Old 12-12-2007, 06:48 PM   #16  
Amy

By the way, how is it legal for them to not refund the prepaid weeks??

Isn't there ANYTHING to be done about this?

AmyLou- you're prelaw-- what's the deal??
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 06:51 PM   #17  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Yeah Amy I agree with you... how can it be legal? I don't get it. There has got to be some recourse.
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 06:54 PM   #18  
That's me on the left

S/C/G: 295/221.5/195

Yep, the centers here in northern Indiana are closing, too. I brought home my remaining bars plus my counsellor gave me all of the info I need to complete my plan, all the way through maintanance. All products are 50% off, too. She also had me fill out a refund request. I have 15 weeks of WL left plus my S & M. Luckily, my counsellor also gave me her e-mail addy and she lives a couple blocks from me. I feel especially bad for the lady they just hired last month...

Dan, didn't you guys have to file a lawsuit? Did you end up getting your money back?

PS-The company is bankrupt...
mgresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 06:55 PM   #19  
Amy

If they're bankrupt, we won't get our money back.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:09 PM   #20  
LAWL Salt Police

Exactly Amy... If there ain't no money, you can't get any back...

I advise you all who have closing CODs to talk with your counselors about this now and get every single box you can, OR a refund before they close their doors. Once the doors are locked, you're going to be SOL...

I've done some googling, and can't find anything about a nationwide shutdown. Of course, that doesn't mean a thing.

I'm sorry this is happening to y'all... Maybe I'll just start counseling on this site and call it "Dan Weight Loss"....
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:10 PM   #21  
Becca on LAWL

S/C/G: 220/193/123

It is true...if they are bankrupt, none of us will ever see any of those monies again. It is just heartbreaking...it was the first weight loss program that ever worked for me, and even now, I can't find another where I have all the elements that helped me be successful, you know?

If someone figures out if there is some way to make our voices heard, please let us know...not just for those of us here, but for those thousands of people who don't have a voice...
stitchinchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:12 PM   #22  
Becca on LAWL

S/C/G: 220/193/123

Dan,

Don't google "Pure" - google "LA Weight Loss" - we've found a few news articles (in Texas and Orlando) and then a few on the "I've been ripped off sites" from Texas...sounds like the many stories we've all heard/are experiencing here...

And I'm with Dan - go get your bars! Once they're closed, chances are that's it...

P.S. Sign me up for "Weight Loss with Dan..."

Last edited by stitchinchick; 12-12-2007 at 07:13 PM.
stitchinchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:18 PM   #23  
LAWL Salt Police

I could get Billy Maze to do my info-mercials!!

Or maybe that English guy who does that awful Silver Bullet commercial

Last edited by Dan2112; 12-12-2007 at 07:18 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:01 PM   #24  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

I'm not into LAWL - but I have seen all of your pleas online today about center closings. I don't know anything about how it works...but I do know that if you paid with a Visa/Mastercard (even a debit card with a visa or mastercard logo) then you can call your bank or credit card company and explain the situation that you paid for an item and the company shut down on you - they will refund you in full...immediately..at least that is how it worked for me when I filed a claim against a seller on amazon.com - he never mailed a book I ordered, after weeks of waiting, I called Bank of America (my debit card providers) and complained...they credited me....told me that they could take the credit back after an investigation...I just got a letter in the mail this week...after a 6 week investigation - they stated my credit stands....so...long story short...if you paid with a credit or debit card, you can likely get your money back!
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:54 PM   #25  

Hi All!!

It's true...all PURE Weightloss centers are closing down. We (employees) found out today. The reason weeks are non-refundable is because if you enrolled after 4/2007, your enrollment agreement states that service is non-refundable. Also, they're giving you the web program and phone counseling to use. So, technically, the only thing changing is how you're getting your counseling. Product left in the center (purchased before September) is refundable, however, since they're closing their doors, I'd either pick them up from your local center or request a refund.

***IMPORTANT...ladies, if you're going to call to request a refund, try to speak to your center's Regional Manager. We've been instructed to direct ALL calls to customer service (which will draw out the process). However, our Regionals still have authority to input refunds (even for weeks!), but they'll only do it if you're NICE to them. Most clients don't care that we'll all be out of jobs once this place closes. My Regional hates what's happening, but will help nice, friendly clients any way she can.

Hope this helps!!
bella1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 10:07 PM   #26  
Amy

Thanks Bella!

I enrolled back in 2004, I just bought some more weeks,literally LAST week!

YOu think I have a chance?

Thanks for your guidance... we understand you're out of a job!!
Old 12-12-2007, 10:10 PM   #27  

Honestly, it depends on how nice the Regional is. Worst case, she'll probably let you swap the cost for some product.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:13 PM   #28  
Amy

Want to know the funny thing?? She's the one who sold me the weeks!

I am so glad I didn't buy MORE bars... she was definitely pressuring!
Old 12-12-2007, 10:18 PM   #29  

Lol...I can assure you, she didn't know what was happening until today. Good Luck!
Old 12-12-2007, 11:18 PM   #30  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatoramanda View Post
I'm not into LAWL - but I have seen all of your pleas online today about center closings. I don't know anything about how it works...but I do know that if you paid with a Visa/Mastercard (even a debit card with a visa or mastercard logo) then you can call your bank or credit card company and explain the situation that you paid for an item and the company shut down on you - they will refund you in full...immediately..at least that is how it worked for me when I filed a claim against a seller on amazon.com - he never mailed a book I ordered, after weeks of waiting, I called Bank of America (my debit card providers) and complained...they credited me....told me that they could take the credit back after an investigation...I just got a letter in the mail this week...after a 6 week investigation - they stated my credit stands....so...long story short...if you paid with a credit or debit card, you can likely get your money back!
Unfortunately not true if you've completely paid off that credit card... Once the debt is paid, there's nothing for them to refund to you... Believe me.. I tried...