Old 02-01-2008, 06:01 PM   #121  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Great job Dionne!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 06:58 PM   #122  
Tina

Height: 5'5"

Katie, my name's Tina. Funny how I never clued in that it wasn't posted under my profile info. Thanks for asking!
Ternoway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 07:08 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi Tina... I never knew your name either.

Dionne, great to see the scale finally move for you. It is great how the scale gods are good one week to us, and totally stingy the next, but that is how it goes. I always like to visual my weight loss in terms of cubes of butter, as that makes it more real for me... So 2 pounds is like 8 sticks! If I think of it that way, I am surprised that our bodies can do that in one week ever. And if you look at how much all the weight you've lost is in butter, you'll see how far you've really come.

I better go and attempt beauty... at least that is what I call getting ready for the party..

Last edited by BarbaraB; 02-01-2008 at 07:09 PM.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 07:36 PM   #124  
Katie

Hi-ya Tina!
Old 02-01-2008, 08:37 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Why cant we all just hibernate until spring like bears do and use up all our fat stores? Sheesh! LOL
Oh and hi everybody! Hope you have an amazing weekend!
Congrats to all the losers! Felicia, congrats on the house, I cant imagine having to pay two house payments, ack!
AND all of you that have snow....pleaseeeeeee send some our way! I'd just like one good snow to go out and play in!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 10:07 AM   #126  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Guess I'll be the first poster for saturday!! The storm Ontario got we got last night and today. Tons of ice pellets and snow and freezing rain. I just came in from trying to chip away at the ice on the car and clean the steps off. No point in doing any more until it stops and the plow does its thing so I can see how much I have to try and shovel. It'll be heavy too where it is the ice pellets. What a mess!! But on the bright side I get a nice quiet day at home with the pooch. Get some housework done and finally start my cross-stitches I have to do for my MIL that I have been putting off for awhile now.

I am going to join Curves on Monday. I am looking forward to it and we get such a good sign up deal that I can't pass it up with the corporate deal through work.

I am in the market for a MP3 or Ipod though. I know nothing about them but I have to get one for work. I am surrounded by people on the phone all day (it is a call center after all) but I am not on the phone and it is very hard to concentrate on my work, which can be tedious, all day long. I have had a headache all week from it because its very distracting. I figured out why all the rest of the people in this department with me have them. So I get to shop around and try and figure out what to buy, and then how to load the darn thing. Don't know anything like I said. Should be interesting. I don't need anything stupendous. Prob just a 2Gb I think will do me from what I have seen on the internet. I went to the Futureshop website just to check a few out. Any suggestions would be appreciated as I want to make sure I get something I can use for awhile. I want to use it for walking in the spring too once the snow and ice melt.

Well, I must go and put my roast beef in the slow cooker for the day. That's nice and easy and tastes good on top!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 10:47 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

Alannah, re the mp3 player get someones teenager to help you! They love to show their technical superiority! My DD sits so patiently showing me how to make song lists, just like I used to do when teaching her to tie her shoes. I love the switch up.
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 11:30 AM   #128  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinetcan View Post
Guess I'll be the first poster for saturday!! The storm Ontario got we got last night and today. Tons of ice pellets and snow and freezing rain. I just came in from trying to chip away at the ice on the car and clean the steps off. No point in doing any more until it stops and the plow does its thing so I can see how much I have to try and shovel. It'll be heavy too where it is the ice pellets. What a mess!! But on the bright side I get a nice quiet day at home with the pooch. Get some housework done and finally start my cross-stitches I have to do for my MIL that I have been putting off for awhile now.

I am going to join Curves on Monday. I am looking forward to it and we get such a good sign up deal that I can't pass it up with the corporate deal through work.

I am in the market for a MP3 or Ipod though. I know nothing about them but I have to get one for work. I am surrounded by people on the phone all day (it is a call center after all) but I am not on the phone and it is very hard to concentrate on my work, which can be tedious, all day long. I have had a headache all week from it because its very distracting. I figured out why all the rest of the people in this department with me have them. So I get to shop around and try and figure out what to buy, and then how to load the darn thing. Don't know anything like I said. Should be interesting. I don't need anything stupendous. Prob just a 2Gb I think will do me from what I have seen on the internet. I went to the Futureshop website just to check a few out. Any suggestions would be appreciated as I want to make sure I get something I can use for awhile. I want to use it for walking in the spring too once the snow and ice melt.

Well, I must go and put my roast beef in the slow cooker for the day. That's nice and easy and tastes good on top!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

alannah--i bought an mp3 player a while back as a reward to myself for losing 30lbs and i bought a sandisk sansa rhapsody. it's great. and they got really great reviews from many websites. i picked mine up at bestbuy.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 11:37 AM   #129  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Thanks Jillian, No bestbuy here but I have several places here I can go to price checka nd such. Funny the ones on the internet I was looking at were the Scandisk ones too!!
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 12:02 PM   #130  
Katie

I got a 2 gig mp3 cell phone from Verizon for Christmas called a Juke. I love it!
Old 02-02-2008, 12:11 PM   #131  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Allanah I have the same one as Jillian! It is good enough for sure! My BF loaded the songs though. I am sure you could do a google search for instructions.

Last edited by cecil; 02-02-2008 at 12:11 PM.
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 05:45 PM   #132  
LAWL Salt Police

I bought my daughter a Sansa mp3 player for Christmas.. It was about 50 bucks at Best Buy.. I know you don't have one there, but again, you can find it online.. I forget the model number, but it's smaller than an I pod, mostly square and completely blue (a big selling point for my DD)...

So the crappiest week ever ended in much the same way... I thought, to make myself feel better, we'd all go out to a movie.. We took Liz's new Nissan Frontier and I drove.. Well, we got to the theatre parking lot and I began to pull into a space.. I cut the corner too close and ended up bumping into a mammoth pick up in the next space, leaving a lovely dent in Liz's rear fender.. The other truck wasn't damaged, as all I did was hit the rubber bumper cover on it.

Needless to say, Liz was understandibly upset and I feel like the worst husband in the world...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 06:22 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

a couple months ago I got a Sony Ericsson walkman cell phone. it has a 2 gig memory chip in it. I have over 1 1/2 gig of music on it already and the other 1/2 gig I use to store pictures, (it takes pictures and video, better then my real digital camera!) it comes with earphones that you can listen to the music with or it will just play it out loud. ......

my husband has an iPod... and loves it...

just my 2 cents worth.....

I just joined Spark People dot com.. (3fatchicks does not want me to say that. It keeps blocking it out.) I read about it in womans world. it looks pretty cool. I don't like their message boards as much as here..... I don't mean the people..... but of course that goes without saying! but the format is awkward........ but it has some motivating things that I think will kick my but in the exercise and water intact areas.

Last edited by zambejaly5; 02-02-2008 at 06:24 PM.
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 08:34 PM   #134  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

Okay, good news first: last night, our realtor came by and we signed the papers, so the house is now officially under contract!

Now the not-so-good news: about an hour before our realtor arrived, DH got a phone call, letting him know that he is leaving Monday to go and work tornado claims in Alabama. He'll be gone at least two weeks - maybe more. With the inspections going on, I will have to handle any yucks that arise.

Yuck!!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 09:48 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

Dan,
B-double E-double R- U- N! Beer run!
All we need is a ten and a fiver...
(that counts as a starch, right) (low sodium?)
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote