Old 04-24-2008, 11:24 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Morning everyone

I'm losing my motivation because i swear the scale is stuck. I think i'm hitting a plateau. If i'm still 144lbs on monday i think i may have to start exercising to get things going but Lord knows where i'll find the time for that. I think i need to start doing something tho before i really fall off. I'm good and motivated when i see the losses but once i get stuck i'm pretty bad. I still cant do any TO or anything so i'm thinking my only other option is exercise. Anyway enough whining.

Katie - That is too funny

everyone else. I'll check back in later

Have a great day!
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:27 AM   #62  
LAWL Salt Police

Hi there Katie...

Too funny about the Josh/Jesus thing.. On that note, my 7 year old son tried to explain the "soul" to me the other day... I wish I could remember all he said, but it was priceless.. I'll think about it and see if I can do his description justice.. On the same note again, I would be a little concerned about a 4 year old girl telling one of her friends that they were going to **** for any reason... At that age, it's so hard for them to understand...

Be one with your POP today, all!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:52 AM   #63  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Dan- I thought that too. 4 year olds going to ****?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 12:23 PM   #64  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Hello all. Just wanted to drop in and say hi.

Congrats on all the losses everyone.

Nice to see you Lettie.

Not much else going on with me. I too have been thinking about adding the bars back into my plan. Seems like since I stopped them, I have been fudging on my portions or just plain taking the day off of the plan which has not been good on the scale. I will have to give it a try again and see how it goes.

Good Luck All!

Last edited by aguerin; 04-24-2008 at 04:05 PM.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:23 PM   #65  
mom to 4 girls ~Elizabeth

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Hey Amy.. You have come a long way! That is great! Hope you are feeling great!

Hope you all have a superb day. I am busy all weekend.. out for a retreat but I just finished packing all my own meals for Friday and Saturday. I hope no one thinks I am crazy...lol. What do you guys do when you are out?.. they are providing meals but I really don't want to mess up a good thing.
4princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 02:42 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Elizabeth,

I always think people are thinking I'm crazy also! Especially in the beginning when I would go to a barbeque at my inlaws and take my own raw chicken breast and a zuchinni for them to throw on the grill for me! I have 3 sister in laws so you can imagine how they probably talked behind my back... now I have convinced 1 of them to join the plan as well and the other 2 just keep talking about how they need to do something as well because I am looking so much better

Bottom line is - I really don't care if people think I'm crazy anymore, I usually tell them up front - "I'm on this crazy diet and I can't eat that stuff"... They will understand once I meet my goal why I had to do it! and by then they will be used to it...

JulieZ
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:24 PM   #67  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Hey, guys...she said as she slinked into the forum with her tail between her legs. I've been away for months and have been a complete maniac. It's unbelievable how easy it is to slip back into old habits! Yes, I've gained weight - 10 pounds!! - but DH and I both started back on the program on Monday and we are back to being good. I NEED this group! I've been on Facebook too much and not on here at all! It's good to be back with my LAWL family and to see lots of familiar - and new - faces!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 04:04 PM   #68  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Welcome back Felicia. We have missed you and your schools stories. You can start over today. I usually do it 2 to 3 times a week. LOL. Like a few others here, I have got to get focused, serious and my will-power on track again. The summer is coming up and I want to have a killer bathing suit.

Hey Pricess and welcome to the forum. I usually read everyday but I don't post.

I have been giving some serious thought to wanting and trying that washing detergent recipe that Katie and Nichole have been talking about. With Gas prices sky-rocketing, i am going to have to look for ways to cut some corners. I have given up my daily 20oz diet drinks during the week. I still have some on the week ends, but my hubbie usualy picks those up.

Katie - Can I get the recipe? Is is good detergent? Does it fade your clothes? Get them clean? Just wondering how is actually works for the long-haul.

Anyway - Have A Great Day All!!!
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 04:08 PM   #69  
LAWL Salt Police

Felicia!! Welcome back.. Get back on that wagon!!! YeeHAAA!

Debbie.. We all get stuck.. Try flipping meals around.. Get your starches in early.. If you've been doing that already, get them in a little later..

It takes an occassional shake up to get the scale moving again.. And then again, sometimes our bodies just seem to take a break.. Don't blow it.. It will happen for you!!!
Old 04-24-2008, 04:28 PM   #70  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

just wanted to say hi for the day!
gotta go and chill with the kids now.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:23 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Debbie, You are getting so close to your goal! It is just normal that weight loss gets a little slower at that point, so don't be discouraged. You are doing so well. Plateaus are natural and happen to most people trying to lose, and I wouldn't even call it a plateau yet. Perhaps you are just storing up for a good drop down here soon.

Felicia! I was just wondering where you went to and if everything was good with you and yours. So good to see your post! At least you kept most of your weight off. Restart now and it will not be long before you are back down to your previous lows. You were doing so well. Yes old bad habits are like old friends that you are instantly comfortable with again.....

Amy, I've been doing better since I added back in the bars. I just was slipping off track more often and in worse ways than ever before. I know you were feeling the cost of the bars. I've branched out into different bars, as I feel in maintenance mode I am free to experiment with different brands. I'm in a zone perfect bar phase right now. Purchased them at a reasonable price at Costco. They work as well for me in controlling hunger as the LA Bars.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:47 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

Hi all. I am in such a rut I cannot begin to explain. I plan on staying right where I am until I feel ready to start anew. It is spring I have no idea why I am so blah, but I am so here it is.
Up 5# and not happy but not really sad either just not caring. Ah well...
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:12 AM   #73  
LAWL Salt Police

Tuesday.... I'm in a talky mood, so please excuse the following novel..

It's one thing to be discouraged about not losing, but it's another to not care..

I've always said that weightloss is a big mental challenge too, and if, mentally, you're not "there", it's not going to work..

Being in a rut is common.. Doesn't matter what time of year it is... But you have to look at it this way..

You are close to your goal.. Days away in fact.. Your brain and subconcious realizes this and has set your body on "I'm comfortable" mode.. That makes the desire in some of us, to finish the game, not seem as important.. Couple that with the "blahs" you're going through, and it's a BIG time barrier...

When we get comfortable with the fact that our clothes fit better, people notice how good we look, we feel SO much better, we tend to lose that drive to finish the game...

Nothing anyone here (or with you at home) can say will force you to back into "weight loss mode"... But you can't lose sight of what you've done so far..

Just because you're not motivated to lose, that's not an excuse to go back to the way you were before.. There's ZERO reason to alter your eating habits and go back to the junk... In fact, all it will do is make you feel worse..

So my advice to you, until you get rid of the blahs, is to maintain the healthy lifestyle and see what happens... Who knows.. Maybe like when I hit my goal, I kept losing for a while.. So maybe you'll lose without trying (I wish it were that easy, right?)...
Old 04-25-2008, 10:42 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Morning Everyone!

Dan & Barbara - Thank you so much for the encouraging words. I'm going to stick it out, i want it too bad to give up now. Barbara i hope you are right and i see a big loss soon, it would really make me feel better.

I think i'm going to have to have DH hide the scale from me for the next 2 weeks or so. I want to start exercising and i know i'm not going to be losing in the beginning so not seeing it will make me keep going. I'm going to have to change some things i'm eating because while i was still losing eating them before i think its caught up with me like PB for example. I have it 3-4 times a week and add in the very frequent red meat and here i am. I guess i know my problems and now i just need to deal with them. I've done this before and i can do it again.

Dan - If you remember DH started the plan with me, he's down about 30lbs and is in his normal BMI range. He's mentioned that he's been getting hungry throughout the day and he's pretty happy with his weight and i think he may be ready for maintenance. I never got to the maintenance stage so any advice on how to go about transitioning? He's a postal carrier and since its getting pretty hot here in FL the food he's taking in is probably not enough since hes probably burning alot more cals. he has about 2 extra veggies a day and he says 10 mins after having a fruit hes hungry again which leads him to a binge when he gets home. hes on red right now. anyway any advice?

everyone else.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:08 AM   #75  
mom to 4 girls ~Elizabeth

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Debbie, no advice just wishing you the best. I am POP and gained this week so I am not sure about that... I think it is just TOM related but like Dan said, I am just sticking to my plan and taking a 'wait and see' approach. I have decided to change my whole way of life so maybe it is my body rebelling a bit?... I deserve to be healthy, to get stronger and enjoy food.. not be afraid of it. Have a POP weekend.. if I can plan out my food for tomorrow and bring it to a retreat (where I know they are going to have a chocolate fountain, salty delights and other and yummy treats).. you can too! I deserve to be fit and am choosing the right fuel for my body. I won't regret it after the weekend! *hugs*
4princesses is offline   Reply With Quote