Old 01-20-2008, 09:54 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 328/?/140

Height: 5'3"

Talking Hello Ladies

HELLO SLIM FASTERS I WAS JUST WONDERING IF I CAN JOIN YOU ALL... I HAVE BEEN READING YOU POST AND I WENT OUT AND BOUGHT A FEW CANS OF POWDER TO GET ME STARTED.... I AM LOVING THE CHOC. WITH A BANANA AND ICE BLENDED OH SO YUMMY...... IT SEEMS TO ME THAT I HAVE WAY MORE WEIGHT TO LOSE SO I AM WONDERING IF SLIMFAST WILL EVEN WORK FOR ME........ I HAVE LOST 7 POUNDS THIS MONTH SO FAR AND IF I CAN KEEP IT UP I AM NOT GOING TO STOP TRYING......... YOU ALL ARE DOING AWESOME..... KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK...... BIG HUGS TONYA
chubbystress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 04:46 AM   #47  
Mous

Wink Go Go Go

Today is a new day. Are we ready for it?

Do you have a plan? Your menu? Your determination?

Go slow
Go to 3FC when you are tempted
Go for a walk

Remember that you are worth this effort.
Remember that you DO come first
Remember that we don't judge

Now is the time
Now is the day
Now you are becoming the REAL you

I believe
I can
I will

Have a wonderful day.
LADY WINDSONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:27 AM   #48  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all,

Nice to see so many slimfasters here! This thread is beginning to rock. I've no idea how things are going since I've been busy with work and haven't been to my TOPS meetings for a while, but I also haven't been on plan too much either so don't expect a great loss. Like they say - I know what works and doesn't but don't always stick with it...

Amanda - hope your toes are feeling better soon.

April - I love Jari Love's "Get Ripped" videos - they are weight training but very active (high repetition) so you get a good cardio workout. Not a substitute for a weight training regime but a good workout DVD. I also like some of Cathe Freidrich's ones (they are tough though) and I have a good one by Karen Voight - she's very graceful. I would like to have an elliptical since the gym is 40 km away - I loved having a treadmill but it no longer works and they said it will cost more to fix than to wait and get a new one or an elliptical.

Hi to everyone else,
jaxjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 04:40 PM   #49  
April

S/C/G: 203/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

Hi Tonya! Welcome!! I hope you do great with SF!!

Hi to everyone else!

It's a new week... This is day 8 for me. Doing good so far. A few slips here and there, but no binging yet. That's the important part.

Jax-

I love having my elliptical here in my apartment. The gyms around here are pretty expensive, so it was a worthwhile investment. My treadmill also died and that was when I decided to switch over to the elliptical. It was a great decision on my part. I hope you are able to figure something!!

Good luck to everyone!!
aprilcp12344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 07:04 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 328/?/140

THANKS YOU ALL FOR ALL WELCOMES TO ME.....

THINGS ARE GOOD HERE JUST CHECKING IN TO SAY HI AND HOPE ALL IS HAVING A NICE DAY......

TONYA
chubbystress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:44 PM   #51  
April

So I was wondering if anyone uses leftovers for their next day meal? I've been having my shake and half a sandwhich, plus veggie or fruit for lunch. I'm starting to get sick of sandwhiches. I was wondering if I used my leftovers(in moderation) for the next day lunch(to replace just the sandwhich) if it would mess up my plan?

Thanks.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:11 AM   #52  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

I never have a sandwich at lunch unless I am working. Either I have a salad or something with veggies. Often I use leftovers. Just make sure to allow the appropriate number of calories and get your nutrients (that would be the moderation) .
jaxjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:15 AM   #53  
Mous

Morning all,

Today is a snowy day....brr!

Warm soup sounds divine.

Too bad we can't make hot chocolate shakes from the chocolate royale!

Enjoy your day and walk a little more than yesterday.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:18 AM   #54  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning All! I have a fabulous announcement! I met my mini goal - which is basically to be in the next set of 10's each month! So my goal for this month was to see 179 or less by the last day...well, it's only the 22nd and I saw 179 this morning!

How did I get here so early? Hard work. I eat very much on plan for me (my plan is not the SF plan, I just incorporate parts of it into my plan)...and I workout hard. Last night I did 3.7 miles (45 min) on the elliptical followed by 30 min. of weight lifting and ab work (haha...they are still flabby!), and then 36 minutes of interval training (walk/run) on the treadmill...of which I ran 1.25 miles and walked 1.25 miles. It was hard and is hard...but I do it 5 nights a week....and these are my results....along with a big grin on my face. It just feels good. Today at 10am I am meeting with a personal trainer for the first time. I want to be able to use the free weights and not look like a fool...or injure myself.

Wish me luck! Good luck to all of you!

*April - as for sandwiches - I think you can have whatever you want for your lunch - as long as it falls into your calorie range for the day and is considered somewhat healthy (in other words, no hamburgers or fries...except on those special occassions!).

*Chubby - welcome welcome welcome - check in often!!

*Jax - nice to hear from you My toes are doing better...just still hurt, not so bad though - as you can see I am back to running.

*Windsong - how are you doing? You seem chipper every day! Congrats on being so happy!!!
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:58 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Even tho I am at goal I still use Slimfast to maintain my loss. I just got back from a 9 day vacation. I took SF along to have for breakfast and came home at the same weight as I had left. I plan to always have SF on hand, in fact I just finished a can of cappuccino delight. I like the canned SF as I don't have to be concerned about running out of milk.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:46 PM   #56  
April

Yay! For no sandwhiches. They are okay most days, but urgh. They get sickening. We had chicken tonight, and I just made one oz extra so I can use it for lunch tomorrow. Yummy.

Bargoo- I only use the canned SF, as I also like the easiness of them, but I do want to try the smoothie sometime. It sounds soo good!!

Gatoramanda- Wow! You exercise quite a bit. Good for you! I'm lucky to get 20 minutes a day in. Great job!

Today was a good day. At least soo far. I hope they are all this easy!
Old 01-23-2008, 09:03 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

One of my favorite smoothies is cappucino delight blended with a small banana , yummy. or strawberry blended with about 6 or so fresh strawberries.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:07 PM   #58  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

April - I'm probably going to kill myself exercising I actually thoroughly enjoy it - although I did some killer lunges yesterday and my arse is still aching...but I managed to get up off my butt for another 2 hour session tonight...seriously, I must be a head case.
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:28 PM   #59  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Hi everyone! I hope you don't mind me hopping in here. I've been doing Slim Fast for about 2 1/2-3 weeks now and have lost 9 pounds. I considered trying something else for awhile but I think I'll stay with Slim Fast since I really am getting good results. Sometimes it gets a bad rap from people and I get reading too much of other peoples' opinions on these boards...lol...I need to quit being swayed so easily. Anyhow, I hope you don't mind another Slim Faster!

Oh, and I noticed Lady Windsonger mentioned heating the chocolate royale shake, well last week I poured the vanilla shake out of the can and into a large mug, sprinkled a little pumpkin pie spice into it, stirred, and heated in the microwave until warm and it was really pretty good. I'm not sure if it's ok to do that to the product, but I didn't get sick or anything. I thought I'd even try it with apple pie spice sometime, too. Just to "shake" things up a little! LOL. Haha...sorry...

Have a great Thursday everyone!

Last edited by rebelridergirl; 01-23-2008 at 11:38 PM.
rebelridergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 05:11 AM   #60  
Mous

So here it is another new day. What will it bring?

No more snow but it sure is COLD! Sun has been out and melting our snow but it is still there.

Stay warm and happy.