Old 04-09-2008, 08:26 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Question Anybody have the current men's exchanges?

Hi all.

I'm currently going to COD, and I would love for my husband to join me on the program. He says he's trying to lose weight, but he's getting nowhere and I think that's because he has no structure to what he's doing. Of course, he has no interest in going to the center. If figure it should be easy for him to do LAWL - we already eat the same thing for breakfast and dinner.... He just needs portion control and some structure in between.

So, does anyone have the current men's program? If we can't post it here, you can PM me.

Thanks a bunch!!
LeighAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:23 AM   #2  
LAWL Salt Police

It all depends on his current weight, physical exercise habits, work hours and his overall weightloss goal.

I may be behind the times as far as plan structure goes since our centers closed a year ago, but when my wife and I did it, the plans were the same for men and women.

Can you share a bit more information?
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:34 AM   #3  

Oops - sorry! For some reason, I thought there was one 'formula' for men. Not sure where I got that crazy idea.

He's 5'11" and about 245. 40 hour a week desk job. Exercise is erratic at best, so for this purpose I would consider none to light.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:37 PM   #4  
LAWL Salt Police

Sounds like a smaller version of me.. I started out at 300, but I'm 6'1"...

I was on the Red plan, which called for:
2 1/2 protein
3 fruits
4 veg
2 starches
1 fat
and of course, 64 oz. of water..

the weight exchanges are probably similar to what you're doing now.. If he's not that active, he probably wouldn't need to worry about bumping up his protein intake.. But if you both decide to start working out on a routine basis, that might not be a bad idea..

It's extremely important for him to start getting more water into his diet.. Also try to have him curtail junky treats.. I assume that most of them are out of your house.. If not, they should be.. Out of sight, out of mind..
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 03:01 PM   #5  

Thanks a million Dan!

Unfortunately, no, I haven't purged the house. We're a family of five and I'm catering to everybody's whims at this point. I know, I know - bad. Honestly, it's easier for me to deal with my eating plan somewhat separately than to add a bunch of whiney kids (and sometimes hubby) to the mix at this point. Someday we'll get there. Baby steps.... For me, it was just a matter of making up my mind to get on the plan. Once I did that, it doesn't much bother me to have the stuff in the house.

I really think that if he can just get some forward momentum going with his weight loss he'll get excited and keep it going. That's what happened with me - just had to gut out the first week and then I was off and running.

Again, thanks very much for the help!