Old 05-16-2008, 07:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Default Rice question

Have any of you figured out how much uncooked rice is equal to 4 servings of cooked rice? 1 serving is 1/3 cup cooked for me but i'm wondering how much is that in uncooked.

TIA.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 11:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 268/186/170

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Debbie,
As a general rule, 1/2 cup uncooked should equal 1 cup cooked; however, it may depend on the amount of water and cooking method. The best way is simply to measure the cooked amount, and use any leftovers in other dishes such as soup, etc. Have a great day!
ronlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 11:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Well going by that it looks like 1/2 the amt. so then 2/3 cup uncooked should equal 4 servings.

I usually cook 1 pot of rice and use it thoughout the week but theres a dish i want to make that has addins to the rice while cooking so its hard to measure that and so this is why i wanted to know.

I guess i'll wait and see if anyone else has any ideas.

Thanks for responding. If i get no other answers i'll go with this. I'm not planning on doing this dish often so if i try it once or twice a little more rice wont kill me.

Last edited by Debbie24; 05-16-2008 at 11:16 PM.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote