Old 04-10-2008, 10:38 AM   #196  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Why is it 'wrecking your bagel'?????
Old 04-10-2008, 01:13 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 221/173.5/165(for now)

Height: 5'8"

IMHO, some of those fatfree cream cheeses are like something sold in the brick-laying section of home depot - in both taste and texture! And if the knife used to spread it isn't immediately washed, it dries harder than rock! I pick up the lowfat or 1/3-less-fat (Neufchatel??sp??), and enjoy it much more - just don't put quite as much on the bagel. Then again, in my house, cream cheese vanishes in minutes once it's opened... my two teenage boys feel it's made for applying on anything that is edible, LOL.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:22 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

I'm with you, judi, that stuff is nasty right down to the hardening on the knife you mention. Same with FF sour cream, although I don't remember if it hardens on the spoon. I much prefer to have less of the light version you mention. The light sour cream is one of those things that makes life worth while to me. Plus, the FF versions have all kinds of wierd stuff in them.

Tonight, I am grilling myself a very tiny lamb chop with a rosemary mint glaze. I am also having roasted beet salad with fennel, orange and goat cheese. Some steamed zuchinni and bulgur will be the side dishes.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:15 PM   #199  
Onward and Downward

Soprry I've been missing -- change in the weather = migraine + upset tummy + overly tired. Hopefully back to normal soon.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:19 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

ah, i'm such an emotional eater. school gets crazy and i grab the goodies. but on the upside day 2 of working out.

Last edited by teacher1; 04-10-2008 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:07 AM   #201  
Onward and Downward

Hi . . .

Weather is still yucky, but I'm feeling a bunch better. Managed to overdose on homemade multi-bean with barley and vegetables soup yesterday to the tune of 2100 calories. Strange, but it was the only thing I wanted to eat all day and I ate too much of it.

Well, better get myself into gear -- hve to hit a couple of grocery stores and set some more beans to soak (seeing as I ate all the current batch of soup ).

Hope everybody has a great and fun day planned . . .

Last edited by meowee; 04-11-2008 at 09:07 AM.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:12 AM   #202  
Liz

S/C/G: 229/185/150

Height: 5'6"

Happy Friday everyone!

I think I'll get the low fat cream cheese the next time I'm at the store and just dump this fat free. I don't use much anyway, so the calorie difference shouldn't be too great. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who doesn't like it!

Another rainy day here, but on the upside, the bulbs are springing out everywhere!

Sorry about your migraine, Meowee- I can relate! Hope it passes and you feel better soon. What do you use to get rid of them? I use Relpax, from the Imitrex family, and it works pretty well for me.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:25 AM   #203  
Onward and Downward

Nothing (and my doctor has tried me on a lot of things) seems to work for me except time -- a couple of times (when I've been working on four days with a migraine); he has stuck me in emergency and given me a shot of demerol. That helped.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:31 AM   #204  

S/C/G: 221/173.5/165(for now)

Height: 5'8"

MMMMMmmmmm - Gailr, your planned dinner the other night sounds scrumptuous - lots of flavor!!

Meowee - glad to hear your brain pain is improved - I don't miss those migraines one little bit! Bean soup is one of my favorite dishes to make - so much can go in, and it all tastes so good! Again, that flavor thang gets me every time!

Just got done raking out the front garden with the kids - so many leaves, so little time...but my perennials are peeking through with happy faces. **sore shoulders** It's gonna rain here most of the weekend, so I'm glad it got finished. P'haps by next week, the bulbs will be in bloom and my wee violets will scent the air (tasty, too). The johnny-jump-ups don't last long, but I know spring is here when I can smell them through my window next to the 'puter. (Of course, the fact that the window is actually open is a pretty good indication as well !

See you all later!

Judi
Old 04-11-2008, 08:23 PM   #205  

wow, it was such a long week. it's time to have a relaxing weekend.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:29 AM   #206  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning, gang . . .

Well it is Saturday. It is also very overcast and there's rain in the forecast for this afternoon. Guess I'll get myself out and about fairly soon -- somehow I never feel like walking even 1K in the rain which is supposed to continue all weekend.

See you soon, everybody . . . keep things moving and shaking today . . .
Old 04-12-2008, 10:12 AM   #207  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

We have an orange tree in a pot on our patio. It covered with blossoms and smells heavenly!

I bought a bag of frozen tilapia at Costco the other day. Last night, I wrapped a piece in foil with lemon juice and salt and pepper. I cooked it on the grill. Tilapia is very mild flavored, but I liked it. I think next time I fix it, I will try to think of some more interesting seasonings. One serving has 110 calories/15calories from fat. Can't beat those statistics.

Teacher, I hear you on the emotional eating. I wish we could be vaccinated for it. Sometimes, I control it, sometimes not.

I haven't had a migraine in a long time. My doctor told me that he never treats people in an old folks home for migraine. That is, the older you get, the less likely you are to have them. Imitrex didn't do anything for me, and man, was it expensive.

We are trying to build a low wall in front of our house. I saw something like it in a book. I worked on the forms for it yesterday. Today, I can hardly move. Too much getting down, getting up, wielding a hammer etc.

If the wind doesn't blow today, it should be really nice out.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:29 PM   #208  

The sun is back It was sure windy but still a nice day. I took my sister's dog on a 45 min walk. The DB is mowing the grass now. Off to cook dinner.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:02 AM   #209  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Wow, I think your doctor is right GAIL . . . at least I get far fewer migraines since I retired . . . might not be the age thing. Stress and tension may have been triggering me.

Glad you got sun, TEACHER . . . we certainly do not.

But the overcast is okay . . . I decided this is the day that I will do my taxes -- they are not due until the end of the month -- but the next couple of weeks are busy for me and I'd better not leave them right until the last minute. OMG, how I hate writing that cheque every year. But, I don't like paying in advance either.

Question for you ladies . . . the Canadian Home Shopping Channel has finally gotten the Sleep Number Bed. I'm about due for a new bed and am seriously thinking about one of these. Does anyone have one? or does anyone have strong feelings about them (either pro or con)?

Well . . . better go check out a few more 3FC places before I settle into 'tax-mode'. Have a great day, gang and I'll see you later.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:38 AM   #210  

hi all- just enjoying my lazy Sunday Have a great day!
Closed Thread