Old 04-22-2008, 06:47 AM   #46  

room for one more ?
I'm in the UK, and my doctor prescribed Alli ( or Xenical as we know it here) yesterday. Took my first tablet with my evening meal last night and so far so good.
Looking forward to getting to know you all
alibali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:36 AM   #47  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Alibali, WELCOME....Jump on in and start posting...we love new people. I think there are only a handful of us from when this Alli first started on 3fc.

Tammy, good job on upping the exercise...I know I feel better now that I have added 2 times the protein in my diet and started exercising more...although I am tired today..lol
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:51 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 275/245/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi all. Haven't checked back since my first post. Been so busy! But the Alli is working I'm so very happy to say. I'm down 8 lbs since April 7th No treatment effects and following the plan has been surprisingly easy so I'm truly hoping it stays this way! This is a busy time of year for me, I love spring and gardening and I'm trying to get my veggie garden up and running and we also farm, but I hope to check back more often and get to know you all better. Seems like everyone is doing really well!
hoosiermomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 12:57 PM   #49  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

karen
Glad things are going well for you. I love to garden. Have been working on mine too.

Still
There are a few of us who have been posting here for a long time isn't there lol.

ali
I am not sure they are exactly the same. Someone told me the prescription is stronger. I could be wrong.

Tammy
I just had to respect how everyone felt. The kids did a lot of reading on the net about the artificial sweeteners and if they don't want it in their body's. They have that right. I don't think a little here and there is going to hurt anything but I could be wrong. I would hate to find out they have problems because I decided to give them something like that when they didn't want it in the first place.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 05:33 PM   #50  

Height: 5'6

Hi all and welcome alibali! I am new here too so we can all learn together. I started Ali on Sunday April 12, and I am down 7lbs but I am ohhh so close to 8lbs. I am 1 more ounce away from saying 8. LOL. This morning I weighed 5 TIMES on my digital scales just hoping one of those times was going to lose an ounce and I could say 8. But NOOOoooooo. I feel ever sure tomorrow I will have lost 8 lbs. No treatment effects because I am being very strict on staying below 15FG. I am not counting calories or carbs, but I am definitely counting FG because I don't want TE'S!! LOL. Looks like shy, still and hoosier are all plugging along nicely too. I can't wait until I can say I have lost 30 lbs or more like alot of you. I am sad to say that I weigh 65 LBS more than I did when I got married in 1999. I have no idea how that happened. It just creeped up somehow. Anyway, that is my goal, to look like I did in 1999. UGH. Please ALI...help me out!

Last edited by Jenifer1965; 04-22-2008 at 05:34 PM.
Jenifer1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 05:44 PM   #51  
Gettin Closer!!

Jenifer, good luck to you! I know those pesky pounds just creep up on us dont they? It is annoying also...lol

It took time to put it on, and it will take time to take it off. I am not in a hurry, but I would like it gone..lol
Old 04-22-2008, 09:39 PM   #52  

Welcome Alibali!! Good luck on your weight loss journey!!

Still, I take naps so I'm not so tired!! lol

Karen, I have to chuckle about the Hoosier part. My hubby is originally from Indiana, and my son is dating a girl from Indiana. It is a pretty easy plan to follow to not have treatment effects. I agree. Congrats on the 8 pounds!

Shy, I think it's great that you talk to your family and respect their wishes on things.

Jenifer, I also weigh quite a bit more than when I was married in 1981. I wish I wouldn't have gained this weight because now that I'm older it is harder to take it off. It has taken me about 3 years to lose what I have. Definitely slow but steady!!

Aerobics tomorrow morning, dentist in the afternoon.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:26 AM   #53  
Gettin Closer!!

Tammy, I think I will try eating lunch right when I get home at noon and taking a 30 min nap. I live 3 blocks from work and I get an hour for lunch...

Couldnt hurt!
Old 04-23-2008, 04:48 PM   #54  
Rennie

Tammy
It isn't that part of me cares lol. It is that I would really hate to find out my daughter had problems with the children she may have someday because she was eating things that she shouldn't have been eating. I just don't want to live with that kind of guilt.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:45 PM   #55  

Hi all. This is my first post here at 3FC. I was on the SBD phase 1 for about 9 days and was miserable. So I decided to go back to eating low fat and counting calories. I also started taking ALLI again.

I really haven't had much trouble with it, even when I was taking the strong prescription Xenical (2x as strong)... Loose stools and some gas at the beginning, but within a couple of weeks, my body adjusted and I haven't had any more problems.

I also take Metamucil before I eat so that my food will be digested slower by adding the extra fibre. No problems from that either.

Anyway, I've lost 3 lbs. but have so many to go it's sad. LOL

And I take Omega fatty acids and things like that. Right now my calories per day are 2000. I'll adjust for less as I lose but I feel that if I start out with a really low calorie, it'll slow my metabolism down too much.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing less of me!
gaia3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:46 PM   #56  
Gettin Closer!!

Gaia3
WELCOME and good luck, post away. We have a pretty good group. Some of us have been around since ALLI was first released and some are new like yourself. But we have a nice blend and very nice people here.....
Old 04-23-2008, 07:17 PM   #57  

Still, did you get that nap??

Shy, my mom and some of my aunts wondered about that type of thing when 3 of my cousins and I all had trouble becoming pregnant. When any of us did get pregnant, we all had problem pregnancies.

Welcome gaia!! 3 pounds is great! I have a long way to go also even though my tracker shows 24 more. I want to get to that weight, and then decide how much more I want/need to lose. Your calories are similar to mine. I had testing done at the Y, and my calories according to the trainer should be 1700-2000. Many days I have been under that though. Good luck on this journey!!

I have to go to the church to help get things set up for the Emmaus Weekend that starts tomorrow night. I won't be on here from Thurs. late afternoon till sometime Sun. night (if I am awake!!). I know there will be so many yummy foods prepared this weekend, but I am gearing up for the fruits and vegies. I do pretty good staying out of the candy.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:25 PM   #58  
Rennie

Tammy
That is the very reason no artificial sweeteners, not much artificial anything. We watch how much fish we eat and I keep the eating around here as clean as possible.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:28 PM   #59  
Gettin Closer!!

Tammy, no I didnt get the nap...I could have if I would have laid down. I was watching a court tv show and got interested in the story. But I did lay on the couch a little....so that helped. I went to the gym tonight since my DH got home early. I have to leave REAL early tomorrow morning so I know I cant make it then.

I had a good workout. I called my DR today and asked him what I can do to help get this last 20 (ish) lbs off. I have been off the ALLI for a while and I want to try something different since I have a VERY low fat diet now. So he called me some phentermine to the pharmacy. I start it tomorrow. I take 1 pill per day at breakfast time. I hope it helps, I have never taken it before. Infact this will be the first time I have had anything prescribed for weight loss. But my DR knows I have been doing the right things for 2 years to get my weight off and I am down to this last 20 that wont seem to go away!
Old 04-23-2008, 09:58 PM   #60  

Height: 5'6

Ladies, I am exhausted because I left home at 7:00 a.m. this morning and just got home and it is 10:00 p.m. I have been on my feet all day, and they are killing me. Just wanted to do a drive-by post to let you all know I am THRILLED with Alli. I have been taking it 11 days and today when I weighed I am down 9 lbs!!!!! I didn't even get to see 8 lbs because I skipped right over it. WOOOHOOOO! I am now off to crash and get some rest. Talk to you soon.
Jenifer
Jenifer1965 is offline   Reply With Quote