"YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!"
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:47 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Morning everyone, its pretty quiet around here huh?

I am pretty excited today because i'm on my 6th day of being POP and the scale said 136.6 this morning which is so amazing. That means i have 1.4lbs to go to reach goal. I'm not changing anything yet because i usually go my mondays WI and for some reason around wed & thurs i always hit my lowest weight of the week but i'm still happy. I'm also super excited because on the scale it said my BMI was 25. 24.9 is normal BMI and i'm so close, BMI is really more important to me than the lbs.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful start to the day also. I'll check back in later on and see if everyone is awake by then.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:19 AM   #37  
mom to 4 girls ~Elizabeth

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Congrats Debbie! You are doing superb!
Amylou, I would be tempted to count those as a starch and maybe a fat too... I don't have a box to reference but I am sure they are more of a starch.
Nicole, thanks for the encouragement!

I am starting a take off today and my husband has asked to go on plan with me. Now that I have the red info for him, he will be joining me in the journey...YIPPIE! I am happy to have him join in so willingly. He has seen how much and the variety of good foods. I hope he sticks to it! I am busy with the kids this weekend and working 3 evenings so I may not be on much. Wish me luck at work! Talk to you all later!
4princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 12:15 PM   #38  
Purple (no lites)

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

So, I've been doing well for a few days now and today I'm down a pound...woohoo.

Nicole - DH is not driving me crazy yet. Now if I were a stay at home mom, then yeah, we would already be there, but I go off to work everyday and get a break. Really though, he's is doing well...goes to physical therapy three times a week...still walking with his crutches, but hopefully he will move to the cane soon. He says he doesn't have much pain, the obstacle now is more that his muscles are just weak.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
pjbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 12:33 PM   #39  

Dionne - sorry to hear about your stress - it will work out, just remember, you can't put a price tag on time, count the time together as a blessing and enjoy every moment of it! Go visit some of the landmarks or parks in your area that are free, pack a picnic and head for the hills - when is the next time you guys will get to have a summer off together?! Make it a summer to remember for the good things instead of the stress! And stay on plan so you can get your moneys worth out of your last 13 weeks! I have 7 weight loss weeks left and want to lose 24lbs, my original goal with LA was 135, so I'm on track to meet that, but will probably re-adjust my weeks to lose another 10lbs and borrow from my maintenance weeks. I already plan on signing up for an additional year of maintenance to keep myself on track, I think if I can maintain for a year, I can maintain for a lifetime. Where are you going on vacation?

I'm so envious of everyone taking off for the summer - I could take some time off, but we just haven't planned anything...
Old 06-11-2008, 12:44 PM   #40  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning everyone,

Nicole- Thanks for the encouragement. You are always so funny. Enjoy the pool.

Paula- Congrats on the loss!!

Elizabeth- GL at work this week and on the take off today and tomorrow.

Debbie- I am so excited for you keep up the good work and you will make goal before you know it.

Amylou- I am glad to see that you are getting back in the game.

Gonnabe- Those shirts will fit you before you know it. So, just keep on being POP.

Julie- I am going to weigh in tomorrow and we'll see where I stand with this challenge. You are doing so good keep up the good work. I am watching you.

Dan- I hope that the hand is feeling better.

Katie- Where have you been? I miss your inspiring posts.

To everyone else that I missed- I hope you all have a great POPping day. I will check back in later. Please keep praying my DH finds a job soon.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 12:50 PM   #41  

Dionne, I was just thinking of your husband and wondered if he found the right job yet. Please be sure to let us know WHEN he does! Praying for the both of you!

*hugs*
Old 06-11-2008, 12:52 PM   #42  

Julie- thanks for the encouraging words. You sound like my husband. He has told me the same thing. It is just hard sometimes. I worry more than he does. We have actually planned a day out at the park downtown for the kids and lunch. Our city does a kids day out once a week during the summer downtown and they have clowns, face painting and other activities and it is all free.

We are actually going to Atlanta. We are going to be there for 8 days. We have plans for Six Flags, Stone Mountain, and Dukesfest. Yes, Dukesfest. It is a reunion type of thing for the stars from the Dukes of Hazzard and they have a stunt show where they jump a General Lee. It is actually pretty cool especially since my DH seems to think that he is a stunt man sometimes and jump cars in our yard. There is a video of him jumping a car on my "Myspace page". No, we are not rednecks my hubby just loves cars and to see how far he can push them.

I am thinking of doing an official Take off through the center. They told me Monday that I could still possibly loose down to my goal in 13 weeks. We will see. I had 38 weeks weightloss , 6 weeks stabalization and 8 weeks of maintenance.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:56 PM   #43  

Thanks Elizabeth. He had an interview last Friday but nothing come of it. He has been burning up the computer looking and applying. He has had a couple of calls from recruiters but that is about as far as it goes. We would really like to stay here in Mobile. However, a recruiter is calling for a job in Birmingham that would probably be up my DH ally. It is in the automotive industry. However, we will just have to pray about it. There seems to be a lot of jobs in the Birmingham and Houston areas. All of our family is here in Mobile.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:09 PM   #44  

Dionne - maybe use the purchase of the Takeoff as a bargaining tool - tell them that you would consider purchasing a juice if they would increase your maintenance weeks - someone mentioned that they got some free weeks added to attain their goal... worth a try You know they want to sell you something!!!
Old 06-12-2008, 02:15 AM   #45  

so I did Take off today, I did really good but added an extra glass of pineapple juice (I was at work and needed something to get be charged...) I just got home and am proud I had 11 glasses of water today.. here is hoping SOMETHING kicks my body into gear. One more day and I am back onto plan. Hope you all have a good night!.. off to plan meals for tomorrow and then SLEEP!!