Old 03-06-2008, 08:48 PM   #1  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Default (off topic) Evenflo carseat recall!!

Hi, I know a bunch of you on here have little ones or are grandparents, so I thought I would share this recall... I own it and this is the one we used for DS! yikes!

"The models covered by the recall are the 390, 391, 534, and 552 Discovery car seat and travel system manufactured from April 2005 through January 2008.

Recent tests by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and Evenflo indicate the car seat could break apart and separate from the base during high impact side collisions.

Evenflo plans to notify registered owners of the seats and provide a free “supplemental dual-hook fastener to ensure that the car seat remains attached to its base in a high impact collision.”

The recall is scheduled to begin in February. Owners should call Evenflo at 1-800-356-2229 or order the fastener online at www.evenflo.com/discovery."

I called today with no problems, got the new fastener sent to me for free. I'm still not to easy feeling about it though I may buy a new one if we have a new baby...

Last edited by bradleys mom; 03-06-2008 at 08:49 PM.
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 01:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/120

Height: 5'1"

Smile

Thanks for the information. I will pass this on to my friends who have young ones.
kennedy5672 is offline   Reply With Quote