Old 01-01-2008, 11:52 AM   #16  

Hardly ever to be honest. Even at the doctors, they know I don't do it and are fine with it. I can tell within a few pounds based on clothes and don't need a number to bum me out or cheer me up. I just know my body and where I feel good at. Don't even own a scale anymore.
scorpiochic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 01:57 PM   #17  
Smartypants

I weigh every month, if even that... I guess to me, the number doesn't matter if I am unhappy with my body; it's not like weighing will change the way I look in the mirror, or make me stop trying. At least, that's my view. It's just depressing sometimes, sure a loss always, but not my goal, so I avoid it except every now and then to monitor progress, so that I stay focused on the positives.
txangelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:01 PM   #18  
Fea
My Reality Check bounced.

S/C/G: 168/159/126

Height: 5'6

Well Im off to weigh myself now for the first time in months. Ive well and truly been avoiding it. But after tonight it'll probably be every other day! I know I shouldn't so I'll try hard to stick to once a week.
Fea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:29 PM   #19  
weight watching

I weigh every morning now -- it keeps me "on program." (as does journaling) It's taken me a long time to accept the scale and not say, "Oh great! Lost a pound. That's three pounds this week, so I can have 4 brownies" or its evil twin, "Fie! Gained .2 pounds when I was absolutely PERFECT yesterday. Diets don't work. I'm going to go out and eat 4 brownies." It also took me a long time to find a scale that I can trust.

I also weigh every day because I'm trying to find patterns. Assuming that I DO stick to my eating plan, what causes the fluctuations? Amount of sleep, amount of salt, water, exercise..... don't have any answers yet, but I hope to!
Bloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 02:26 PM   #20  
WMB Black Team

S/C/G: 170/155/135

Height: 5'2

I weigh in every Saturday because I'm in WW, but I also weigh myself on Wednesday to see how I'm doing that week and what to expect.
Briefasa Hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:18 PM   #21  
Lose Weight in 2008!

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briefasa Hime View Post
I weigh in every Saturday because I'm in WW, but I also weigh myself on Wednesday to see how I'm doing that week and what to expect.
I was thinking that it'd be a good idea to maybe weigh more than once a week...maybe mid-week. That way if you lost weight on say Thursday, and then you weigh the same (or less) on Monday, you know it's real weight you loss. You know?

I've been on my "life change" since Jan 1st. Yesterday I maybe ate 500 calories (if that) b/c I was sick. When I weighed myself this morning I weighed 3.7lbs lighter (212.6). Now, I'm not going to change my ticker until Monday b/c I don't know if that's true weight loss yet. I sure hope it is!!!!!
BabyNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:24 PM   #22  
Fea
My Reality Check bounced.

S/C/G: 168/159/126

Height: 5'6

I always promise myself once a week. Yet its only day 3 of me being on my 'healthy eating plan' and Ive weighed myself twice! Yesterday I was 3lb lighter and today 4lb lighter. However, when I weighed myself today I hadnt eaten for 8 hours (because I didnt have time for a break at work) so I know the reason I was that much lighter today was because I was empty lol. I do also realise that this is the first week and I will mainly lose water. But any loss is a good loss as long as it stays off
Fea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:33 PM   #23  
TBL RED TEAM MEMBER

S/C/G: 230/210/140

Height: 5`11

I weigh myself everyday. I have to because it keeps me accountable for what my goals are about and it keeps me on track.
MISS 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 07:37 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 192/174/165

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

I weigh myself too much! I weigh every day in the morning. I do it right before I hop in the shower!
addisonsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 02:54 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 231/233/150

Height: 5'7''

I weigh every morning, nude. It's my way of keeping myself focused on my goals. I don't tend to fluctuate though - when I'm eating well and exercising, I either maintain or lose weight, I only gain when I've been eating poorly, so it's a good barometer for me to measure whether my health behaviours are on track or not.
~Cherie~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:30 AM   #26  
Captain Obvious

Height: 5'8

I may be in the minority, but I don't weigh myself anymore. When I did, I was obsessed about it and get this... If I was down a few pounds I would take that as a ticket to eat whatever I wanted. If I gained it would still be a ticket to eat whatever I wanted. How messed up is that?!?!?! It was really truly hard to stop weighing, but I am so glad that I have. It has helped me so much especially since I have a tendency to binge. The only real reason we have a scale is because of my husband, otherwise it would be loooong gone!
gastronome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:57 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 207/200.2/115

Height: 5'6"

every morning faitfully
carlskl is offline   Reply With Quote